Pre-Assessed..
Friends:

Ponder upon: Why the mid year report is not published yet :'( :'( :'(

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
@MZASAM because the Year End report of 2015 was published in April. It takes 4 months for them to release the report. you can expect it October

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I got a standard copy-paste reply from the Minister's office.
what they said in their copy-paste message?

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
I am still not able to digest/understand file nos and nominations.

Total available slots for CEC & FSW: 2700
Few ppl from Feb with 1601** nos got nominated.
Current scenario - file nos have reached 164***
By end of April applications file nos will be 166***

Hence 6000 AOR's against 2700 positions out which I assume 600-700 nominations have been given out.

I am on verge of going crazy now. (Encashed demand drafts cannot be returned...so wht next)

evoboy2016

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
DUBAI
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
In 2015, ontario only issued 871 nominations, which received ITAs. Maybe another 100 could not accept nominations due to various reasons.

Currently the file number for the nominations is in the 600s and have stopped at around Nov 3rd, whereas aor file numbers have reached the 3000s till Jan 2016 applicants.

Do you all think 3000 nominations will be processed for 2016 since they have encashed the DDs or will they return the files?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/reports/ee-year-end-2015.asp

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
What I am afraid of is that OINP does have the right to shut down the program and say "That's all folks!". They do not have to return any of the 1500 CAD as this fees is for processing our applications, which they have done already (for issuing the AoRs). Is there such a precedent?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shashidhar_sm said:
What I am afraid of is that OINP does have the right to shut down the program and say "That's all folks!". They do not have to return any of the 1500 CAD as this fees is for processing our applications, which they have done already (for issuing the AoRs). Is there such a precedent?
Unlikely. No. Even in the unlikely event they shutdown the program, they will have to refund the fee back. There is no way they can retain the payment and not process the application on the grounds "program closed". Imagine the turmoil if they decide to close - They will have to return the payment to all applicants who got AOR. This would be harder than just processing the applications and sending out nominations.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rajkamal: Seniors/All Members

Off late, the applicants have started getting the negative thoughts due to lack of transparency, delays in issuing NOM's, who fulfilled the criterion.
God forbid; if they shut down the program, it would be highly outrageous decision, ruining the plans, time and money of several thousands applicants.

The government according to some members closed down some programs earlier. It is their sole discretion whether to return the applications/fee
and none of us will be able to challenge the decision.

Let's all stay positive; hope for the best positive outcome of our applications.
:'( :'( :-X :-X

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Unlikely. No. Even in the unlikely event they shutdown the program, they will have to refund the fee back. There is no way they can retain the payment and not process the application on the grounds "program closed". Imagine the turmoil if they decide to close - They will have to return the payment to all applicants who got AOR. This would be harder than just processing the applications and sending out nominations.
I hope you are right, Raj.

But I have been reading the Application Guide (over and over again, as I have nothing else to do) - It says

Page 21, Part I - Fees
Fees are non-refundable.
The province of Ontario charges fees to partially
recover the cost of administering OINP. Since the application fee helps pay for the
cost of processing applications, it will not be refunded even if the application is not
successful, if you withdraw the application at any stage of the process, or if the
province cancels or withdraws the nomination
Wouldn't it come under the purview of 'cancels or withdraws the nomination' if Ontario decides to scrap the program altogether. They could certainly argue that they have "processed" applications by issuing AORs.

Note and Disclaimer: I am not fear-mongering, and I certainly hope everybody here gets his/her nomination and eventually the PR card soon enough. I am just getting paranoid and OINP is doing nothing to quell our fears.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
Rajkamal: Seniors/All Members

Off late, the applicants have started getting the negative thoughts due to lack of transparency, delays in issuing NOM's, who fulfilled the criterion.
God forbid; if they shut down the program, it would be highly outrageous decision, ruining the plans, time and money of several thousands applicants.

The government according to some members closed down some programs earlier. It is their sole discretion whether to return the applications/fee
and none of us will be able to challenge the decision.

Let's all stay positive; hope for the best positive outcome of our applications.
:'( :'( :-X :-X
shashidhar_sm said:
I hope you are right, Raj.

But I have been reading the Application Guide (over and over again, as I have nothing else to do) - It says

Page 21, Part I - Fees
Wouldn't it come under the purview of 'cancels or withdraws the nomination' if Ontario decides to scrap the program altogether. They could certainly argue that they have "processed" applications by issuing AORs.

Note and Disclaimer: I am not fear-mongering, and I certainly hope everybody here gets his/her nomination and eventually the PR card soon enough. I am just getting paranoid and OINP is doing nothing to quell our fears.
Well, how I understand the terms "Cancel" and "Withdraw" is different. Suppose an applicant has misrepresented and OINP issues the nomination and then finds out there was a fraud involved, the program can cancel/withdraw the nomination. I think the wordings on the OINP guide reflect the same. Even if they scrap the program, we can most definitely file a lawsuit against them - They cannot take payment for something they scrapped.

I think we are getting way too paranoid - These kinds of thoughts are understandable though; They are not transparent and hence all these negative thoughts comes to mind. However, I would just suggest that it is very unlikely for it to happen. We will (hopefully) receive nominations by the end of this year (at least?)

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashidhar_sm:

"Note and Disclaimer: I am not fear-mongering, and I certainly hope everybody here gets his/her nomination and eventually the PR card soon enough. I am just getting paranoid and OINP is doing nothing to quell our fears."

None of the applicants I believe would perceive it as fear-mongering; some may

You expressed your perspectives, referred, stated the facts from user guide. Let's all be realistic of the pros and cons.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram:

You are absolutely correct. I wish and pray that we all get our AOR's/NOM's

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
I think we are getting way too paranoid
Yup, I plead guilty.

Even if they scrap the program, we can most definitely file a lawsuit against them
I am not sure how we can, specially us folks who are not in Canada yet. I guess we can have somebody represent us, but I do not know how all that works.

We will (hopefully) receive nominations by the end of this year (at least?)

This is the kind of uncertainty that OINP has to do something about.

I remember some folks in the December thread trying to start a petition of sorts; I was against it back then, but I have started considering it seriously now as a course of action.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shashidhar_sm said:
Yup, I plead guilty.
I am not sure how we can, specially us folks who are not in Canada yet. I guess we can have somebody represent us, but I do not know how all that works.
This is the kind of uncertainty that OINP has to do something about.

I remember some folks in the December thread trying to start a petition of sorts; I was against it back then, but I have started considering it seriously now as a course of action.
I suggested that we send a petition like 1.5 months back. Some people were against it. Well, its okay, I guess. My question is should we give them more time (till the end of August) or do something right away. This delay is negatively affecting the applicants' health as well - anxiety, depression; you name it. I have been continuously dropping mails to them and I get the very same reply (even though I change the contents of the e-mail; different questions). I have not heard back from the Premier's office (I wrote to them around 15 - 20 days back I guess). I guess we need to stay put a little more - Any drastic decision at the last moment would certainly make us regret in the future.

sameermicheal

Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Dec 2015(OINP AOR: 14 JUNE 2016)
Doc's Request.
Pay slips for 15 months(Nov 2016)
Nomination.....
5 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
Eapr: 21 DEC 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Medical passed 9 FEB 2017
Passport Req..
8 march 2017
Hi, i doubt scraping off the program.. If they had to do it they would have done it when they returned applications after 9th May.. I think it was a planned decision.
V all have waited for aor for the longest times which eventually came.
I belive it's just a waiting game now.