+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
bestofluck said:
you think the person who replies email is the same who process the application? why would it affect the processing due to so many emails. I dont visualize OINP being a small office with a staff of 4 people sitting with a telephone kept in between them where anyone who is free will pick up and reply. Some files stuck in the corner of the room and some lying here and there. 4 of them pulling their tables joining them to have lunch.
Good point; I don't understand why they cannot answer our application status queries. It is not like they are a small team of 3-4 people looking at thousands of applications. And again, like CanadaWeCome said, they should have expected the huge volume of applications given the fact that they issued a hell lot of PTs!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
CanadaWeCome said:
That's true. May be he's not aware of how contact centres are managed worldwide.

But what's also true is that there aren't so many mails actually, if one counts the numbers.

If one person can handle all the daily calls...statistically the No. of mails per day won't be very different from the No. of calls per day. (logically)
Yes, It has definitely to do something with their strategy that they are not giving out nominations and not with the processing inability. Except for the 2 nominations for FSW they have paused sending nominations since long. They are free to make any strategy or take any decision but the thing is it should be transparent and updated on the web regularly .Doing so will automatically reduce number of calls and emails. They updated the not so important thing like fraudulent calls, but they dont think it is necessary to update about the nominations or process or strategy.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
shashidhar_sm said:
Good point; I don't understand why they cannot answer our application status queries. It is not like they are a small team of 3-4 people looking at thousands of applications. And again, like CanadaWeCome said, they should have expected the huge volume of applications given the fact that they issued a hell lot of PTs!
Absolutely!...But this time they did answer my mail with a TAT of 1 working day...so i can't complain there that they don't reply (at least not this time). But yes, in the past they have ignored my query mail for more that 21 days too.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
bestofluck said:
Yes, It has definitely to do something with their strategy that they are not giving out nominations and not with the processing inability. Except for the 2 nominations for FSW they have paused sending nominations since long. They are free to make any strategy or take any decision but the thing is it should be transparent and updated on the web regularly .Doing so will automatically reduce number of calls and emails. They updated the not so important thing like fraudulent calls, but they dont think it is necessary to update about the nominations or process or strategy.
Totally agree.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
shashidhar_sm said:
When they send PT they know what they are doing. They do count the number of applicants in every application and than send PT. I am sure the huge volume is not because of the Express Entry because it is always in front of them, but due to other categories which they do not know how many would apply. They must have recd more application from other categories which they only come to know after they receive the parcel.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Well, He's just being optimistic. The frustration is understandable. But I guess very little can be done.

OINP had a simpler selection criteria than others that were NOC based and hence the number of applications were the most.

SINP was very effective since it was NOC based and that list was update regularly. Also they put a cap on the number of applications they were taking.

Learning points for OINP I hope.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors; Is Asivad active on the forum, threads? Seems, he got busy..

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
MZASAM said:
Seniors; Is Asivad active on the forum, threads? Seems, he got busy..
i guess not...I myself haven't bumped into any of his updates of late...Others may update in case they know otherwise.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The half yearly report is anxiously awaited by all applicants, which would provide some clarity on the current status.
Cause of delay; unknown.
IF OINP/CIC provides stats, updates on regular basis, many applicants would refrain from sending mails etc

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Okay, so how many of you November applicants wrote to the Minister (MCIIT) and to the premier of Ontario? I would like to know. If a substantial number of applicants write this, I believe the Ontario government will understand that this is not a isolated issue. An entire community is facing this problem.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PiyushAgrawal06121985 said:
Well, He's just being optimistic. The frustration is understandable. But I guess very little can be done.

OINP had a simpler selection criteria than others that were NOC based and hence the number of applications were the most.

SINP was very effective since it was NOC based and that list was update regularly. Also they put a cap on the number of applications they were taking.

Learning points for OINP I hope.
I would say compassion towards OINP front desk rather than being optimistic. I guess that offended few here. It wasn't intended but we're living in a very sensitive world. And OINP has made people so edgy that you can expect a riot if you speak a word against the popular opinion. I saw few inane personal attacks as well. Should exercise some care going forward not to push people off the edge! :)

I echo your observation on why OINP received so many applications. I think PT was system generated and it sent it to all with 400+ points. Let's wait and see how it all turns out.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MZASAM said:
The half yearly report is anxiously awaited by all applicants, which would provide some clarity on the current status.
Cause of delay; unknown.
IF OINP/CIC provides stats, updates on regular basis, many applicants would refrain from sending mails etc
Agree with you on that!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
Cause of delay; unknown.
Yup - This will show how many people OINP has nominated this year.