20-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
May be he was angry at his own ignorance but how can the decision phase come right after AOR? People do receive additional document requests. Even for those who do not get additional document requests, the documents would most certainly be checked. I don't think the grumpy operator was right!
Oh he said the documents will be checked in decision phase as well.

jaysingh10

Star Member
May 13, 2015
I know the one with grumpy voice,he talks total BS,i gave him my AOR num and asked for status update and he said you will get your AOR in 4-6 weeks,,i am like this guys is talking total BS.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
jaysingh10 said:
I know the one with grumpy voice,he talks total BS,i gave him my AOR num and asked for status update and he said you will get your AOR in 4-6 weeks,,i am like this guys is talking total BS.
Guy, guys...to all in the last few discussion posts about the grumpy guy...I think most of you are right...that guy is just plain BS...to the extent that he doesn't even answer properly what you ask for...and instead gets angry and shows arrogance if you repeat the question or ask further clarification...And after a point he simply refuses to answer. I almost visualize him like the bouncers at any of the neighborhood posh pubs. By the way we have been here almost 8 months post AOR and still no sign of Nomination. What BS he is saying about nomination in 4 months post AOR.

We all have faced him by now...i think.

I also get a feeling(don't know why) that this guy has been purposefully put there by MCIIT to shoo away such pesky (for OINP) callers like us with such arrogance and irritation in his voice.

Again coming to think of it what other options do we applicants have??? other thank keep calling him and irritating him no end.

Nastaran70

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
I wrote to minister, i asked her to confirm if there is a pause in issuing nominations, because all applications are stuck in decision phase,
And i askrd if they can publish the number of nominations they give each month or season,
I hope she give an answer relevant and clear,

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This forum has been a great source of information and networking for all aspiring immigrants. However, as far as OINP is considered it has been a source for frustration and despair as well. So, I thought I will express few things I felt about it.

I see so many posts here following up with OINP even after AOR. But there has been no post which had a positive impact because the person followed up so many times except for a couple of cases where follow up was required for a genuine reason.
1. Expiring WP
2. Got nomination from some other province and hence the candidate wanted OINP to stop processing application

My two cents on persistent follow ups -

This is an excerpt from AOR - "We kindly request that you wait until after you receive notification that your application has moved to the assessment phase before contacting the OINP to inquire about the status of your application. This will allow our staff time to focus on processing applications to the program."

OINP may be slow in picking up applications. However, their communication of status once they pick up application has been extremely commendable. We received a notification stating that our application has been queued for initial verification. We got notified that application has been reviewed and accepted. And then the AOR in a couple of days (some AORs were sent to wrong email addresses. That is human error. Once they automate it, I believe it will get eliminated). Even after AOR, candidates have received frequent and up-to-date status of their application till nomination, once application is picked up for assessment.

Ontario needs skilled immigrants. So, if they are not issuing enough nominations to fulfill the need of the labor market, I am sure there are many senior immigration and LMIA authorities OINP is answerable. We following up would hardly make a difference.

I see it as a positive sign that OINP stopped accepting new applications. It means people who have already applied have the first mover advantage. I completely agree that it is frustrating. All this uncertainty and its impact on our personal plans is irritating. However, I don't believe incessant follow up calls and emails are the solution for that. What may be better is writing a formal letter/grievance to higher authority in OINP or CIC who has sufficient authority to influence the pace with which nominations are issued. I read in few posts that few did it, but don't see much of a positive response there either.

In any case, I believe OINP needs us as much we need them. So, exercising patience may be our best move under current circumstances.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nastaran70 said:
I wrote to minister, i asked her to confirm if there is a pause in issuing nominations, because all applications are stuck in decision phase,
And i askrd if they can publish the number of nominations they give each month or season,
I hope she give an answer relevant and clear,
Great Nastaran. Appreciate it... Pl keep us informed once you receive a response. How did you get the email id, btw? Is it available in public domain?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Mr Optimist said:
This forum has been a great source of information and networking for all aspiring immigrants. However, as far as OINP is considered it has been a source for frustration and despair as well. So, I thought I will express few things I felt about it.

I see so many posts here following up with OINP even after AOR. But there has been no post which had a positive impact because the person followed up so many times except for a couple of cases where follow up was required for a genuine reason.
1. Expiring WP
2. Got nomination from some other province and hence the candidate wanted OINP to stop processing application

My two cents on persistent follow ups -

This is an excerpt from AOR - "We kindly request that you wait until after you receive notification that your application has moved to the assessment phase before contacting the OINP to inquire about the status of your application. This will allow our staff time to focus on processing applications to the program."

OINP may be slow in picking up applications. However, their communication of status once they pick up application has been extremely commendable. We received a notification stating that our application has been queued for initial verification. We got notified that application has been reviewed and accepted. And then the AOR in a couple of days (some AORs were sent to wrong email addresses. That is human error. Once they automate it, I believe it will get eliminated). Even after AOR, candidates have received frequent and up-to-date status of their application till nomination, once application is picked up for assessment.

Ontario needs skilled immigrants. So, if they are not issuing enough nominations to fulfill the need of the labor market, I am sure there are many senior immigration and LMIA authorities OINP is answerable. We following up would hardly make a difference.

I see it as a positive sign that OINP stopped accepting new applications. It means people who have already applied have the first mover advantage. I completely agree that it is frustrating. All this uncertainty and its impact on our personal plans is irritating. However, I don't believe incessant follow up calls and emails are the solution for that. What may be better is writing a formal letter/grievance to higher authority in OINP or CIC who has sufficient authority to influence the pace with which nominations are issued. I read in few posts that few did it, but don't see much of a positive response there either.

In any case, I believe OINP needs us as much we need them. So, exercising patience may be our best move under current circumstances.
It all sounds good...but try to be in the shoes of people who have been waiting since Oct 2015...by keeping their life on hold.

I am in no way trying to discourage you or the forum here...but it's painful to say the least.

Anyway all the very best...to you and all here.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
It all sounds good...but try to be in the shoes of people who have been waiting since Oct 2015...by keeping their life on hold.

I am in no way trying to discourage you or the forum here...but it's painful to say the least.

Anyway all the very best...to you and all here.
I may have sent my application in Dec but I assure you, I'm equally frustrated. But following up with OINP is not helping better anything and can't expected to do any difference.

Moreover, I feel email responses we receive are not system generated emails. They have email templates and someone is manually sending them. I know it because I received 3 responses on 3 different days for a single query I sent. All with template answers that said, "We have huge no of applications and it is taking longer than usual". Imagine how much time OINP team might have to spend to go through thousands of emails everyday and reply to all those queries. If they don't have those many emails to reply to, may be they can use that time to assess few more applications and send nominations.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Mr Optimist said:
I may have sent my application in Dec but I assure you, I'm equally frustrated. But following up with OINP is not helping better anything and can't expected to do any difference.

Moreover, I feel email responses we receive are not system generated emails. They have email templates and someone is manually sending them. I know it because I received 3 responses on 3 different days for a single query I sent. All with template answers that said, "We have huge no of applications and it is taking longer than usual". Imagine how much time OINP team might have to spend to go through thousands of emails everyday and reply to all those queries. If they don't have those many emails to reply to, may be they can use that time to assess few more applications and send nominations.
No, i refuse to buy that argument that you are equally frustrated with application submitted in Dec... unless your speed of getting frustrated is faster than others.

I have seen and experienced many a contact center work methods, and answering all queries with 3-4 variants of templates cannot be that difficult, unless one is a slow reader...All they have to do is just read the damn email and choose the most appropriate template (no need to even change the specifics) as none of the replies go into specific applicant details. And by the way they don't receive thousands of mails on a daily basis...(pls do the math). And this crisis situation is their own making...if they hadn't issued so many NOIs and clogged the flow, by slowing the processing, this situation wouldn't have risen in the first place. It's not the applicants fault, its solely their own making...in fact applicants have paid 1500CAD for the service, they are not providing this free of charge...so think...

Having said that, no amount of work load/lack of resource justifies a delay of 8-9 months to process an application of no more than 100 pages for a professional organization like MCIIT.

Anyway no point going on and on on this...if you can remain positive for the next 5-6 months good for you...but as you said you too are already frustrated...i don't see that as a possibility for long...

Keep up your positivity...when i ask the same question 4-5 months down the line...

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Do we have an idea how many of October applicants are still waiting?

bgj

Jul 1, 2016
maged_mmh said:
Do we have an idea how many of October applicants are still waiting?
CanadaWelcome, I myself and few others are October applicants. Then I forgot the name, one guy from July is still waiting. Then many forums have a name Rafzy with pending nomination, I guess September applicant. there is no timelines, I guess just depends on the officer because one november applicant got nominated previous month. And we are still waiting without getting even reply for our query.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
bgj said:
CanadaWelcome, I myself and few others are October applicants. Then I forgot the name, one guy from July is still waiting. Then many forums have a name Rafzy with pending nomination, I guess September applicant. there is no timelines, I guess just depends on the officer because one november applicant got nominated previous month. And we are still waiting without getting even reply for our query.
Fortunately i emailed them regarding my status on 1st Aug and got the same standard template response yesterday (2nd Aug).

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Mr Optimist said:

you think the person who replies email is the same who process the application? why would it affect the processing due to so many emails. I dont visualize OINP being a small office with a staff of 4 people sitting with a telephone kept in between them where anyone who is free will pick up and reply. Some files stuck in the corner of the room and some lying here and there. 4 of them pulling their tables joining them to have lunch.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
bestofluck said:
you think the person who replies email is the same who process the application? why would it affect the processing due to so many emails.
That's true. May be he's not aware of how contact centres are managed worldwide.

But what's also true is that there aren't so many mails actually, if one counts the numbers.

If one person can handle all the daily calls...statistically the No. of mails per day won't be very different from the No. of calls per day. (logically)