+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Can some one please share the link, where I can check OCI status?

I used https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/track-application.php and it always shows as "Processing at Consulate General"

hello all,
Here is my status for reference out of Calgary:
Date Of Acknowledgment19-JUN-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-AUG-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn

Do you happen to know when I can expect to receive it? What are the next steps?

Manny777

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hello friends,

I applied for my OCI application in Mississauga on 26-July. Below are the timelines displayed on OCI portal. It seems, the cards are not yet reached Toronto. How much time does it take to courier the cards from New Delhi to Toronto?

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn21-AUG-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn22-AUG-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn
I also have the same dispatched date from Delhi.

I saw the below details in one of the signatures!! We should get OCI in hand by next week based on that. :)

BLS Toronto
Application submitted to BLS : July 5, 2024
Date of Acknowledgement : July 10, 2024
Document Printing Status: Processed on August 2, 2024
Dispatched from MEA: August 05, 2024
Document received at Toronto: August 13, 2024

OCI delivered to home: August 14, 2024

Last edited:
Reactions: anigdikar

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Anyone recently applied for OCI in July from Ottawa ?
Can you please share your processing timelines here ?
I have applied on July 31st, it says it’s processing. As per the previous posts, its is taking 40-45 days to process for Ottawa applicants and overall 7-8weeks for the whole process.

Reactions: navrion25

jananicmouli

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
An update for my application and venting out my frustration on uselessness of BLS Canada.
1. My birth city name in India was changed.
2. My old cancelled Indian Passport had the previous city name.
3. My new Canadian Passport have the new city name.

My OCI application is being returned as erroneous wherein I've to explain why name of city is different in Canadian and Indian Passport.
Also I have to provide an affidavit (for which they have no format but rather I've to check with my lawyer) which states why the city name is different.
When I mentioned no such thing is asked when Passport is renewed whether NRI or even in India, they said it is a requirement only for OCI application.
The whole process has turned into a showcase of incompetency and another bullet point to add in the long list of BLS uselessness and how they try to mint money.

Also they will make money on postal application by virtue of overcharging.

Will update later what happens to my application as I didn't find any relevant information on this when searching for solution on this issue.
Maybe it will help someone in future.
Well, they wanted an affidavit with just the order of name change (where they put my full name in one line in my previous Indian passport and my name & surname separately in Canadian passport). Even the lawyer who notarized my affidavit found this absolutely ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: anumantra

vabishek17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Yes you need to get a two way service so that they would send the documents with return prepaid label in their envelope.
My OCI application package was delivered on Tuesday. When I checked the BLS website today, it says no record found. Does it take few days/a week for the status to update? I sent it via Purolator (not BLS).

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Well, they wanted an affidavit with just the order of name change (where they put my full name in one line in my previous Indian passport and my name & surname separately in Canadian passport). Even the lawyer who notarized my affidavit found this absolutely ridiculous.
Yes, them acting upon whims and fancy is known now. Thing is that we can't do anything and it is going to be like that. It is non sensical but will have to put up with it.

Reactions: jananicmouli

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My OCI application package was delivered on Tuesday. When I checked the BLS website today, it says no record found. Does it take few days/a week for the status to update? I sent it via Purolator (not BLS).
Yes for them to open it and enter in the system if they don't find any issue.

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Can anyone plz provide the sequence of different status updates we should see on the BLS website as well as status update on the OCI services website. Thanks a million!!!
I am looking for this information as well.

Mine was a walkin application on 7th Aug in Toronto. On BLS site the status says "Processing at Consulate General" since the acknowledgement date.
On OCI site the status is "under process". Not sure when in the status change expected and what it is supposed to be

Jan 24, 2020
Hi, did you get your OCI card, I have the same date for Dispatched From MEA (OCI ), but no date for 'Document received At'

Hello friends,

I applied for my OCI application in Mississauga on 26-July. Below are the timelines displayed on OCI portal. It seems, the cards are not yet reached Toronto. How much time does it take to courier the cards from New Delhi to Toronto?

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn21-AUG-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn22-AUG-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Hi, did you get your OCI card, I have the same date for Dispatched From MEA (OCI ), but no date for 'Document received At'
I also dont see the "Document Received At" field populated, but on BLS site, I see status as "Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping".

I think it is time for me to visit the BLS office :) to collect the card

Reactions: dopelemon

Marie_Cute

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Anyone here with the issue of "No Acknowledgement" yet on OCI website and upon checking the status on the OCI website showing as "No record found" did receive their OCI card in hand.
My application as well as @AFSHANKHATOON is stuck on this status. If someone prior has faced this experience, can you please share with us how the application got processed? We will be really thankful to you.
Our applications were submitted in July and August months. Appreciate your response. Thanks.

Reactions: AFSHANKHATOON