+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
BLS website shows status "PROCESSING AT CONSULATE GENERAL". When i went to BLS center, they said its being processed. However OCI helpdesk at CGI responds back that they have not received any application from BLS.
On asking BLS as to where the application is stuck or lost or vanished, they told me that they have a second set of BLS people who are inside CGI to look at it before it goes to CGI. However it all still does not make sense to me because i submitted personally on July 19 and today is Sep 4 and CGI just emailed me 5 minutes back that they have not received any application from BLS.
No record on OCI site means consulate has not received your application. Have you thought of submitting a new one if your draft is not encashed.

@Marie_Cute - you still can wait for some more weeks.

Marie_Cute

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
No record on OCI site means consulate has not received your application. Have you thought of submitting a new one if your draft is not encashed.

@Marie_Cute - you still can wait for some more weeks.
To let you know my case, I have paid $100 in Premium for my application and still BLS messed it up. I will not pay again for sure.

Kman318

Mar 8, 2023
To let you know my case, I have paid $100 in Premium for my application and still BLS messed it up. I will not pay again for sure.
They were asking $60 from me when I missed something on form but I went again and did all by myself. I waited in line for 4-5 hours and got my turn after 2 days. But I think it was worth than paying them for doing nothing.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I haven't seen application disappearing before. It's a recent phenomena, also not impacting BLS Toronto or Ottawa. Very difficult to get both the parties (BLS, Consulate) together and get a proper answer.

Marie_Cute

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
I haven't seen application disappearing before. It's a recent phenomena, also not impacting BLS Toronto or Ottawa. Very difficult to get both the parties (BLS, Consulate) together and get a proper answer.
Very true. Getting both BLS and Consulate to answer is frustrating. This is a total waste of time and the pain it causes is a additional trouble ‍

akash001

Nov 16, 2020
Very true. Getting both BLS and Consulate to answer is frustrating. This is a total waste of time and the pain it causes is a additional trouble ‍
Hi

My application took a while i think about 15-18 days after submitting application before i could track it on oci tracking website. I was also getting "No record found" and "Processing at Consulate General".

I submitted my application at BLS Mississauga.

Reactions: Marie_Cute

Marie_Cute

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Hi

My application took a while i think about 15-18 days after submitting application before i could track it on oci tracking website. I was also getting "No record found" and "Processing at Consulate General".

I submitted my application at BLS Mississauga.
Thanks for your reply @akash001
15 to 18 days is still acceptable. Our applications have crossed more than 1 month now and so the worry.

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hello,
Just trying to check on the recent timelines. Can you please share how long Ottawa is taking recently for OCI Apps ? please comment if you have received your OCI in the last 1 month or so.

For all WAITING: Please share your progress, so it helps others.

My Timeline : OTTAWA ( I am not sure of any other status between below, i have taken this from the forum)
  1. Application submitted to BLS : Aug 14, 2024
  2. Date of Acknowledgement : Aug 16, 2024
  3. Document Printing Status:
  4. Dispatched from MEA:
  5. Document received at Toronto\Ottawa etc:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,
Just trying to check on the recent timelines. Can you please share how long Ottawa is taking recently for OCI Apps ? please comment if you have received your OCI in the last 1 month or so.

For all WAITING: Please share your progress, so it helps others.

My Timeline : OTTAWA ( I am not sure of any other status between below, i have taken this from the forum)
  1. Application submitted to BLS : Aug 14, 2024
  2. Date of Acknowledgement : Aug 16, 2024
  3. Document Printing Status:
  4. Dispatched from MEA:
  5. Document received at Toronto\Ottawa etc:
Its ~7 weeks from date of acknowledgement for Ottawa.

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hello,
@Marie_Cute , @AFSHANKHATOON

There is an update on my side. Since 20th August, I have been emailing BLS and Consulate General, CGI only applied once with one line reply “ we have not received this application from BLS yet”.
I was regularly emailing BLS customer care email at “cccanada@blsinternational.net” and for about 2 weeks no proper reply. Then I emailed again with all screenshots that I haven’t received any reply from BLS nor CGI. Then I received response from BLS Surrey location Postal application department, they shared a BLS tracking screen shot and told me that file is being processed at CGI already. I replied them that I also see the same but it is about OCI website that shows no records found. I somehow managed to do screen recording and shared with them that OCI website shows no record found.
They again replied that they will get in contact with CGI and will get back to me, on same day, CGI BLS people got back to me saying that nothing to worry and file is being processed at CGI, they had kept OCI desk in cc’ed about the conversation, and right after that email I was able to see the status on OCI as under-process and with acknowledgement date of 5th September,2024 keep in mind that BLS shows processing at Consulate General since 23 July.

This morning, I got a call from CGI Vancouver that file is being processed now and they will try to finish processing before end of this month.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need any further information.