+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Here's my timeline for my OCI application, but I'm curious why there haven't been any updates since the processing on September 7th.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Date Of Acknowledgment29-JUN-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI- Number****
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn07-SEP-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn
Weekend thing don't move. Also they move in batches.

8gorkha

Jun 19, 2017
My timeline for OCI application:

1. Application submitted to BLS Edmonton : Jun 17, 2024
  2. Date of Acknowledgement : Jun 25, 2024
  3. Document Printing Status: Processed on 03 Sept 2024
  4. Dispatched from MEA: on 03 Sept 2024
  5. Document received at : Vancouver on on 03 Sept 2024
BLS website tracking still shows 'Processing at consulate General'. I have opted for pickup at their office. will wait for a couple of more days to see if the status changes to 'Ready for pickup'. If not will walk-in into their office.
Any idea how much time it would take for the passports to reach BLS location. BLS tracking still says ‘Processing at the consulate’. I have a travel coming up in 2 weeks. Just wondering if BLS would force me to apply evisa.

8gorkha

Jun 19, 2017
Hi, my OCI application status changed today to "passport ready for collection after oci stamping". I submitted my application as walk in and my passport is with me.
Can someone help me understand if this means my OCI card is ready for collection?
Hello, Which location did you apply? And how much time it took from ‘received at consulate’ to ‘ready for pickup’?

Thank you !

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Any idea how much time it would take for the passports to reach BLS location. BLS tracking still says ‘Processing at the consulate’. I have a travel coming up in 2 weeks. Just wondering if BLS would force me to apply evisa.
You should have it by end of this week.

Reactions: 8gorkha

Incan07

Jan 20, 2023
Hello All,

Regarding OCI.

I have a travel plan in Jan 2025 (2nd week). I submitted my passport surrender application last Saturday, which is being processed by the consulate.
Please advise, if it is safe to apply and receive my OCI before my travel as the current timeline is around 02 months and 15 days for the Toronto area.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All,

Regarding OCI.

I have a travel plan in Jan 2025 (2nd week). I submitted my passport surrender application last Saturday, which is being processed by the consulate.
Please advise, if it is safe to apply and receive my OCI before my travel as the current timeline is around 02 months and 15 days for the Toronto area.
If your OCI doesn't arrive by your travel date, you always have the option of applying for an e-visa. While you will likely receive it in time for your trip, processing times can be unpredictable and may speed up or slow down for no apparent reason.

Incan07

Jan 20, 2023
If your OCI doesn't arrive by your travel date, you always have the option of applying for an e-visa. While you will likely receive it in time for your trip, processing times can be unpredictable and may speed up or slow down for no apparent reason.
Thanks for the reply, please advise. In case if no one is available to collect the OCI then is it returned to BLS or the consulate and how long they can keep it with them as we are planning to go to India for 02 months?

Panda2580

Sep 10, 2024
I have my daughter's OCI in progress, online on consulate general it says, printing processed on 2nd Sept, shipped from Delhi on 3rd September. BLS said they have not received it.

Online status does shows the OCI number, is that valid to travel or i still need to apply for E-visa?
If she travel on e-visa and then receive OCI while she is in India can she stay for longer then 180 days or need to leave within 180 days?
Do i need to book return ticket for my daughter to show at immigration if she is travelling on E-visa?

My travel date is 14th Sept., 2024.

Kman318

Mar 8, 2023
I have my daughter's OCI in progress, online on consulate general it says, printing processed on 2nd Sept, shipped from Delhi on 3rd September. BLS said they have not received it.

Online status does shows the OCI number, is that valid to travel or i still need to apply for E-visa?
If she travel on e-visa and then receive OCI while she is in India can she stay for longer then 180 days or need to leave within 180 days?
Do i need to book return ticket for my daughter to show at immigration if she is travelling on E-visa?

Where did u submit your application

torono24

May 3, 2023
My incomplete OCI timeline for BLS Toronto walk-in application
  1. Application submitted to BLS Toronto (walk-in): Sep 3, 2024
  2. Date of Acknowledgement : Sep 10, 2024
  3. Document Printing Status: PENDING
  4. Dispatched from MEA: PENDING
  5. Document received at Toronto: PENDING
If there's anyone with a similar starting timeline, please DM me so we can keep in touch during the process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

To travel, you need the booklet, as the OCI number alone does not provide sufficient details for airport or immigration verification. For adults, the FRRO is requiring an exit and re-entry with the OCI. However, they might be more sympathetic in the case of a child, so it's worth checking if they can assist with converting an e-visa to an OCI for the child.

pradeepadm2017

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2020
Date Of Acknowledgment 03-AUG-2024
Registration Status at Mission TORONTO
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 27-AUG-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On 29-AUG-2024
Document received At TORONTO On (no date)
Any updates on your file? My passport was dispatched on Sep5th from MEA (OCI) NEW DELHI

Kman318

Mar 8, 2023
My timeline for OCI application:

1. Application submitted to BLS Edmonton : Jun 17, 2024
  2. Date of Acknowledgement : Jun 25, 2024
  3. Document Printing Status: Processed on 03 Sept 2024
  4. Dispatched from MEA: on 03 Sept 2024
  5. Document received at : Vancouver on on 03 Sept 2024
BLS website tracking still shows 'Processing at consulate General'. I have opted for pickup at their office. will wait for a couple of more days to see if the status changes to 'Ready for pickup'. If not will walk-in into their office.
Did you receive your OCI?