+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Curious to know, Do they really print and send OCI from MEA New Delhi?

When CGI Toronto can print passport here, I feel this is inefficient because OCI also has similar type of printing requirement.

Canada_ka_bulawa

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Curious to know, Do they really print and send OCI from MEA New Delhi?

When CGI Toronto can print passport here, I feel this is inefficient because OCI also has similar type of printing requirement.
Yes. MEA deals with this for the most part including all the background checks etc.

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
Yes its Vancouver jurisdiction, been more than a month since received the Acknowledgement and since then, the status has been 'Under Process'.
I am still confused about what is the sequence of status on OCI and BLS websites.
My BLS status is "PROCESSING AT CGI"
My OCI status is "NO RECORD FOUND"

marat69

Jan 21, 2016
Hey Guys,
I'm in a bit of a peculiar situation. I'm in India currently and entered using eVisa (Tourist). Later on, I received my OCI which I had applied in Canada and couriered it at my Indian address. Now, when I am asking FRRO to register the OCI here , I'm told that it is not possible and I have to leave through eVisa only which is expiring next month. I can enter the country next time using OCI.
The only other option is to apply for "Entry Visa" if I intend to stay longer than 6 months. Anyone who can shed some light here who were in the same situation ...would be very helpful.
Thanks

marat69

Jan 21, 2016
Thanks, I will check with them. Since both parents are indians, it may be possible..let’s see.

In other scenario, can I apply OCI here in Canada and then get it delivered to India by a friend. And then change the status from evisa to OCI contacting FRRO?
Hi Harish, Did you get the change done from eVisa to OCI through FRRO?