+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

singh859d

Aug 19, 2024
Based on the Vancouver's timeline, you should see the application processed by end of this week and it should take another week to reach at your place.

Yes
Vancouver walkin
Date of application- June 12
Date of acknowledgment- June 15
Still shows under process.

what about yours?

singh859d

Aug 19, 2024
It is a edge case. For Toronto processing time is avg. 25 days and another 3-4 days to receive. For safer side you should get E-Visa.

Hi all,

We've applied for minor OCI,
Below is our timeline,
Dropped off at purolator 26th July
Bls application date 9th August
CGI acknowledgement date 14th August

Our tickets are booked for 13th Sept. Considering the number of holidays in August and September. Would we have to apply for an E-Visa or we may receive the OCI on time?

Any insight on current processing time is appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: evie2024

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Submitted OCI walk in Vancouver - 19 July 2024
Immediately BLS status update was UNDERPROCESS.
OCI enquiry status - NO RECORD FOUND
After numerous emails to OCI help desk at consulate and BLS along with uncountable calls to BLS customer service and visit to BLS Vancouver center, today finally BLS status got updated to "Processing at Consulate General".
However, there is no acknowledgement yet from OCI enquiry.
Do you know how i can contact CGI? Online it says i can only take an appointment with them for NRI or birth certificates.
BLS is not responding to any issues with the status update on ociservices website. They say they are responsible for only the BLS website.
Any form of advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
I have applied via postal on 12 July, since 23 July on BLS website it shows processing at consulate general. Upon checking on OCI status inquiry, still shows no record found, anyone else faced same issue.?

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
I have applied via postal on 12 July, since 23 July on BLS website it shows processing at consulate general. Upon checking on OCI status inquiry, still shows no record found, anyone else faced same issue.?
If you have applied at Vancouver, i have noted that BLS call center is not able to say anything more than the status on BLS website. I walked into the Vancouver BLS center and they cannot do anything about the status update on the OCI services website. On emailing OCI section of CGI, they are simply reverting back with one line that they have not received the application. It seems more of an automated message since it shows NO RECORD FOUND.

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
If you have applied at Vancouver, i have noted that BLS call center is not able to say anything more than the status on BLS website. I walked into the Vancouver BLS center and they cannot do anything about the status update on the OCI services website. On emailing OCI section of CGI, they are simply reverting back with one line that they have not received the application. It seems more of an automated message since it shows NO RECORD FOUND.
Yeah, I have emailed CGI Vancouver today, let’s see what they replay. It’s very unusual that BLS website says it’s processing at Consulate General and no records found on OCI. Any experts from the group have any insight.?

Canada_ka_bulawa

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi,
I need help!

I have OCI number ONLY from tracking.
Can I enter India with that number? N later someone can courier the card?? My flight is on Aug 27.
Any updates did your OCI document land in Toronto? Since you have an urgency. I am still waiting for mine to land in BLS Missisauga - most likely this week (fingers crossed)

Jul 9, 2024
"Has anyone recently visited the BLS Mississauga location for OCI collection between 3:30 and 5:00? How busy was it, and how many people were in line?"