+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys I recently became a Canadian citizen and I am in the process of applying e-visa for myself as I might need to travel soon and can't wait for OCI. There are a couple of questions in the application process which I need clarification and directions from people who have applied before.

1) Under Previous Visa/ Current Visa Details there is a question as "Have you ever travelled to India Yes/No": Should I answer it as NO since I have not travelled to India with Canadian passport? Reason is if I select Yes its asking for previous visa details.

2) Counties visited in the last 10 Years: Should I list all the countries which I travelled under Indian passport? After getting my Canadian passport I have not done any travel and this will be my first.
Details you need to give after you got Canadian passport.

Anchalkakroo

Aug 23, 2018
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-08-2018
Doc's Request.
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
19-08-2018
Med's Done....
09-09-2018
OCI Update

Hi everyone. sharing my wife's OCI timeline so far:
Postal Application
BLS Toronto
Application submitted to BLS : July 5, 2024
Date of Acknowledgement : July 10, 2024
Document Printing Status: Processed on August 2, 2024
Dispatched from MEA: August 05, 2024
Document received at Toronto: August 13, 2024
OCI delivered to home: August 14, 2024

As far as my OCI application goes

Postal Application
BLS Toronto
Application submitted to BLS : July 25, 2024
Date of Acknowledgement : July 31, 2024
OCI application status: Under Process.

Question: Wife's visible identification is incorrect on OCI. I accidently wrote Birthmark on Right Hand Wrist instead of Left Hand wrist. Should i get the detail corrected? i called BLS and they said no need to update but i am not sure if this will cause issue at the time of travel. Also my home address in going to change in 3 months. Again BLS agent said no need to update address but i wanted to knwo what does the group think ?

Thanks

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hello, my applixation was received on Aug 9th at BLS brampton but no updates after that or email of acknowledgement. Is this normal?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
OCI Update

Hi everyone. sharing my wife's OCI timeline so far:
Postal Application
BLS Toronto
Application submitted to BLS : July 5, 2024
Date of Acknowledgement : July 10, 2024
Document Printing Status: Processed on August 2, 2024
Dispatched from MEA: August 05, 2024
Document received at Toronto: August 13, 2024
OCI delivered to home: August 14, 2024

As far as my OCI application goes

Postal Application
BLS Toronto
Application submitted to BLS : July 25, 2024
Date of Acknowledgement : July 31, 2024
OCI application status: Under Process.

Question: Wife's visible identification is incorrect on OCI. I accidently wrote Birthmark on Right Hand Wrist instead of Left Hand wrist. Should i get the detail corrected? i called BLS and they said no need to update but i am not sure if this will cause issue at the time of travel. Also my home address in going to change in 3 months. Again BLS agent said no need to update address but i wanted to knwo what does the group think ?

Thanks
No need. They don't check all this during travel. Just that Canadian passport (name,pic) should match with OCI.

Reactions: Anchalkakroo

natureboy007

Aug 15, 2024
Hey Guys, I applied for OCI on May 30, 2024 - Wife and Son have got there last week.

Mine is still showing under Process. Any timeline when do you think it will be approved? I have emailed them twice and got no response. Is there a phone number I can call to get the updated status, or to find out whats taking so long? I submitted at the Surrey BC Office.

Thanks
Any ideas how to contact them? I emailed twice with no reply.

vabishek17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am in the processing of uploading documents for fresh OCI applications? Do I need to take printout of documents and self-attest them before uploading online or is self-attestation needed only for hard copies submitted along with application?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am in the processing of uploading documents for fresh OCI applications? Do I need to take printout of documents and self-attest them before uploading online or is self-attestation needed only for hard copies submitted along with application?
Self attestation is only for document to be submitted at BLS.

Reactions: vabishek17

evie2024

Aug 16, 2024
Hi all,

We've applied for minor OCI,
Below is our timeline,
Dropped off at purolator 26th July
Bls application date 9th August
CGI acknowledgement date 14th August

Our tickets are booked for 13th Sept. Considering the number of holidays in August and September. Would we have to apply for an E-Visa or we may receive the OCI on time?

Any insight on current processing time is appreciated. Thanks.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all,

We've applied for minor OCI,
Below is our timeline,
Dropped off at purolator 26th July
Bls application date 9th August
CGI acknowledgement date 14th August

Our tickets are booked for 13th Sept. Considering the number of holidays in August and September. Would we have to apply for an E-Visa or we may receive the OCI on time?

Any insight on current processing time is appreciated. Thanks.
Which BLS jurisdiction? Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver ?
Toronto is faster of the three jurisdiction
8 weeks from the time BLS starts processing your application.
If I assume you submitted in Toronto jurisdiction, then usually it takes about 30 days from date of acknowledgement (on the OCI website) to receive the card in hand.