+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Canada_ka_bulawa

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Mine timeline is exactly the same. My flight is on Aug 27. I am worried if i will get it by then.
You have to be super super lucky to get your OCI in hand. I am just spitballing here a bit - your/mine OCI (since our processing timelines are same) OCI card should arrive at BLS on 22-23 Aug. You may want to run to BLS that day and pick it up else they take about 2 days to hand things over to Purolator and our OCI might be in hand on 25th Aug. I am just guessing here- assuming a huge luck factor that there are no major delays or roadblocks anywhere

Reactions: Sukhminder pal kaur

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
OCI Submitted, Online Uploaded Documents question : So, we have submitted our kids OCI applications yesterday in Ottawa ( Walk-In). Though we submitted copy of Parents Address proof in person ( Drivers Licenses), looks like we didnt upload them online (you know there was no option as such, and we missed to combine them with other Docs).

Question : Do they consider uploaded docs or paper copy to process OCI and would this delay and\or would BLS reach out to us to upload PARENTS Address proof again ?

Any similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Note : As i mentioned we have already submitted our OCI app in person.
I did not upload proof of address as that is not a requirement to upload.

Only documents I uploaded was kid's passport, my employment letter, my cancelled Indian passport, kid's birth certificate (as relationship cert).

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Update on my OCI, below are the timelines
Date Of Acknowledgment25-JUL-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn16-AUG-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Applied OCI on 22/07/2024
text message on 22/07/2024 - Application has been processed at BLS center
text message on 23/07/2024 - Your application is under decisioning at consulate
BLS Tracking status - Processing at Consulate General
OCI Acknowledgement - 25/07/2024
OCI Status - Under Process

Nsm86

Feb 8, 2019
Hi, my Oci application date of acknowledgement is Aug 1st. Applied in Vancouver. I am planning to travel to India mid of October. Can someone please share some light on the current processing time in Vancouver?.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hi, my Oci application date of acknowledgement is Aug 1st. Applied in Vancouver. I am planning to travel to India mid of October. Can someone please share some light on the current processing time in Vancouver?.
What jurisdiction? Is it Vancouver? If yes, then you are looking at ~ 12 weeks/3 months.
Read the posts in this thread before posting bro....

Reactions: Nsm86

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Update on minor OCI:

Date Of Acknowledgment13-JUL-2024
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn05-AUG-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn07-AUG-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn13-AUG-2024

BLS website updated to: (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
Received OCI this morning for Minor! All done with BLS now for 20 years!!!!!!!!

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hi guys I am trying to fill the online form for new OCI, I have a questions regarding the
Relationship with Root Indian-
Can I use SELF ?

any input/clarity appreciated, my appointment is on 26 Aug Vancouver Mission
Thnx
What do you mean? Isn't that how you are eligible for OCI with surrendered Indian passport?

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I did not upload proof of address as that is not a requirement to upload.

Only documents I uploaded was kid's passport, my employment letter, my cancelled Indian passport, kid's birth certificate (as relationship cert).
Thanks bro , honestly the drop down should show only required options for adults or kids. Example - why would they need our employment verification for minor ? When I went through the forums , people upload many different docs as it was not clear.

kirkir

Jun 26, 2024
Hi,
I need help!

I have OCI number ONLY from tracking.
Can I enter India with that number? N later someone can courier the card?? My flight is on Aug 27.

Just be aware that BLS tracking sometimes are up to date than the OCI website. Mine was still showing as Dispatched from EMA new Delhi while the BLS website already updated to ready for collection. It took around a week to get the status on OCI website to update as received at toronto.

So keep tracking on both

Reactions: Sukhminder pal kaur

beckhsrules

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys I recently became a Canadian citizen and I am in the process of applying e-visa for myself as I might need to travel soon and can't wait for OCI. There are a couple of questions in the application process which I need clarification and directions from people who have applied before.

1) Under Previous Visa/ Current Visa Details there is a question as "Have you ever travelled to India Yes/No": Should I answer it as NO since I have not travelled to India with Canadian passport? Reason is if I select Yes its asking for previous visa details.

2) Counties visited in the last 10 Years: Should I list all the countries which I travelled under Indian passport? After getting my Canadian passport I have not done any travel and this will be my first.