+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Marie_Cute

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Submitted OCI walk in Vancouver - 19 July 2024
Immediately BLS status update was UNDERPROCESS.
OCI enquiry status - NO RECORD FOUND
After numerous emails to OCI help desk at consulate and BLS along with uncountable calls to BLS customer service and visit to BLS Vancouver center, today finally BLS status got updated to "Processing at Consulate General".
However, there is no acknowledgement yet from OCI enquiry.
Do you know how i can contact CGI? Online it says i can only take an appointment with them for NRI or birth certificates.
BLS is not responding to any issues with the status update on ociservices website. They say they are responsible for only the BLS website.
Any form of advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
What time did you visit the Vancouver center? Do they entertain you after submission for any application related questions? Can you please reply back. Thanks

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
What time did you visit the Vancouver center? Do they entertain you after submission for any application related questions? Can you please reply back. Thanks
I do not know if they really entertain queries after application. However, i visited on a saturday and guess people dont know about its working on saturday so the line was not long. I reached at 7am and there were 8 people in front of me in the queue. However on a weekday, people start queuing up as early as 5 am. BLS opens at 8 am. If you arrived at 8, it should not be a problem. You just have to explain to the security guard in detail and he wont send you to the waiting room. Once an officer is free within a few minutes, they will respond to you. When i went, they just pacified me and told me to directly email them if i had issues. The executive told me that there was no issue with my application and maybe someone at CGI forgot to update the status. She just assured me everything was fine and i left because there was no satisfying answer. For 3 weeks, everyday i have been calling customer center and repeatedly emailing CGI and BLS to finally get an update on BLS that my application is being processed at CGI. However, there is no update on OCI site yet. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Marie_Cute

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
I do not know if they really entertain queries after application. However, i visited on a saturday and guess people dont know about its working on saturday so the line was not long. I reached at 7am and there were 8 people in front of me in the queue. However on a weekday, people start queuing up as early as 5 am. BLS opens at 8 am. If you arrived at 8, it should not be a problem. You just have to explain to the security guard in detail and he wont send you to the waiting room. Once an officer is free within a few minutes, they will respond to you. When i went, they just pacified me and told me to directly email them if i had issues. The executive told me that there was no issue with my application and maybe someone at CGI forgot to update the status. She just assured me everything was fine and i left because there was no satisfying answer. For 3 weeks, everyday i have been calling customer center and repeatedly emailing CGI and BLS to finally get an update on BLS that my application is being processed at CGI. However, there is no update on OCI site yet. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you share the email address to contact BLS? My son's application is submitted since 10 days and it is still at BLS. My and my husband's application is processing at the consulate?

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you share the email address to contact BLS? My son's application is submitted since 10 days and it is still at BLS. My and my husband's application is processing at the consulate?
cccanada@blsinternational.net (BLS customer service)
oci.vancouver@mea.gov.in (OCI helpdesk at CGI)
vancouver@blsinternational.net (Vancouver BLS center)
778-652-4855 (BLS Customer service)

I have emailed all of them multiple times for formality. BLS customer service email sends back the same reply that they have escalated and i should hear back in 24-28 hours but i never hear back from them.
OCI helpdesk always emails back that they have not received my application because OCI services website shows NO RECORD FOUND.
Vancouver BLS center asked me to email them with queries instead of taking the pain to walk in to the center but they never respond to emails.
Call center executives only reply back with the same status that we see on the BLS website. On questioning them more, they say we have taken your information and will forward it to Vancouver BLS center. And apparently Vancouver BLS center never responds to the emails that the BLS customer service sends to them. I had to argue multiple times on call demanding that i want to talk to a supervisor. There was an agent Rashmi who i was able to get in touch with at 8 am PST yesterday and she solved my issue. She said that i could call back and ask for her if there was no status update 24 hours later. So you could give it a try and ask for her to help you out.
All the best!

Marie_Cute

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021

I have emailed all of them multiple times for formality. BLS customer service email sends back the same reply that they have escalated and i should hear back in 24-28 hours but i never hear back from them.
OCI helpdesk always emails back that they have not received my application because OCI services website shows NO RECORD FOUND.
Vancouver BLS center asked me to email them with queries instead of taking the pain to walk in to the center but they never respond to emails.
Call center executives only reply back with the same status that we see on the BLS website. On questioning them more, they say we have taken your information and will forward it to Vancouver BLS center. And apparently Vancouver BLS center never responds to the emails that the BLS customer service sends to them. I had to argue multiple times on call demanding that i want to talk to a supervisor. There was an agent Rashmi who i was able to get in touch with at 8 am PST yesterday and she solved my issue. She said that i could call back and ask for her if there was no status update 24 hours later. So you could give it a try and ask for her to help you out.
All the best!

I can understand your pain. This is really frustrating and time consuming part of our life. You are the first person responding to quickly. I thank you for your time and patience. Hope your issue gets resolved quickly. I am going to visit BLS Vancouver today after 3pm and keeping my mindset ready that they will send me back. Fingers crossed. Meanwhile I am also going to email them about my son's application update.

Reactions: AFSHANKHATOON

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
I can understand your pain. This is really frustrating and time consuming part of our life. You are the first person responding to quickly. I thank you for your time and patience. Hope your issue gets resolved quickly. I am going to visit BLS Vancouver today after 3pm and keeping my mindset ready that they will send me back. Fingers crossed. Meanwhile I am also going to email them about my son's application update.
Afternoon hours at BLS are for pickup. You may not find an executive to reply to you. Better go in morning hours between 8-11 am. Thank you ! i hope i can be of some help.

natureboy007

Aug 15, 2024
I feel the same pain, Submitted application on May 19, Wife and son received there's. And mine been stuck under processing for the last 6 weeks.

Have sent them 8-9 emails - No Replies

Will try calling them tomorrow.

All the best!

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
My application was delivered to BLS surrey on 12 July, shows processing at Consulate General since 23 July but no luck of tracking on OCI website. I emailed CGI help desk yesterday and they replied with one line response “ Dear Sir,We have not received this application from BLS yet.”. On BLS website it shows that processing at Consulate General since 23 July,

reached out to BLS and agent said that they forwarded application to consulate on 23 July. I am so frustrated at this point, no one is giving proper answers, what should I do guys.? Email BLS customer service, but no response yet.

Please reply

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
My application was delivered to BLS surrey on 12 July, shows processing at Consulate General since 23 July but no luck of tracking on OCI website. I emailed CGI help desk yesterday and they replied with one line response “ Dear Sir,We have not received this application from BLS yet.”. On BLS website it shows that processing at Consulate General since 23 July,

reached out to BLS and agent said that they forwarded application to consulate on 23 July. I am so frustrated at this point, no one is giving proper answers, what should I do guys.? Email BLS customer service, but no response yet.

Please reply
I totally understand your frustration. None of the emails or calls are any help. Unfortunately, there is no way that we can personally go to CGI and inquire.