+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

marat69

Jan 21, 2016
Hey Guys,
I'm in a bit of a peculiar situation. I'm in India currently and entered using eVisa (Tourist). Later on, I received my OCI which I had applied in Canada and couriered it at my Indian address. Now, when I am asking FRRO to register the OCI here , I'm told that it is not possible and I have to leave through eVisa only which is expiring next month. I can enter the country next time using OCI.
The only other option is to apply for "Entry Visa" if I intend to stay longer than 6 months. Anyone who can shed some light here who were in the same situation ...would be very helpful.
Thanks
@abbas.pasha @forw.jane @adstarscream732 - Guys could you provide your feedback here ?

Kman318

Mar 8, 2023
Anyone applied recently OCI in Vancouver. Please share your timeline and experience and how long it take for Vancouver office to process the application from start to end. Thanks
Applied at Surrey BLS( Walk in) on July 4
Acknowledgement: 11 July
Since then Under Process and I am travelling on Oct 14.. worried now

DevvP

May 18, 2018
Date Of Acknowledgment 14-JUN-2024

Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER

OCI Application Status UNDER-PROCESS

Hopefully it gets processed this week. Flying on September 15

DevvP

May 18, 2018
Anyone applied recently OCI in Vancouver. Please share your timeline and experience and how long it take for Vancouver office to process the application from start to end. Thanks

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I have got my OCI in hand today on Aug 22.
Did u get urs??
What did I tell you, you will get it this Friday. Well, turned out to be Thursday :D
Nope they have not dispatched the OCI yet. Wrote them an email -

:(
Waiting Waiting Waiting
Dear Applicant,

Your OCI card will be dispatched by tomorrow.
And the tracking number will be updated on the BLS Site.

Regards,
BLS Mississauga
Yours will come tomorrow! I guess BLS Mississauga has a set date for dispatching OCI on Thursday which arrives on Friday - that's what happened to my 3 oci applications.

dopelemon

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
It's been taking around 70 days from the date of ack (from past applicants) for the application to be processed + delivery to courier time.
Hope you get it before your travels!

Reactions: DevvP

Kman318

Mar 8, 2023
It's been taking around 70 days from the date of ack (from past applicants) for the application to be processed + delivery to courier time.
Hope you get it before your travels!
Any idea how long visa for India is taking (paper application)? I am not sure if I can get e-visa as I am federal govt employee