+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Postal application sent to BLS Brampton on June 25th,2024.

Below Is my timeline.

Date Of Acknowledgment08-JUL-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn31-JUL-2024

Quick question when can I expect it to be delivered, any guess? I will be traveling to India on the 17th. Is there a way to speed up the delivery?

Thanks.

reddyar72

Feb 22, 2024
Not sure which one will work...

> For BLS, will try https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/contact.php
> For the consulate https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/enquiry.php?sid=4

Found this in the consulate's FAQs - "The normal processing time for an OCI application under new and Miscellaneous is atleast 8 weeks after it is acknowledged at the Consulate."

So they are only likely to reply to Application Status type mails after 8 weeks. I guess then it the mail is for shortcoming of the service instead of just application status.

Jfyi.. no change in current status, still no update of the docs being received at Toronto center.

Thanks

Dispatched same time.. not received yet...!!! spoke to BLS .. they said, its at Indian Embassy toronto in processing.. !! strange...!!

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Postal application sent to BLS Brampton on June 25th,2024.

Below Is my timeline.

Date Of Acknowledgment08-JUL-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn31-JUL-2024

Quick question when can I expect it to be delivered, any guess? I will be traveling to India on the 17th. Is there a way to speed up the delivery?

Thanks.
So this is the expected timeline for Toronto mission
* Date of Print status - Date of dispatch from MEA —> 1-3 days
* Date of dispatch from MEA - Delivered to Toronto —> 7-12 days
* If you are picking up then you can do it once BLS inform the same
* if you have opted for courier service another 1-3 days

You cant interfere with the MEA process and their delivery to Toronto/Brampton. Try to do a inperson pickup from BLS.
Call BLS and request for a pickup instead of courier as you wont be available at the postal address for an extended period, and no one to receive the OCI card on your behalf.

I believe you have got your eVisa to travel to India.
If you are waiting on your OCI card for entry in India, you are cutting it too close.

Last edited:

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
So this is the expected timeline for Toronto mission
* Date of Print status - Date of dispatch from MEA —> 1-3 days
* Date of dispatch from MEA - Delivered to Toronto —> 7-12 days
* If you are picking up then you can do it once BLS inform the same
* if you have opted for courier service another 1-3 days

You cant interfere with the MEA process and their delivery to Toronto/Brampton. Try to do a inperson pickup from BLS.
Call BLS and request for a pickup instead of courier as you wont be available at the postal address for an extended period, and no one to receive the OCI card on your behalf.

I believe you have got your eVisa to travel to India.
If you are waiting on your OCI card for entry in India, you are cutting it too close.
Thank you for providing such a detailed timeline of when to expect the OCI.

I don't live anywhere near southern Ontario so I cannot do a pick up but in my absence someone can collect my OCI and Sure I will not waste the time and apply for e-visa.

Reactions: BeerBeem

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
Thanks, seems something specific to 8th July dispatch.

Hope it sorts out soon enough.
I called BLS yesterday same response that it's processing at Consulate.They said processing time is 8 weeks from Acknowledgement.
Hope we get out OCI soon.Keep us poster if any update.Thanks!

Reactions: dhruvd

Shubh1997

Aug 4, 2018
Application Date: 12 June 2024
Date of acknowledgment: 15 June 2024

status still showing under process.
anyone in the same timeline?

Gavin0222

Jul 30, 2024
Any idea when do they open the oci postal applications ? It reached them on 24 july , 2024 and still there is no update. It just shows the generic automated email

dopelemon

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi all, I just started with my OCI journey today. Wanted to post my timeline so folks applying in the same time-frame can also follow.

Walk-in BLS Vancouver

I'll update as and when I receive anything. This is from the BLS site:

Application Date2024-07-31
Application Statusunderprocess

It will be really helpful to understand what to expect next, in-terms of communication or updates from either BLS or CGI.

Thanks!

albasa

Sep 19, 2014
Is it compulsory to submit my spouse's passport? My spouse recently obtained citizenship and hasn't received her Canadian passport yet. With my OCI appointment in two days, can I submit her citizenship certificate in place of the passport?

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Any idea when do they open the oci postal applications ? It reached them on 24 july , 2024 and still there is no update. It just shows the generic automated email
BLS takes about a week to start working( BLS software creating record ) on postal applications even if it's delivered at BLS.

Reactions: Gavin0222

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Is it compulsory to submit my spouse's passport? My spouse recently obtained citizenship and hasn't received her Canadian passport yet. With my OCI appointment in two days, can I submit her citizenship certificate in place of the passport?
It is safe to add spouse current passport and cancelled Indian passport with your application and also have it uploaded on the OCI website. The Toronto checklist asks for it so I am going to say yes it is mandatory.