+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
You should call BLS, it does not take so many days.
I just called BLS and they said that since it shows "underprocess" it means BLS is still verifying your documents. Customer representative just asked me to call back next week to check on status. She was not responding to my query about the "no record found". Any advice?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I just called BLS and they said that since it shows "underprocess" it means BLS is still verifying your documents. Customer representative just asked me to call back next week to check on status. She was not responding to my query about the "no record found". Any advice?
It means your application is still at BLS and they haven't sent it to CGI/HCI yet.

• Wow
Reactions: AFSHANKHATOON

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
In-person verification is done at the counter. There is nothing for BLS to check after that. Vancouver, Ottawa do quick submission to CGI/HCI, so it's weird they still holding your doc with BLS.

Reactions: adstarscream732

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
In-person verification is done at the counter. There is nothing for BLS to check after that. Vancouver, Ottawa do quick submission to CGI/HCI, so it's weird they still holding your doc with BLS.
I
I called back customer service and the agent this time told me that they have their own portal and on that she can see that the package is enroute to consulate and they should have received package today. I hope what she says is correct. She also mentioned that the general time taken at BLS Vancouver is 6-7 weeks. Thank you for replying.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
I
I called back customer service and the agent this time told me that they have their own portal and on that she can see that the package is enroute to consulate and they should have received package today. I hope what she says is correct. She also mentioned that the general time taken at BLS Vancouver is 6-7 weeks. Thank you for replying.
If it reached CGI/HCI today then you should see Date of Ack by next week.

pvivek5828

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied for OCI via postal at Surrey location, package was delivered on 12 July, and went under process on 23 July, current status on BLS website shows processing at Consulate General since Thursday 26 July, upon checking on OCI status enquiry, it shows no such record found. Just wondering; how long does it take to show up on OCI status inquiry website.
Thanks for your reply

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I applied for OCI via postal at Surrey location, package was delivered on 12 July, and went under process on 23 July, current status on BLS website shows processing at Consulate General since Thursday 26 July, upon checking on OCI status enquiry, it shows no such record found. Just wondering; how long does it take to show up on OCI status inquiry website.
Thanks for your reply
Generally within a week but based on @AFSHANKHATOON experience it is taking more time.

Saabi

Jul 18, 2024
OCI Timeline:

Type of application: Walk-in
BLS Location: Surrey, BC
Date of Submission: July 25, 2024
Text message:Your application has been processed on July 25
Text message: Application is under decisioning at Consulate on July 27
Date Of Acknowledgment27-JUL-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
Hey can you please tell me how long were the waiting times at surrey bls. I am going apply for my oci this week.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your reply
20+ days on the OCI website after BLS tracker shows processing at CGI

nsatyagl

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
canada
OCI Timeline
Application Date:-june 28, 2024
Sent to consulate:-june 28, 2024
Processing at Consulate General

Last edited:

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Update (BLS Mississauga inperson appt 28 June):
2 adult OCI
Date Of Acknowledgment05-JUL-2024
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Minor OCI Date of Ack is 13-July-2024 so hopefully there will be an update next week.
Update:

Date Of Acknowledgment 05-JUL-2024
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn30-JUL-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Gavin0222

Jul 30, 2024
Hi everyone

i sent in my OCI postal application on 23 july , 2024 and bls surrey received it on 24 july. When can I expect an update on the bls website

Secondly due to some emergency, i have to leave Canada for about 6 months on an E-visa.

is there any way i get to know that my OCI application is accepted and there are no errors on my application so that i don’t have to worry about it back home and come again to canada to fix the errors ?

thirdly if my application is accepted can i ask my friend to courier my OCI to india or a friend/relative can bring it along with him and hand it over to me in India ? On receipt of OCI can i exit india with a evisa and enter a nearby country lets say dubai , UAE for 2-4 days and enter India again with the OCI and mark my entry as an OCI instead of the EVISA

Any suggestions would help

thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone

i sent in my OCI postal application on 23 july , 2024 and bls surrey received it on 24 july. When can I expect an update on the bls website

Secondly due to some emergency, i have to leave Canada for about 6 months on an E-visa.

is there any way i get to know that my OCI application is accepted and there are no errors on my application so that i don’t have to worry about it back home and come again to canada to fix the errors ?

thirdly if my application is accepted can i ask my friend to courier my OCI to india or a friend/relative can bring it along with him and hand it over to me in India ? On receipt of OCI can i exit india with a evisa and enter a nearby country lets say dubai , UAE for 2-4 days and enter India again with the OCI and mark my entry as an OCI instead of the EVISA

Any suggestions would help

thank you
It will take 2-3 weeks for you to know if things are good with your application i.e. It should pop on the OCI enquiry site.

If your friend/relative can get your OCI to you in India, contact FRRO and change your status from e-visa to OCI(A grey area). Alternatively exit and entry is also possible. But if you can do it without leaving India it would save you money and time.