Text message: Application is under decisioning at Consulate on July 27
Date Of Acknowledgment27-JUL-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Reactions: Saabi

MS. Subash

Jul 27, 2024
Hello,

I am planning to apply for OCI for my child, who was born in the USA. I have obtained her birth certificate, which has been apostilled in New York. Should I submit the original apostilled birth certificate or a copy of it? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

dhruvd

Apr 16, 2019
What's the email address for Enquiry?
Please keep me posted.Thanks
Not sure which one will work...

> For BLS, will try https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/contact.php
> For the consulate https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/enquiry.php?sid=4

Found this in the consulate's FAQs - "The normal processing time for an OCI application under new and Miscellaneous is atleast 8 weeks after it is acknowledged at the Consulate."

So they are only likely to reply to Application Status type mails after 8 weeks. I guess then it the mail is for shortcoming of the service instead of just application status.

Jfyi.. no change in current status, still no update of the docs being received at Toronto center.

Thanks

Darsh007

May 1, 2018
Currently, in the process of converting e-visa to entry visa and for a child in the FRRO portal.(later to apply oci)

For the "Residence Proof"- have an electricity bill but that is not on the name of the father but late grandfathers name. The whole family is still jointly living together. Should be good to submit this as the proof or what are the other options to suffice this requirement.

Thanks in advance!

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
OCI Timeline:

Type of application: Walk-in
BLS Location: Surrey, BC
Date of Submission: July 25, 2024
Text message:Your application has been processed on July 25
Text message: Application is under decisioning at Consulate on July 27
Date Of Acknowledgment27-JUL-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
Hi, I submitted oci application for one adult at Vancouver BLS (walk-in) on July 19, 2024. I did not receive any text message or email notification. Also, when i check on BLS website, it shows "underprocess" but on OCI website, it shows "no record found". Did you receive email or text for acknowledgement? What status update did you see on the OCI website? I am really worried. Can you please reply. Thanks.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, I submitted oci application for one adult at Vancouver BLS (walk-in) on July 19, 2024. I did not receive any text message or email notification. Also, when i check on BLS website, it shows "underprocess" but on OCI website, it shows "no record found". Did you receive email or text for acknowledgement? What status update did you see on the OCI website? I am really worried. Can you please reply. Thanks.
Are you putting the right details on OCI site like Canadian passport no and File reference no starting with CAN ?

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
Are you putting the right details on OCI site like Canadian passport no and File reference no starting with CAN ?
Yes i am copying and putting the exact ones from the BLS website. How long should i wait before i can contact BLS to ask? Would BLS be the right place to call or is there some other number or email to contact for inquiry? Thanks for replying !

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes i am copying and putting the exact ones from the BLS website. How long should i wait before i can contact BLS to ask? Would BLS be the right place to call or is there some other number or email to contact for inquiry? Thanks for replying !
You should call BLS, it does not take so many days.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Update (BLS Mississauga inperson appt 28 June):
2 adult OCI
Date Of Acknowledgment05-JUL-2024
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Minor OCI Date of Ack is 13-July-2024 so hopefully there will be an update next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeerBeem

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Update from Toronto..
In person appointment at BLS Toronto on 28 - June - 2024
Date Of Acknowledgment 05-JUL-2024
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Reactions: adstarscream732