+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

bet365

Apr 13, 2024
How long does it take to have OCI dispatched? My application was processed on July23 and it hasn't been dispatched yet.

VicR56

Jun 24, 2024
How long does it take to have OCI dispatched? My application was processed on July23 and it hasn't been dispatched yet.
Two of my applications (daughter and me) were processed on 22 July and dispatched the next day.
The remaining two (wife and son) were processed on 23 July but haven't been dispatched yet.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Applied OCI on 22/07/2024
text message on 22/07/2024 - Application has been processed at BLS center
text message on 23/07/2024 - Your application is under decisioning at consulate
BLS Tracking status - Processing at Consulate General

Is the text message above is an acknowledgement? And what would be the next set of statuses I can expect from here on?
Applied OCI on 22/07/2024
text message on 22/07/2024 - Application has been processed at BLS center
text message on 23/07/2024 - Your application is under decisioning at consulate
BLS Tracking status - Processing at Consulate General
OCI Acknowledgement - 25/07/2024
OCI Status - Under Process

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
To give an estimate of timeline to applicants at Ottawa center, it is indeed ~7 weeks now for the processing. My acknowledge date was June 10th, processed on July 26th. Now waiting for dispatch from MEA Delhi, and next steps. Not sure how long the remaining part takes. I can update once I receive them. This forum is indeed very helpful. Thank you.
The remaining can also take quite some time.
In my case, they took 4 days to dispatch and received at Ottawa in another 3 days (which was yesterday even though the date is of today, since they show all updates in IST).
BLS updates still read- Processing at High Commission.
I would presume it's a total of 10-15 days more since it reads 'processed' on the OCI status link.

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
I submitted application at Vancouver on July 19, 2024. Should i expect an acknowledgement SMS or would it be an email? When should i expect that? I still see "no records found" on OCI website and "underprocess" on BLS website. Thanks for replying!

RK29

Nov 29, 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment25-JUN-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn16-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn18-JUL-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn26-JUL-2024

Reactions: stscorcher
Aug 17, 2020
Good day, I have a query for Minor OCI submission. I understand we have to upload the infant left thumb impression on the online portal and at the signature line on the BLS checklist. I am trying to understand the correct way of self attesting the supporting documents; should both parents sign each document, upload and then submit to BLS or should it have both parents signature + the infant thumb impression on every supporting document? Want to do the correct thing and avoid any confusion. Thanks in advance for all the help.

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Good day, I have a query for Minor OCI submission. I understand we have to upload the infant left thumb impression on the online portal and at the signature line on the BLS checklist. I am trying to understand the correct way of self attesting the supporting documents; should both parents sign each document, upload and then submit to BLS or should it have both parents signature + the infant thumb impression on every supporting document? Want to do the correct thing and avoid any confusion. Thanks in advance for all the help.
Thumb impression not required for self attestation and only self attest on your documents and let the other parent self attest their documents.

bet365

Apr 13, 2024
Two of my applications (daughter and me) were processed on 22 July and dispatched the next day.
The remaining two (wife and son) were processed on 23 July but haven't been dispatched yet.
Ok thanks, let me know when your July 23 ones get dispatched. I'll keep posted as well.