Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
I have a silly question. When I search for the checklist for OCI at BLs website it now shows something that is more of a guide than the checklist that was there before (the one where you ticked stuff that you included).
do I need to include that guide with the application and tick on it? Or should I still include the old checklist with the application?

Document required and everything seems to be same it is just a different format. Sending a postal application so just wanted to make sure before sending. Please guide.

Anchalkakroo

Aug 23, 2018
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-08-2018
Doc's Request.
10-09-2018
AOR Received.
19-08-2018
Med's Done....
09-09-2018
Hi everyone. sharing my wife's OCI timeline so far:

Postal Application
BLS Toronto
Application submitted to BLS : July 5, 2024
Date of Acknowledgement : July 10, 2024
Document Printing Status: Processed on August 2, 2024
Dispatched from MEA: no date yet
Document received at Toronto: no Date Yet

As far as my OCI application goes

Postal Application
BLS Toronto
Application submitted to BLS : July 25, 2024
Date of Acknowledgement : July 31, 2024
OCI application status: Under Process.

Question: Normally what is the timeline to receive OCI once Printing status is changed to processed

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone. sharing my wife's OCI timeline so far:

Postal Application
BLS Toronto
Application submitted to BLS : July 5, 2024

As far as my OCI application goes

Postal Application
BLS Toronto
Application submitted to BLS : July 25, 2024
Date of Acknowledgement : July 31, 2024
OCI application status: Under Process.

Question: Normally what is the timeline to receive OCI once Printing status is changed to processed
9-12 days to get in hand.

Jul 9, 2024
OCI Application At Mississauga (Walking)

Application submitted to BLS : July 7, 2024

vabishek17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi Everyone,

In the process of filling out the OCI application. If one parent is deceased, do I need add (Late) to their name? What should I enter in the occupation?

TIA!

vabishek17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Also, I will submitting a postal application (nearest BLS center is > 300 kms). Can I use any courier service or does it have to be only Purolator via BLS?

VicR56

Jun 24, 2024
Hi Everyone,

In the process of filling out the OCI application. If one parent is deceased, do I need add (Late) to their name? What should I enter in the occupation?

TIA!
Do not add "Late" to their name. Write the name exactly as shown on your surrendered Indian passport.

Write their occupation at the time of their death. If they had retired, write retired. My dad was retired at the time of his death. So I wrote "Retired" in the occupation field.

Reactions: vabishek17

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Also, I will submitting a postal application (nearest BLS center is > 300 kms). Can I use any courier service or does it have to be only Purolator via BLS?
I did a postal application and I went directly to Purolator to send my 2 way application for a cheaper cost compared to Bls Purolator. I had no issues with my Surrender and OCI has been approved yet to receive. You will save a huge amount while you go to your local Purolator and I believe they have 40% off rates as well until december do check with them.

Reactions: vabishek17

pdpd

Mar 15, 2021
Application received by BLS via post: Jun 21
BLS website application date: Jun 24

Date of Ack: 03-JUL-2024
Processed: 25-JUL-2024
Dispatched: 26-JUL-2024

BLS website status still says Processing at Consulate General

The OCI is not yet received by BLS. Is it normal? Please advise.
Got an update on the BLS: (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

vabishek17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
I did a postal application and I went directly to Purolator to send my 2 way application for a cheaper cost compared to Bls Purolator. I had no issues with my Surrender and OCI has been approved yet to receive. You will save a huge amount while you go to your local Purolator and I believe they have 40% off rates as well until december do check with them.
Great, that’s good to know. When I called the BLS customer support, they told me sending it via them was the only option. Which is your BLS center?

BLS Purolator is too expensive. $120 for two way per application is crazy when I need to send three applications. I will check my local purolator location. Thank you!

vabishek17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Do not add "Late" to their name. Write the name exactly as shown on your surrendered Indian passport.

Write their occupation at the time of their death. If they had retired, write retired. My dad was retired at the time of his death. So I wrote "Retired" in the occupation field.
Sounds good, thanks!