+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello Guys,

Does anyone know the processing time for OCI application for Vancouver Office ? What does OCI Application Status "UNDER-PROCESS" mean?

Below is the status of the

Date Of Acknowledgment24-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
Expect update on https://ociservices.gov.in in last week of July.

Here is my timeline

Applicant NameAJAY KUMAR
File Reference NumberXXXX0000XX00
Date Of Acknowledgment24-APR-2024
OCI- NumberX0000000
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn28-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn28-JUN-2024
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn28-JUN-2024

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Expect update on https://ociservices.gov.in in last week of July.

Here is my timeline

Applicant NameAJAY KUMAR
File Reference NumberXXXX0000XX00
Date Of Acknowledgment24-APR-2024
OCI- NumberX0000000
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn28-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn28-JUN-2024
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn28-JUN-2024
Thanks for sharing , how long it took to receive the acknowledgment? Also it is received by you or still waiting ? Trying to figure out that how long it takes after “document received at xxx” status to have oci in hand..

Last edited:

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Hello All,

Wanted to clarify Marriage Registration Date field in the OCI form. My application got rejected at BLS Brampton office with a comment, "Enter the date when your marriage got registered at the marriage registration office. It is not the wedding date". My marriage registration date is a little later than the wedding date.
Whereas, my friend's application got accepted at BLS Mississauga office when he had entered his wedding date in the same field.

What did you guys write in that field? Wedding date or registration date?

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hello all,

When we opt for bls drop off service, do someone need to be present to receive the oci card or they simply put in the mail box?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hello All,

Wanted to clarify Marriage Registration Date field in the OCI form. My application got rejected at BLS Brampton office with a comment, "Enter the date when your marriage got registered at the marriage registration office. It is not the wedding date". My marriage registration date is a little later than the wedding date.
Whereas, my friend's application got accepted at BLS Mississauga office when he had entered his wedding date in the same field.

Go with Marriage Registration date - that's what they want! There is no way they will accept wedding date as registration date unless both are same. Your friend was an exception for application at BLS Mississauga. I have seen so many in person appointments where people have had to pay $120 just to refill their form for this exact problem.

My suggestion - use marriage registration date as that's what the form asks.

Reactions: anigdikar

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All,

Some days back in the forum they were no issues when submitted with marriage date. So it's a tricky question depends on the BLS person at counter. Personally I went with registration date.

Reactions: anigdikar

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello All,

Create 2 OCI application forms
1. Marriage Registration Date
2. Actual Marriage Date

If you decide to to Miss or Bram BLS you can keep both documents handy and if they force you to make changes through there "value added services" you can present the other application form ;)

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hello all,

what to put for profession: I am in IT company so would it be professional or private service?