+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

anigdikar

Apr 3, 2017
Create 2 OCI application forms
1. Marriage Registration Date
2. Actual Marriage Date

If you decide to to Miss or Bram BLS you can keep both documents handy and if they force you to make changes through there "value added services" you can present the other application form ;)
Seriously, we have to have duplicates of all the possible pages. We can not rely on these people. They just change the rules as per their whims.

VicR56

Jun 24, 2024
Seriously, we have to have duplicates of all the possible pages. We can not rely on these people. They just change the rules as per their whims.
E-mail the Toronto Consulate OCI section at oci-toronto@mea.gov.in and ask them to clarify regarding the marriage date/marriage registration date question.

I e-mailed them once regarding some other question I had and received a reply the same day. And attached their reply along with my application.

Last edited:

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Hi.. Quick question for Ottawa Jurisdiction:
There seems to be lot of confusion about original docs to be submitted for postal OCI application or not.
Has anyone applied recently for OCI via postal services without originals and got application processed? I called BLS and the lady informed that for Ottawa jurisdiction, it is mandatory to send the originals since the application will be processed by High commission.
Any insights will be helpful.
Yes, you have to send in originals for a postal application. In case you do a walk-in, you don't have to submit but still need to take them along for verification.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Harish, Have you sent DD of $377.70? And Amount payable to BLS International Services Canada Inc. did you put any address or something on DD?
Can you answer 2 and 3 also if you have the info?
Yes 377.70 , they confirmed today, going for the DD today, not sure about address though .

$102 for drop off and pickup
No photo in consent for vancouver

Shaurya2013

Jan 2, 2019
I had an issue with my Canadian passport, which has now been resolved. However, they kept my old passport, which is linked to my OCI card. Can I travel to India without updating my OCI? I need to travel as soon as possible. Please help.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I had an issue with my Canadian passport, which has now been resolved. However, they kept my old passport, which is linked to my OCI card. Can I travel to India without updating my OCI? I need to travel as soon as possible. Please help.
It's an online process and once you get acknowledgement you are good to travel.

I Am A Shatriya

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hi everyone,

I applied for a fresh OCI on May 9th at BLS Montreal.

Below is my timeline for reference: -

OCI-Application Status Details
Date Of Acknowledgment10-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn25-JUN-2024
Document received AtOTTAWAOn02-JUL-2024

On BLS website it shows '(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)'

All the best everyone with their applications.

Thanks,

Essess

May 8, 2024
Hello All,

Wanted to clarify Marriage Registration Date field in the OCI form. My application got rejected at BLS Brampton office with a comment, "Enter the date when your marriage got registered at the marriage registration office. It is not the wedding date". My marriage registration date is a little later than the wedding date.
Whereas, my friend's application got accepted at BLS Mississauga office when he had entered his wedding date in the same field.

What did you guys write in that field? Wedding date or registration date?
They always required the date when your mrg got registered not the wedding date.

Reactions: adstarscream732

kaoru

Oct 3, 2018
hello all !! i am unsure as to what OCI status update i should wait for now.

i applied in-person at the MONTREAL office ( ottawa jurisdiction ). i did not go to ottawa in-person, and i did not mail in my application. and i did not opt for courier service, i opted for in-person pick up, in montreal, when the OCI is ready. i checked on the two websites.

i would like some advise or feedback to inform me if my OCI process is on track, and what status update i should wait for, in order to retrieve the OCI in-person, in montreal.. thanks !

Date Of Acknowledgment01-MAY-2024
OCI- Number------
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn12-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn13-JUN-2024
Document received AtOTTAWAOn20-JUN-2024

and then from this site: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/track-application...:

Application Details
Application Reference Number -----
Application Date 2024-04-30
Applicant Name -----
Applicant Passport Number ------
Applicant Date of Birth ------
Application Status
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)

and that's all i have. no emails, or calls.

sooo, is it stamped yet ? no updates since june 20th ? is it ready for pick-up in montreal, do you think ? thank you for any help !!! i will check back here later. :)

Reactions: Narayan Mani

kaoru

Oct 3, 2018
hi !! i too applied in-person in montreal ! on may 1st, 2024 ! i have the exact same message when i track on BLS website. so does this mean we can pick it up in montreal ? do we need to be present for the stamping ? or do we need to wait a bit more ?
i just made a detailed post about this in the hopes that someone here knows what happens next...or what status-update to wait for. i hope we are on the track for our OCIs in montreal ! and thank you.

Hi everyone,

I applied for a fresh OCI on May 9th at BLS Montreal.

Below is my timeline for reference: -

OCI-Application Status Details
Date Of Acknowledgment10-MAY-2024
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn25-JUN-2024
Document received AtOTTAWAOn02-JUL-2024

On BLS website it shows '(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)'

All the best everyone with their applications.

Thanks,

Essess

May 8, 2024
hello all !! i am unsure as to what OCI status update i should wait for now.

i applied in-person at the MONTREAL office ( ottawa jurisdiction ). i did not go to ottawa in-person, and i did not mail in my application. and i did not opt for courier service, i opted for in-person pick up, in montreal, when the OCI is ready. i checked on the two websites.

i would like some advise or feedback to inform me if my OCI process is on track, and what status update i should wait for, in order to retrieve the OCI in-person, in montreal.. thanks !

Date Of Acknowledgment01-MAY-2024
OCI- Number------
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn12-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn13-JUN-2024
Document received AtOTTAWAOn20-JUN-2024

and then from this site: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/ottawa-jurisdiction/track-application...:

Application Details
Application Reference Number -----
Application Date 2024-04-30
Applicant Name -----
Applicant Passport Number ------
Applicant Date of Birth ------
Application Status
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)

and that's all i have. no emails, or calls.

sooo, is it stamped yet ? no updates since june 20th ? is it ready for pick-up in montreal, do you think ? thank you for any help !!! i will check back here later. :)
What are you waiting for ? Go there and pick up your oci. Its already there on 20th.

Reactions: kaoru