+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

VicR56

Jun 24, 2024
This comment saved me a lot of hassle. I went ahead and booked an appointment at BLS Mississauga as well for the next day literally (lucky me for getting the appointment right away) and they didn't ask for any affidavit. They did however ask me to write a declaration stating appearance change and BLS Toronto was asking for an affidavit for that as well. I wrote a declaration on Blank paper and signed it and that was all. Paid only for the courier to receive the documents at my home address and out of there in 30 mins. All in All, BLS Mississauga saved me over $100 lawyer fee lol. Thank you for this comment!
You're welcome!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,
I applied to renew OCI after turning 50 as I got new Canadian passport.
Unfortulately my application got rejected o_O
Reason for rejection "Your application has been rejected by competent authority with remarks : REUPLOAD SIGNATURE "

Trying to re-upload my signature all fields gets blank.
Not sure how to re-upload signature.

Should I submit a new application?

Please advise.
The OCI services website has the image upload/reupload option. Did you try that for signature?

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
The OCI services website has the image upload/reupload option. Did you try that for signature?
Yes, i tried that. After filling all the required info (Passport and ref. #) the info gets wiped out and at bottom of page keeps saying "Your application has been rejected by competent authorities with remarks : REUPLOAD SIGNATURE"

When I submitted application, I received 1st email saying
"Thank you for completing Part-B of OCI- Application on 14/Jun/2024"

2nd email received saying
Your application bearing MHA file number XXXXXXXXX for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI card No. XXXXXX has been submitted successfully.

On OCI Image Upload/ Re-upload it says "
  • Re-upload cannot be performed once your application gets acknowledged at Indian Mission/FRRO.
Does this mean the application was acknowledged and
now i cannot re-upload?
and
have to submit a new application?

thanks in advance for help!!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes, i tried that. After filling all the required info (Passport and ref. #) the info gets wiped out and at bottom of page keeps saying "Your application has been rejected by competent authorities with remarks : REUPLOAD SIGNATURE"

When I submitted application, I received 1st email saying
"Thank you for completing Part-B of OCI- Application on 14/Jun/2024"

2nd email received saying
Your application bearing MHA file number XXXXXXXXX for uploading of documents in connection with your OCI card No. XXXXXX has been submitted successfully.

On OCI Image Upload/ Re-upload it says "
  • Re-upload cannot be performed once your application gets acknowledged at Indian Mission/FRRO.
Does this mean the application was acknowledged and
now i cannot re-upload?
and
have to submit a new application?

thanks in advance for help!!!
Call and check with BLS in this case.

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Congrats. Did you get an email for each of these events or is it updated in the OCI status page?

I have applied a week ago but it says “no record found” on the OCI Status page.
Never received any emails. Normally, it seems to take about 5 business days after BLS Receives application(Status there as processing at consulate general) for the status to show up on OCI page.

VicR56

Jun 24, 2024
Mine and my family (+3) OCI applications moved to "Under Process" status today.

Walk-in submittal at BLS Mississauga20 Jun 2024
Date of acknowledgement28 Jun 2024
Registration status at missionToronto
OCI application statusUnder process

Subhajit91

Oct 21, 2017
Hi,

Can someone tell me if my OCI card is approved?

Date Of Acknowledgment01-JUN-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI-NumberXXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn25-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn26-JUN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn

hlp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2020
Walkin Application (Toronto) - 16 May,2024
Date of Acknowledgment (OCI website) -24 May,2024
Received my OCi passport- june27

Reactions: nrmn973

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
This might be a rarity but thanks to this forum we had the best experience at BLS Mississauga this morning for appointments with 3 OCI applications! 2 adults + 1 canadian newborn.

What I did right:
1. Made sure to add details to the OCI Part A and Part B correctly (as per forum guidance).
2. Uploaded all documents correctly (as per forum guidance).
3. Uploaded photo and signature as per the requirements (this is an exception for getting accepted as is).
4. Printed extra documents that were not required for each application (eg: COPR was returned).

All in all, I gave 3 DDs for OCI (each $376) and paid only $182 for 3 purolator couriers.

Done with BLS for the next 20 years!!! Thanks all :)

P.S. - I did not book PL appointments

Reactions: forw.jane

Darsh007

May 1, 2018
Hello All,

Need Help!

Canadian Born Child is in India on e-visa. Both parents are Indian Passport Holder(Temp worker in Canada).

How to get OCI for the child while staying in India together?

Would it possible to convert e-visa to OCI? if so, would be process easy to follow so we can do it or need to involve some professional in this case?

Has anyone done the same or dealt with similar situation?

Thanks in advance.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello All,

Need Help!

Canadian Born Child is in India on e-visa. Both parents are Indian Passport Holder(Temp worker in Canada).

How to get OCI for the child while staying in India together?

Would it possible to convert e-visa to OCI? if so, would be process easy to follow so we can do it or need to involve some professional in this case?

Has anyone done the same or dealt with similar situation?

Thanks in advance.
OCI on e-visa is not possible. You need entry visa for it. As its case for kid contact FRRO and see what can be done.

Reactions: Darsh007

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
This might be a rarity but thanks to this forum we had the best experience at BLS Mississauga this morning for appointments with 3 OCI applications! 2 adults + 1 canadian newborn.

What I did right:
1. Made sure to add details to the OCI Part A and Part B correctly (as per forum guidance).
2. Uploaded all documents correctly (as per forum guidance).
3. Uploaded photo and signature as per the requirements (this is an exception for getting accepted as is).
4. Printed extra documents that were not required for each application (eg: COPR was returned).

All in all, I gave 3 DDs for OCI (each $376) and paid only $182 for 3 purolator couriers.

Done with BLS for the next 20 years!!! Thanks all :)

P.S. - I did not book PL appointments
Ab aaram se WT20 final dekhne ka kya

• Love
Reactions: adstarscream732