+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Ladies and gents, slight change of pace question:

I have got the OCI card (thank Jesus) and have booked flights to Chennai in early August.

What can I expect:

At Pearson Intl? They'll just check my Canadian passport and OCI card, boarding pass to let me board me, correct?
At Chennai? What are the formalities for first time OCI entrant? Fingerprinting, optical biometrics?

I have travel anxiety, so please give me all the details.

• Love
Reactions: Benicia David

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

I have got the OCI card (thank Jesus) and have booked flights to Chennai in early August.

What can I expect:

At Pearson Intl? They'll just check my Canadian passport and OCI card, boarding pass to let me board me, correct?
At Chennai? What are the formalities for first time OCI entrant? Fingerprinting, optical biometrics?

Yes and there are no such formalities. They check passport and OCI and let you in, in India too.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

What can I expect:

You will not be able to check in online either from Canada or from India because of OCI since it does not have an end date(I have travelled twice after getting the OCI through AC direct and connecting flights the result has been the same). Boarding passes will only be issued at the counter
In India at the immigration you should queue over the foreigner’s counter to get the formalities done.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you!

I get a "No such record found" message when checking with my passport and file reference number. Any idea how long it takes to get an acknowledgement from the time of application at BLS Mississauga?
It takes about 20 days to see info on the OCI website (wrt Toronto jurisdiction) from the date BLS mentions processing at CGI
this time varies for Ottawa and Vancouver jurisdiction
tab tak chill maarke baithne ka kya

Jul 10, 2020
Folks just confirming the account name on the bank draft : Consulate General of India- Toronto

this is on the BLS website itself. Did anyone make the draft with this name and got through things smoothly?

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Previous experience shared on this forum was BLS rejected it. As it's BLS you never know what would work :)
Totally know this feeling. We went ahead with issue date and place in OCI and submitted application successfully today. Was skeptical about this part but BLS officer didnt raise any query on this.

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Submitted OCI today for myself and spouse at Brampton location. Went through appointment and was in and out in 20 mins.
It was pretty smooth. They didnt even ask for originals, just verified photocopies against application form and asked to submit courier charges but we opted for Pick up instead.
Will keep updating timeline for tracking purpose.
Thankful for this forum to provide all guidance.

Jul 10, 2020
Submitted OCI today for myself and spouse at Brampton location. Went through appointment and was in and out in 20 mins.
It was pretty smooth. They didnt even ask for originals, just verified photocopies against application form and asked to submit courier charges but we opted for Pick up instead.
Will keep updating timeline for tracking purpose.
Thankful for this forum to provide all guidance.
What did you write in the bank draft for CGI. Please share. $376 and Consulate General of India - Toronto ?

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Thanks @Daya1 , just checked BLS tracking and it says OCI originals dispatched and have given a purolator tracking number. Although I wonder if my pre-paid courier fees includes 2 services - getting the originals back and then the OCI card?
Did u end up paying additional courier for OCI card? I checked my status today and it shows original dispatched and OCI card still under processing and they seemed to use my return courier delivery fee to send back the originals and now I think these scammer will request money again to send back the OCI card once processing is complete.