+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Demand draft on BLS website and checklist is different. Which name is correct??

Consulate General of India, Toronto or
Consulate General of India-Toronto

Just being specific, given the harassments from BLS, need to assure.
i think either one should work. I remember getting a draft in the name of Consulate General of India, Toronto
Since you have to carry the printout of the checklist you should follow that https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf (in case of Toronto jurisdiction).
Incase they push back between , vs - show them the checklist which mentions Consulate General of India, Toronto

Last edited:
Reactions: forw.jane

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
Could anyone please tell to whom should the Demand draft be addressed to for Vancouver Jurisdiction?
BLS site says Amount payable to "BLS International Services Canada Inc." It's not Consulate General of India - Vancouver anymore?

Consular fee +ICWF Charge + BLS Service charges - So one DD for $376+$1.70 =$377.70 ? Is that right?

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
i think either one should work. I remember getting a draft in the name of Consulate General of India, Toronto
Since you have to carry the printout of the checklist you should follow that https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf (in case of Toronto jurisdiction).
Incase they push back between , vs - show them the checklist which mentions Consulate General of India, Toronto
We have appointment on Wednesday and I got from Scotia as Consulate General of India- Toronto.
They put space after "-". Not sure if I make correction as I am really not ready to pay to BLS 100 CAD for this kind of errors.
I can be overcomplicating but dealing with BLS is different kind of anxiety! Please confirm if I should update it. TIA.

jay_i_am

Feb 25, 2024
Hello,

"Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? "

My niece was born in the US and my brother applied for her OCI. Would I have to answer YES to this? Or does family only refer to siblings, parents and grandparents?

Thanks!

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello,

"Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? "

My niece was born in the US and my brother applied for her OCI. Would I have to answer YES to this? Or does family only refer to siblings, parents and grandparents?

Thanks!
your niece's oci application will not be considered as family - it is only spouse and kids.

Reactions: jay_i_am

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
We have appointment on Wednesday and I got from Scotia as Consulate General of India- Toronto.
They put space after "-". Not sure if I make correction as I am really not ready to pay to BLS 100 CAD for this kind of errors.
I can be overcomplicating but dealing with BLS is different kind of anxiety! Please confirm if I should update it. TIA.
Go with what you have maybe you can take a printout of the BLS page
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/oci-fresh.php#tab2 (Application Fee tab) to counter if BLS flip flops over - vs ,

jay_i_am

Feb 25, 2024
your niece's oci application will not be considered as family - it is only spouse and kids.
Thank you! That's what I thought - just wanted confirmation.

One more Q -Do you have relatives staying in India?

My mom lives in India and of course I have a zillion relatives. I can just give my mom's info right?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Could anyone please tell to whom should the Demand draft be addressed to for Vancouver Jurisdiction?
BLS site says Amount payable to "BLS International Services Canada Inc." It's not Consulate General of India - Vancouver anymore?

Consular fee +ICWF Charge + BLS Service charges - So one DD for $376+$1.70 =$377.70 ? Is that right?
That's right. Its different for Vancouver. They even allow you to use Debit card for in-person submission which other dont.

Reactions: Navs11

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
Hello,

Need some clarification (as BLS guys find all silly mistakes) for Surrey Location via postal.
  1. Demand draft of 377.70 CAD (BLS International Services Canada Inc.)
  2. Consent form has no photos of parents (unlike for Toronto BLS) - For minor applicants
  3. How much they generally charge for courier services, just want to have an idea, also do they take credit card details via phone ?
  4. In Checklist what to fill "BLS Center Location", is it "Surrey" ? I know its silly question but still asking.

Lastly, if anyone got OCI recently (for Surrey location) please share the timeline

Harish, Have you sent DD of $377.70? And Amount payable to BLS International Services Canada Inc. did you put any address or something on DD?
Can you answer 2 and 3 also if you have the info?

sunp135

Mar 14, 2024
Urgent Help!!

I applied OCI for my new born baby on May 30th 2024. My employer is asking me to apply E-visa for my son and return back to home country. As I already applied OCI, can I change delivery address as INDIA address. Kindly help me on this. also, anyone can suggest how many remaining days it will take. This is showing still in process."Processing at Consulate General"

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Urgent Help!!

I applied OCI for my new born baby on May 30th 2024. My employer is asking me to apply E-visa for my son and return back to home country. As I already applied OCI, can I change delivery address as INDIA address. Kindly help me on this. also, anyone can suggest how many remaining days it will take. This is showing still in process."Processing at Consulate General"
Which location you applied at?

BLS won't deliver to India address.