+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Has anyone received their OCI card from Ottawa BLS recently. There aren't many timelines posted here so trying to figure out the processing time. The one I saw was from earlier this year where someone had their oci card ready for pick up in 6 weeks from date of acknowledgement.(acknowledged on Feb 1 and ready for pick up on March 14).

Does anyone know what's the current timeline from acknowledged to oci ready for pick up/delivery?
Total processing time is in the range of 10-12 weeks

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Filling out the form for newborn born in Canada. His last name is "hyphenated" (last name-last name). However, OCI form does not accept the hyphen, what to do?! Will this cause an issue for his OCI application? Even if BLS does a new form they won't be able to add the hyphen.

Jul 10, 2020
1 - both parents have to go for pickup, authority letters don't work
2 - BLS/CGI/HCI sites say $40 for courier ($60 is for out of province, yet they continue to fleece people by charging $60)
3 - play it by ear:
A - if you see your applications getting accepted, go berserk asking for help to pick up OCI - you save 180
B - if you see even one application having an issue - you'll end up spending money on having it corrected on the spot (or coming again - all 3 of you) - if the former, then you'll be in touching distance of the premium lounge service charge ($100)
4 - go thru my post again about documents/discoveries
wife name change - have to have documents in both old n new names, and an affidavit
minor - NOC signed by both parents, both parents' photos as per OCI specs (God knows why!!), application form signed by both parents and child's thumb impression i think given your child's age. then both parents PPs, surrender certs, CA PPs, citizenship certs, marriage cert, birth cert - take everything, let them give back extra ones to you. and yes UPLOAD EVERYTHING
5 - between 8 n 9 or so the lobby had 12 - 15 people waiting apart from those being served. became very very crowded around 9 - 9.30 (and am sure thereon) because they call multiple people for same time slot, and allow walk-ins too, and prioritize those who'd have come much after you but have paid for premium lounge
6 - wasted effort, bhens ke aage been bajana, and then when you hear - no sir 60 hee hai, you'll feel why bother why suffer - pay them - good riddance
QQ for the premium service do they also - file the OCI application as part of it. My problem is I am not getting a OCI appointment for Missisauga or Brampton. All Premium Lounge is available. Can some more people shed some more light on the premium lounge option. if they fill and submit the OCI application then and there if I have all the originals with me?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
QQ for the premium service do they also - file the OCI application as part of it. My problem is I am not getting a OCI appointment for Missisauga or Brampton. All Premium Lounge is available. Can some more people shed some more light on the premium lounge option. if they fill and submit the OCI application then and there if I have all the originals with me?
Yes, PL service includes - form filling, photos, return courier and copies. They charge $100 per person for this service, plus any other remaining OCI fees.

Himanshu28

Oct 11, 2019
Date Of Acknowledgment17-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn07-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn10-JUN-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn21-JUN-2024
BLS
Application Status
Counter delivery to BLS center after OCI stamping on June 19, 2024
(Passport ready for collection after OCI Stamping) on June 20, 2024, with a Purolator tracking number

OCI delivered: June 20, 2024, around 4 pm.

Today, OCI Status: Document received At 21 June 2024.

Reactions: forw.jane

navrion25

Jan 31, 2024
Has anyone received their OCI card from Ottawa BLS recently. There aren't many timelines posted here so trying to figure out the processing time. The one I saw was from earlier this year where someone had their oci card ready for pick up in 6 weeks from date of acknowledgement.(acknowledged on Feb 1 and ready for pick up on March 14).

Does anyone know what's the current timeline from acknowledged to oci ready for pick up/delivery?
If anyone have recently applied for OCI from Ottawa BLS, could you please share your Timelines?
Please share your timeline once you receive your OCI it will greatly help others in planning their travel.

Jul 10, 2020
Yes, PL service includes - form filling, photos, return courier and copies. They charge $100 per person for this service, plus any other remaining OCI fees.
Confirming once - so you do not need a separate OCI appointment to submit documents once you have taken the Premium Lounge appt. the premium lounge booking takes care of the filling building the file + submission to CGI right?

Reactions: adstarscream732

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Confirming once - so you do not need a separate OCI appointment to submit documents once you have taken the Premium Lounge appt. the premium lounge booking takes care of the filling building the file + submission to CGI right?
just take an aptt under prem lounge category. thats it. go with just your documents. they do form filling, photos, photocopies, and include courier in the same $100.

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Guys, a little help. BLS requires me to create an affidavit confirming that my place of birth, as stated on my Indian and Canadian passports, is the same. Specifically, my Indian passport lists Village, City, Country, whereas my Canadian passport only lists City and Country without mentioning the village. Has anyone else encountered this situation and obtained an affidavit or found any other solutions?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Guys, a little help. BLS requires me to create an affidavit confirming that my place of birth, as stated on my Indian and Canadian passports, is the same. Specifically, my Indian passport lists Village, City, Country, whereas my Canadian passport only lists City and Country without mentioning the village. Has anyone else encountered this situation and obtained an affidavit or found any other solutions?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10311406

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10401313

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10377852

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10377972

Some links to help you

VicR56

Jun 24, 2024
My place of birth on the Indian passport is listed as village, city, state and country. The Canadian passport lists only the city and country.

I submitted my OCI application last week at BLS Mississauga and had no issues. Did not have to provide any affidavit regarding the place of birth.

Last edited:

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Please double, triple check the application you have created on the OCI website and use this sample form as a example to update the application https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
e.g. common pitfalls
- Marriage Date - Should it be the actual wedding date or the date of the registration of the marriage ? I would suggest you to mention "date of the registration of the marriage"
- Place of Birth - As per Canadian Passport. If it is Delhi then you should mention Delhi, if it is New Delhi you should mention New Delhi

Docs for Adults: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797
Docs for Kids: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10374728

When you submit the application to BLS along with the above (for kids), you need to include the NOC which has to be signed by both parent and there photographs have to be attached. If you are submitting it to BLS in person carry all the originals...

You have to carry all originals along with the self attested copies of the documents you have to submit to BLS.
Payment for OCI has to be done in 2 ways
- Demand Draft/Money Order in the name of - Consulate General of India, Toronto for $376
- Payment to BLS can be made using debit card or exact change
Demand draft on BLS website and checklist is different. Which name is correct??

Consulate General of India, Toronto or
Consulate General of India-Toronto

Just being specific, given the harassments from BLS, need to assure.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Demand draft on BLS website and checklist is different. Which name is correct??

Consulate General of India, Toronto or
Consulate General of India-Toronto

Just being specific, given the harassments from BLS, need to assure.
Consulate General of India - Toronto
The above I have seen everyone making one with.

Reactions: Yen@5