+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Thank you! That's what I thought - just wanted confirmation.

One more Q -Do you have relatives staying in India?

My mom lives in India and of course I have a zillion relatives. I can just give my mom's info right?
for me, my spouse (who has cousins n uncles/aunts in India) and our kids, i only gave my mom n sisters' details

Reactions: jay_i_am

harish_s_ampeo

Nov 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-12-2016
If anyone have recently applied for OCI from Ottawa BLS, could you please share your Timelines?
Please share your timeline once you receive your OCI it will greatly help others in planning their travel.
@gocerta @navrion25 : Applied through BLS Montreal on May-9th. Jurisdiction is Ottawa, here is the timeline so far.

Date Of Acknowledgment10-May-24
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-Jun-24
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn25-Jun-24
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

Reactions: Narayan Mani

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
In our OCI part B, do we need to add my daughter's OCI details (In question of if you/any member of family has applied for OCI earlier) if She had OCI already before us?

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Yes if your immediate family member have an OCI already you should say yes and mention their details
thank you sir. they are asking for date when applied and place when applied. IN OCI, they have date of issue and place of issue, will those be same or do I have to dig in to more historical dates?

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
HI,

Can someone please confirm the Toronto mission processing timelines ?
I have submitted min eon 18th June and today it was acknowledged.

based on the timelines, I have decide on whether to go with OCI or with e-visa for my travel, THanks.

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
@gocerta @navrion25 : Applied through BLS Montreal on May-9th. Jurisdiction is Ottawa, here is the timeline so far.

Date Of Acknowledgment10-May-24
Registration Status at MissionOTTAWA
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-Jun-24
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn25-Jun-24
Document received AtOTTAWAOn
during the process, did you ever received any email or msg about the progress ?

or do we only need to check the OCI website ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
thank you sir. they are asking for date when applied and place when applied. IN OCI, they have date of issue and place of issue, will those be same or do I have to dig in to more historical dates?
Don't use date of issue. You need date when you applied in-person or sent your courier. Sounds weird but that's how BLS works.

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
Can anyone confirm if Consent form is mandatory for vancouver Jurisdiction? My daughter is a minor.
What is Visa/OCI application number in consent form?

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
1. Include a copy of marriage certificate -- I applied on self basis but had to include marriage cert as requested by BLS. My spouse is not even Indian origin and was not applying for OCI, still they asked for it.
2. Yes, Naturalization
3. Relationship cert not needed/relevant for application on your own Indian origin basis
4. Yes, enter OCI details of kids
Hi for query 4, Is it the issue date n place mentioned in their OCI? Or different dates?