+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

KNCN

Jan 9, 2021
Hello Guys,

Does anyone know the processing time for OCI application for Vancouver Office ? What does OCI Application Status "UNDER-PROCESS" mean?

Below is the status of the

Date Of Acknowledgment24-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Guys,

Does anyone know the processing time for OCI application for Vancouver Office ? What does OCI Application Status "UNDER-PROCESS" mean?

Below is the status of the

Date Of Acknowledgment24-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
Consulate is still working on it. No decision made.

It's ~10-12 weeks.

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi All, Need some guidance please.

I am planning to submit my application for OCI soon, have started the online application process etc. i have one quick doubt please: i read on the internet that one of the person was asked by BLS to submit an affidavit since their indian passport was expired before they got the citizenship (for example: indian passport was expired in 2019 and canadian citizenship was granted in 2020). Can someone please share if they had the same experience?

i am trying to figure out all the things before booking an appointment at BLS Brampton (thinking to book the premium lounge option since they don't have walk in appointments available for next 2 months and hoping it will be helpful in some ways, honestly have been putting this thing on back burner since 2020 just dreading dealing with BLS again).
Anything else if i should keep in mind then please let me know that as well.

kirkir

Jun 26, 2024
Hi All, Need some guidance please.

I am planning to submit my application for OCI soon, have started the online application process etc. i have one quick doubt please: i read on the internet that one of the person was asked by BLS to submit an affidavit since their indian passport was expired before they got the citizenship (for example: indian passport was expired in 2019 and canadian citizenship was granted in 2020). Can someone please share if they had the same experience?

i am trying to figure out all the things before booking an appointment at BLS Brampton (thinking to book the premium lounge option since they don't have walk in appointments available for next 2 months and hoping it will be helpful in some ways, honestly have been putting this thing on back burner since 2020 just dreading dealing with BLS again).
Anything else if i should keep in mind then please let me know that as well.
If you decide to take their premium service by paying $100 then take the full advantage :)

First call their call center and try to get as much info as needed (record what they say so that you can counter it if the in person agent say otherwise). Once you are ready with the required docs and when you go for premium service they should be able to guide you with everything you need (as you paid $100 for the service). If you miss any doc you can tell them that you will comeback and resubmit the missing doc. So book early morning premium service appointment so that if you need to resubmit anything you will have time to comeback on the same day. Just make sure its all covered in the same premium service appointment.

My personal experience, when I went to pickup my surrender certificate, one applicant submitted his demand draft at 2:30 PM as there were some issues with his application and he has to go to and fro to get the required DD and correct his document. He said he came at around 10 AM and at round 3 PM he was able to complete everything. He booked appointment but paid $100 to get the document corrected. Not sure why every branch has different fees and all these fees does not match what they mentioned on their website. You can always raise complaint about fee differences by providing them all the proofs but should followup for months without fail or until its resolved.

Toronto: $100 for correction (You can argue that you dont need premium service if its just a simple correction and refer them to the charges that they mentioned online)
Mississauga: $28 for correction

We recently submitted our OCI application (in person appointment @toronto) and opted for pickup. Total time for submission took less than 10 min. They said by default that it will be sent to my address, but I denied it and told that I will pickup. Normally I dont give my card until I know what I am paying and only after they confirm the amount (compared to what mentioned online) I pay the amount

for OCI $376 DD + $2.4 bls fee through debit

bkk2011

Mar 14, 2022
Hey All,

Need a quick verification on this,
by mistake have got the DD done for BLS for 1.76 CAD in place of 1.70.
My pick-up is set for tomorrow.

Would it be any issue if I send it as it is, or should get the DD corrected for the right amount early tomorrow?
Please advise.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey All,

Would it be any issue if I send it as it is, or should get the DD corrected for the right amount early tomorrow?
Please advise.
It should be right amount. They might reject it even if they getting more. This happened during BLS charge decrease too.

Reactions: bkk2011

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Mine & my spouse OCI application moved to processed status as of today: :cool:

In person submission at BLS Mississauga(Premium Lounge) on 29-May-24.
Date Of Acknowledgment05-JUN-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn27-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hey All,

Please advise.
should be the correct amount.

but why a draft of $1.70? isn't this what is paid across the counter?

AzureEngineer

Apr 19, 2024
Mine & my spouse OCI application moved to processed status as of today: :cool:

In person submission at BLS Mississauga(Premium Lounge) on 29-May-24.
Date Of Acknowledgment05-JUN-2024
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn27-JUN-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn
Congrats. Did you get an email for each of these events or is it updated in the OCI status page?

I have applied a week ago but it says “no record found” on the OCI Status page.

Reactions: arun_canpr

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
My place of birth on the Indian passport is listed as village, city, state and country. The Canadian passport lists only the city and country.

I submitted my OCI application last week at BLS Mississauga and had no issues. Did not have to provide any affidavit regarding the place of birth.
This comment saved me a lot of hassle. I went ahead and booked an appointment at BLS Mississauga as well for the next day literally (lucky me for getting the appointment right away) and they didn't ask for any affidavit. They did however ask me to write a declaration stating appearance change and BLS Toronto was asking for an affidavit for that as well. I wrote a declaration on Blank paper and signed it and that was all. Paid only for the courier to receive the documents at my home address and out of there in 30 mins. All in All, BLS Mississauga saved me over $100 lawyer fee lol. Thank you for this comment!

stscorcher

Jun 9, 2022
Date of acknowledgment26th June 2024
OCI application statusUNDER-PROCESS
Submitted at 18th Jun in Brampton
For the better part of 18-26th search on oci status came “No records found”
now real wait begins

Reactions: Avas_india

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Hi,
I applied to renew OCI after turning 50 as I got new Canadian passport.
Unfortulately my application got rejected o_O
Reason for rejection "Your application has been rejected by competent authority with remarks : REUPLOAD SIGNATURE "

Trying to re-upload my signature all fields gets blank.
Not sure how to re-upload signature.

Should I submit a new application?

Please advise.

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Date of acknowledgment26th June 2024
OCI application statusUNDER-PROCESS
Submitted at 18th Jun in Brampton
For the better part of 18-26th search on oci status came “No records found”
now real wait begins
I have the similar timeline as your's but submitted in Mississauga office and the application is under process form 26th June.