joyvik

Feb 14, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
There's are still plenty of appointment available for June. Are you looking at the right one?
Thanks
I’m planning for passport surrender- is it possible through appointment!
I am looking for appointments in July as I am awaiting Canada passport expecting around July-15. Then apply surrender and then OCI so mostly July.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks
I’m planning for passport surrender- is it possible through appointment!
I am looking for appointments in July as I am awaiting Canada passport expecting around July-15. Then apply surrender and then OCI so mostly July.
Yes. Select service type as Passport on appointment page and July is also available.

Imran1990

May 1, 2024
More confirmation that the OCI process in the Toronto jurisdiction is going well, application submitted in person in Halifax on May 6th , after printing was dispatched from MEA Delhi 6-Jun. We expect delivery in hand in approx. 10 days or sooner.

Jun 23, 2021
for the last OCI in the family (MEA dispatch 29May), it is showing <Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping> today. so another couple of days for it to reach me and this entire chapter to end!!
Hi
Your OCI ( MEA dispatch 29May). Your status changed on BLS yesterday. Do you know when the BLS status updated? Morning, afternoon or evening?
Mine is still remain same.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hello ,

My minor child holds Canadian passport but doesn’t have OCI card yet. We are moving to India for good and will apply evisa (1 year tourist) for my child. Can I convert this evisa to x1-visa in India and then apply for OCI card from India , please guide. We will be moving to India permanently and do not have time to wait for OCI here in Canada.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello ,

My minor child holds Canadian passport but doesn’t have OCI card yet. We are moving to India for good and will apply evisa (1 year tourist) for my child. Can I convert this evisa to x1-visa in India and then apply for OCI card from India , please guide. We will be moving to India permanently and do not have time to wait for OCI here in Canada.
eVisa cannot be converted to Entry Visa and OCI
You can get it confirmed from HCI/CGI/FRRO

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
eVisa cannot be converted to Entry Visa and OCI
You can get it confirmed from HCI/CGI/FRRO
Thanks, I will check with them. Since both parents are indians, it may be possible..let’s see.

In other scenario, can I apply OCI here in Canada and then get it delivered to India by a friend. And then change the status from evisa to OCI contacting FRRO?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks, I will check with them. Since both parents are indians, it may be possible..let’s see.

In other scenario, can I apply OCI here in Canada and then get it delivered to India by a friend. And then change the status from evisa to OCI contacting FRRO?
Applying for OCI in Canada and getting it delivered through someone traveling to India and handing over to you and then requesting through FRRO convert the status of your residency from eVisa to OCI should be possible. But this has to be confirmed through FRRO

Reactions: harish21jun
Jun 23, 2021
Hi
My BLS status change today (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping). Is anyone know how long it take to receive pic on hand? And how long purolator will take to update?

thanks

Imran1990

May 1, 2024
Hi
My BLS status change today (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping). Is anyone know how long it take to receive pic on hand? And how long purolator will take to update?

thanks
Please check now and check every few hours. Depending on how far you are from the BLS location, you should get the OCI Monday or Tuesday. Purolator will update as soon as BLS generates the shipping label, which will likely be today morning. I think BLS uses Purolator Ground and it will not deliver Saturday, but I am not sure. - for additional info refer to https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10845973

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi
Your OCI ( MEA dispatch 29May). Your status changed on BLS yesterday. Do you know when the BLS status updated? Morning, afternoon or evening?
Mine is still remain same.
any movement? in my case, AWB no updated on BLS tracking page today; Purolator will pick it up later today i think and deliver i guess latest Monday.

someone suggested you to check every few hours. i feel that creates anxiety and it doesn't help because these activities generally happen only once on a daily basis, start of day or end of day like in any other office - receiving passport packets (consignments) from consulate, or giving list of items to Purolator to pick up etc.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2021
any movement? in my case, AWB no updated on BLS tracking page today; Purolator will pick it up later today i think and deliver i guess latest Monday.

someone suggested you to check every few hours. i feel that creates anxiety and it doesn't help because these activities generally happen only once on a daily basis, start of day or end of day like in any other office - receiving passport packets (consignments) from consulate, or giving list of items to Purolator to pick up etc.
Hi
My status changes yesterday in BLS website to counter delivery to BLS, and after there is no update up to now. No tracking Id even.
Let me know if you got any update.