+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Buddha13

Apr 21, 2019
No, we have not received either one of the 2 OCI's dispatched on May-27 ,
For one of the two OCI's the status changes to Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping on June 1st.
Today I can see the shipment label for it on the Purolator web site by entering the CAN.. file number as a reference ,
Also the BLS Site Status today changed to Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping) and the Purolator tracking number is in the comments on the BLS status site.
It shows shipping Halifax to Halifax , so we should have in relatively soon. will update here.
For the other OCI also dispatched May-27 the status on the BLS tracking site is still Processing at Consulate. I am hoping BLS is saving money and will send both in one shipment :). But not sure if that will be the case. Cheers.
Haha :DNo they charged per Application they are gonna send OCI separately. BTW mine is Dispatched on 28th May, waiting for status update. Hoping good news in coming days.

Reactions: calgary17

SZC

Jan 27, 2021
Hi All. Have a query regarding OCI. BLS website status shows Returned. Does this mean that the application got rejected? I have not received any other details from BLS yet through post or email etc. I expect they would be letting me know on next steps? What is typically the next course of action in this scenario -
1. Submit fresh application again and pay the application+postal fee or
2. BLS lets us know any missing documents or any correction and we submit only these documents or correction back to them via post.
Thanks.

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi guys, Quick question. I am applying for OCI for my child. Me and my wife both are Canadian Citizens as of last year. We both also have applied and gotten our OCI's last year. In OCI application for my child, there is this question:

Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? * yes or no.

What should be the answer for above? I know my child both parents (me and wife) are OCI's. Is it necessary to say yes. Anyone who became citizen and applied for their child recently please chime in, Thank you in advance.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi guys, Quick question. I am applying for OCI for my child. Me and my wife both are Canadian Citizens as of last year. We both also have applied and gotten our OCI's last year. In OCI application for my child, there is this question:

Have you/any member of your family applied for Overseas Citizen of India registration earlier? * yes or no.

What should be the answer for above? I know my child both parents (me and wife) are OCI's. Is it necessary to say yes. Anyone who became citizen and applied for their child recently please chime in, Thank you in advance.
Yes should be the answer

Reactions: pHrankee

a1_gaurav

Jun 3, 2024
Hello All,

I need some guidance please as I have an upcoming travel on 14th June. I have applied OCI for my minor child. Below are timelines per OCI website. My questions are:

1. Basis below timelines, do you think its possible I will get the OCI document before 14th June. I have opted for the courier delivery. Is there any way to expedite ?
2. Should I apply for e-visa instead or wait a couple of more days?
3. In how many days does the e-visa gets processed ?

Appreciate the guidance. Thank you.

Postal Application
Date Of Acknowledgment06-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-MAY-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn31-MAY-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Last edited:
Reactions: vino24

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hello All,

I need some guidance please as I have an upcoming travel on 14th June. I have applied OCI for my minor child. Below are timelines per OCI website. My questions are:

1. Basis below timelines, do you think its possible I will get the OCI document before 14th June. I have opted for the courier delivery. Is there any way to expedite ?

Postal Application
OCI- NumberA5201548
I received OCI on June 3rd. Dispatched date is May 21st. So you can guess.
The last date Received does not gets updated as seen with other applicants too..try searching by application number on Purolator website.

Jun 23, 2021
The last date Received does not gets updated as seen with other applicants too..try searching by application number on Purolator website.
Thank you for your timeline. The only way you know was searching your application number on purolator website? or you got updates on other websites as well as?

Thank you

verse-mealies

Sep 22, 2023
Sorry if this has been asked here before, does BLS take away the original Canadian Passport with the OCI application or just the attested copy?

I have an upcoming appointment on 15th June in Vancouver but also have some work related international travel later in June and early July. Ideally I would prefer not to hand them my Canadian passport for several weeks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Sorry if this has been asked here before, does BLS take away the original Canadian Passport with the OCI application or just the attested copy?

I have an upcoming appointment on 15th June in Vancouver but also have some work related international travel later in June and early July. Ideally I would prefer not to hand them my Canadian passport for several weeks
They check and give it back.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

They are not authorized to keep Canadian issued documents. They will verify the originals over the counter and return it to you at the same time

a1_gaurav

Jun 3, 2024
Hello All,

Postal Application
Anyone else with similar timelines and have got an update on Document Received at Toronto ?

a1_gaurav

Jun 3, 2024
Thanks, would u suggest submitting the e-visa application

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hello All,

Postal Application
my OCI was dispatched on 16May, received on 31May; someone else received it on 30May.
i suggest you wait till 10May, and if you see no movement, then apply for an e-visa.