+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
What website did you track the events from? I'm 5 weeks as of two days ago and BLS site still shows as no record found
thats a very long time my friend. check with BLS. first few days after submission, the status appears on BLS tracking website, and thereon it should move to the MEA tracker, and after a few weeks of being there, tracking updates are found on the BLS site again. as i mentioned in my post, forget about the finer milestones, end-to-end from application to receiving OCI should be 5 - 6 weeks, maybe 7 - 8 for some. so if 5 weeks in you're still seeing no record, you must check with BLS! all the best.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
There's 100% glitch in the system, after entering my CDN passport, REF No. and captcha characters, system randomly shows a different passport number and displays as no record found
That (different alphanumeric in passport field) is normal. Maybe some IT guys can explain why it's done.

Reactions: Imran1990

Imran1990

May 1, 2024
Good to know that Received date never got updated.
My dispatched date is 21-May
Today on BLS website, status updated to

(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

I just searched my application number on Purolator website and it shows shipping label created today
Hi - How do you search on the Purolator web site - just enter file id CANT0... as reference number ? ( my spouse's OCI application status on BLS Tracking just changed to (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
Thanks much

calguy99

Sep 24, 2020
That (different alphanumeric in passport field) is normal. Maybe some IT guys can explain why it's done.
I know what is captcha but system itself is not working and displaying no records found even after entering correct CDN passport no and ref. No.
Will need to call BLS on Monday and get accurate status.

Someone's earlier rant about Indian IT world is true

Imran1990

May 1, 2024
Thank you for sharing your timeline. Please give an update once you have any updates or you will get OCI on your hand. I am in same timeline.
Both our applications submitted walk-in on April 22 , both Dispatched from MEA on May 27 do NOT show received in Toronto Status on https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
However as of today one of the applications shows Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping status on https://www.blsindia-canada.com/tracking/same.php

cecict

Jul 14, 2018
Hi - How do you search on the Purolator web site - just enter file id CANT0... as reference number ? ( my spouse's OCI application status on BLS Tracking just changed to (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
Thanks much
Yes, search by application number on Purolator website.

kousikdas

Jun 3, 2024
I am waiting for OCI and it is now it its 7th week. I do not see any change in the status. What I am trying to find out is if I can travel to India on e-visa and get my friend mail me the OCI. What sort of complicacies can arise from it? Once I will have the OCI is it mandatory to leave the country on the e-visa and then re-enter with OCI?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am waiting for OCI and it is now it its 7th week. I do not see any change in the status. What I am trying to find out is if I can travel to India on e-visa and get my friend mail me the OCI. What sort of complicacies can arise from it? Once I will have the OCI is it mandatory to leave the country on the e-visa and then re-enter with OCI?
How long do you want to stay in India?

Jun 23, 2021
Both our applications submitted walk-in on April 22 , both Dispatched from MEA on May 27 do NOT show received in Toronto Status on https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
However as of today one of the applications shows Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping status on https://www.blsindia-canada.com/tracking/same.php
Hi
You updated your status on Saturday that applications shows Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping status, I just want to know you receive your OCI card ?

And how long it take to update status after Dispatched from MEA (New delhi) to change status to BLS?

Imran1990

May 1, 2024
Hi
You updated your status on Saturday that applications shows Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping status, I just want to know you receive your OCI card ?

And how long it take to update status after Dispatched from MEA (New delhi) to change status to BLS?
No, we have not received either one of the 2 OCI's dispatched on May-27 ,
For one of the two OCI's the status changed to Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping on June 1st.
Today I can see the shipment label for it on the Purolator web site by entering the CAN.. file number as a reference ,
Also the BLS Site Status today changed to Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping) and the Purolator tracking number is in the comments on the BLS status site.
It shows shipping Halifax to Halifax , so we should have in relatively soon. will update here.
For the other OCI also dispatched May-27 the status on the BLS tracking site is still Processing at Consulate. I am hoping BLS is saving money and will send both in one shipment :). But not sure if that will be the case. Cheers.

Last edited: