Toronto
Category........
FSW
Got OCI this morning. Full timeline and notes

Applied : 25 April ( Toronto location )
Acknowledged: 2 May
Processed : 28th May
Dispatched: 29th May
Arrived at Toronto: (No update on OCI website)
Even on BLS website till 5th June, "still processing at consulate"

SMS alert with Purolator ID: 6 June evening
Delivered on door step: 7 June morning

I also approved a "signature release/waiver" request on the Purolator website so that they won't put that stupid we missed you, oops, now come to a faraway location at 6 pm to pick it up crap.

Aug 17, 2020
Hi All,

I am starting to fill the OCI application for my minor Son. Any pointers from successful folks would be helpful. Below are my questions:

Qs On the Online OCI Services webpage:

1)Applicants passport details- says as per Indian Passport or birth certificate. My son was born in Canada in ON, do I fill in the passport number etc. details from the Birth Certificate?
2) Who's signature should I upload?
3) What are the mandatory documents to upload for Minor OCI?

Qs on the BLS Checklist of OCI submission:

1) Professional details of the applicant- who's details here? Father or Mother?
2) Proof of address - Both Father and Mother? attested copies?
3) Who is signing the checklist?
4) Any other items to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance for your patience and help. If a link with minor OCI process or thread is available, kindly post it in the reply.
Have a good day all.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi All,

I am starting to fill the OCI application for my minor Son. Any pointers from successful folks would be helpful. Below are my questions:

1)Applicants passport details- says as per Indian Passport or birth certificate. My son was born in Canada in ON, do I fill in the passport number etc. details from the Birth Certificate?
2) Who's signature should I upload?

1) Professional details of the applicant- who's details here? Father or Mother?
2) Proof of address - Both Father and Mother? attested copies?
4) Any other items to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance for your patience and help. If a link with minor OCI process or thread is available, kindly post it in the reply.
Have a good day all.
pl excuse me for trying to answer only points which many struggle with/are vague, remaining have absolute clarity on BLS website/checklist and/or are v straightforward.

1)Applicants passport details- says as per Indian Passport or birth certificate. My son was born in Canada in ON, do I fill in the passport number etc. details from the Birth Certificate? details should be based on CA passport
2) Who's signature should I upload? minor's TI/sign

1) Professional details of the applicant- who's details here? Father or Mother? child's - student/unemployed (sorry!) if not of school age!!
2) Proof of address - Both Father and Mother? attested copies? both, attested
4) Any other items to keep in mind? am assuming you'll submit an NOC

Last edited:

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Got the OCI today morning! thanks everyone.

Applied (Toronto ) - 30th April
Ackowledgement - 4th May
Processed - 28th May
Dispatched - 29th May
Document received at Toronto - 5th June
BLS update1 - passport ready for dispatch after obi OCI stamping - 5th June
BLS update2 - dispatched purolator tracking number - 6th June
Delivered to home - 7th June

I can see the OCI has my current Toronto home address; so if we change the address within Canada or move to USA; do we need to change the address in OCI as well ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

Ackowledgement - 4th May
Processed - 28th May
Dispatched - 29th May

I can see the OCI has my current Toronto home address; so if we change the address within Canada or move to USA; do we need to change the address in OCI as well ?
You can do it online - https://ociservices.gov.in/capchaActionMisc

Won't get a new OCI card because of that.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Ackowledgement - 4th May
Processed - 28th May
Dispatched - 29th May

Just to add to what @forw.jane mentioned
You can refer this link https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-renewal-and-updation/#:~:text=Reissuance of OCI cards will,after obtaining a new passport.

theAvengersFan

May 10, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
14-06-2022
AOR Received.
19-08-2022
Hi

I applied for OCI on April 27 and BLS tracker says “Passport Ready for Collection after OCI Stamping “ . But I paid for Courier Service at Bls Brampton Walk in.

Do I need to contact anyone or it will get updated by itself to Dispatched via courier?

thank you.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi

I applied for OCI on April 27 and BLS tracker says “Passport Ready for Collection after OCI Stamping “ . But I paid for Courier Service at Bls Brampton Walk in.

Do I need to contact anyone or it will get updated by itself to Dispatched via courier?

thank you.
Naa it’s automatically shipped
You can check purolator’s website and enter your application# CANxxxx see if you can get any tracking info

Last edited:
Reactions: theAvengersFan

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi guys, just quick post about my experience of applying OCI for my minor child:
1. I took every document with me as listed on the checklist. However they asked me for my and my wife's passport surrender certificate copy. Its not mentioned in the checklist anywhere but they still asked me. Anyway, had to get a quick copy of it at the copy desk. Cost me total 2$. Something to keep in mind for people applying for their minors OCI.
2. Below were the amount charged to me for the service. I opted to Purolator drop off. Can someone please confirm if these are normal charges?
BLS Service Fee: 1.50$ (This is legit for sure)
Courier Drop off fee: 53.10$ (This is ridiculous. Can someone confirm if this is what is being charged these days). I paid 26$ for my Purolator drop off for my OCI.
GST: 7.1$
Debit Card Fee: 0.7$
Document Copy Fee: 2$
BLS Verification fee 10$ (This they dont mention in the receipt. Was this charged for you guys?)
Total: 74.40$

Similar feeling of price gouging and unnecessary charges. Like me I am sure most of dont want to get into any argument as we need to get our documentation delivered. There was another guy who was arguing about something else. I am sure BLS were unreasonable but nothing we can do about it.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020
pl excuse me for trying to answer only points which many struggle with/are vague, remaining have absolute clarity on BLS website/checklist and/or are v straightforward.

1)Applicants passport details- says as per Indian Passport or birth certificate. My son was born in Canada in ON, do I fill in the passport number etc. details from the Birth Certificate? details should be based on CA passport
2) Who's signature should I upload? minor's TI/sign

1) Professional details of the applicant- who's details here? Father or Mother? child's - student/unemployed (sorry!) if not of school age!!
2) Proof of address - Both Father and Mother? attested copies? both, attested
4) Any other items to keep in mind? am assuming you'll submit an NOC
Thank you for the clarification and patience. Again just to clarify, on the OCI services webpage the help document where it says details from Indian passport or birth certificate - I’ve to fill in the canada passport details for my son?
Also the professional details is it a letter stating not school going age and self attested by mother and father?
On the BLS checklist at the bottom there is the applicant signature - is it TI of the minor again? Would you be able to clarify this please? Thanks a lot

Imran1990

May 1, 2024
Hi
I have a same thing show up. Is there any estimated delivery date mention or not? when we suppose to get it?
On the BLS site you will see a tracking number like 608719426791 in the comments (example below) , enter the tracking number or the application id like CANT0B2C9N25 at https://www.purolator.com/en/shipping/tracker and you will see an estimated delivery date, you can even register your email to get email when package is picked up/out for delivery etc.
Application Status
(Passport ready For Dispatch after OCI stamping)
Additional Infomation
#CommentsOn
1 Document dispatched with the tracking number:608719426791 2024-06-04 12:33:11

theAvengersFan

May 10, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
14-06-2022
AOR Received.
19-08-2022
Naa it’s automatically shipped
You can check purolator’s website and enter your application# CANxxxx see if you can get any tracking info

service :
Service Fee :CAD 371.00
ICWF Charge :CAD 5.00
Total (A) :CAD 376.00
BLS Service Fee:CAD 1.50
HST/GST Total :CAD 7.1
Debit Card Fee :CAD 0.70
Total (B) :CAD 62.40
Grand Total (A+B): CAD 438.40

Even though I paid for courier, It doesn’t show on the receipt and when I called customer care, they say they don’t see I paid for courier as well.

what should be done in that case?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
service :
Service Fee :CAD 371.00
ICWF Charge :CAD 5.00
Total (A) :CAD 376.00
BLS Service Fee:CAD 1.50
HST/GST Total :CAD 7.1
Debit Card Fee :CAD 0.70
Total (B) :CAD 62.40
Grand Total (A+B): CAD 438.40

Even though I paid for courier, It doesn’t show on the receipt and when I called customer care, they say they don’t see I paid for courier as well.

what should be done in that case?
Don’t trust what the call centre person told you

Reactions: theAvengersFan

Nitishsuri

Jul 5, 2018
My Bank RBC said for the draft, The Consulate General of India - Toronto does not fit on their system, so they made a draft for The Consulate General of india. They told me they always made draft for this name and removed Toronto. Has anyone had this experience before?