+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
My Bank RBC said for the draft, The Consulate General of India - Toronto does not fit on their system, so they made a draft for The Consulate General of india. They told me they always made draft for this name and removed Toronto. Has anyone had this experience before?
That is really weird. CIBC had no problem all these times when I got bank draft for the whole description.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My Bank RBC said for the draft, The Consulate General of India - Toronto does not fit on their system, so they made a draft for The Consulate General of india. They told me they always made draft for this name and removed Toronto. Has anyone had this experience before?
BLS might not accept it.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
service :
Service Fee :CAD 371.00
ICWF Charge :CAD 5.00
Total (A) :CAD 376.00
BLS Service Fee:CAD 1.50
HST/GST Total :CAD 7.1
Debit Card Fee :CAD 0.70
Total (B) :CAD 62.40
Grand Total (A+B): CAD 438.40

Even though I paid for courier, It doesn’t show on the receipt and when I called customer care, they say they don’t see I paid for courier as well.

what should be done in that case?
that $60+ charge is for courier. call center person was high.

theAvengersFan

May 10, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
14-06-2022
AOR Received.
19-08-2022
that $60+ charge is for courier. call center person was high.
Since it does not show on the receipt and they can’t see it on their end as well, they asked me to submit receipt to cccanada@blsinternational.net
They could see the same thing as shown on the table. I tried to convince them there are 53.10$ amount of charge missing on the receipt and that is for courier. The representative at BLS made a mistake in the receipt. But they wouldn’t budge. They kept saying I can collect the courier from The BLS Centre

So, I did submit the receipt Yesterday. And no reply since then. I just hope that I don’t have to pay the courier fees again.
They already charged 62.40$ (whereas it should have been only 40$) for courier and some bogus charges of 10$ for PC 10-10 pack (Passport Cover I believe, and I didn’t receive any of such product at all).

I tried tracking on Purolator website using CANTxxxxx number, but no results found.

BLS tracker is showing “Passport is Ready for collection after OCI stamping “ since Wednesday.

• Angry
Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Since it does not show on the receipt and they can’t see it on their end as well, they asked me to submit receipt to cccanada@blsinternational.net
They could see the same thing as shown on the table. I tried to convince them there are 53.10$ amount of charge missing on the receipt and that is for courier. The representative at BLS made a mistake in the receipt. But they wouldn’t budge. They kept saying I can collect the courier from The BLS Centre

So, I did submit the receipt Yesterday. And no reply since then. I just hope that I don’t have to pay the courier fees again.
They already charged 62.40$ (whereas it should have been only 40$) for courier and some bogus charges of 10$ for PC 10-10 pack (Passport Cover I believe, and I didn’t receive any of such product at all).

I tried tracking on Purolator website using CANTxxxxx number, but no results found.

BLS tracker is showing “Passport is Ready for collection after OCI stamping “ since Wednesday.
You not interested in collecting it in person?

theAvengersFan

May 10, 2020
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
14-06-2022
AOR Received.
19-08-2022
You not interested in collecting it in person?
I live 4 hour drive from Brampton. That’s why I paid for the courier in first place.

Hypothetically, even if I visit BLS Brampton to collect OCI, they are not going to refund my money. Are they?

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other

that is SO UPSETTING and unfair! it is giving me second hand anger.
follow up like mad, ask them what the amount is for if not courier. just doesn't make sense to go in person. and if you do that/once you have your OCI, that drive will go away to get a refund.

Reactions: theAvengersFan

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Thank you for the clarification and patience. Again just to clarify, on the OCI services webpage the help document where it says details from Indian passport or birth certificate - I’ve to fill in the canada passport details for my son?
Also the professional details is it a letter stating not school going age and self attested by mother and father?
On the BLS checklist at the bottom there is the applicant signature - is it TI of the minor again? Would you be able to clarify this please? Thanks a lot
CA pp because your child was born here, never had an IN pp
yes a basic letter stating the facts, signed by any one parent. this is just in case. 99% they will return the letter.
yes, child's TI.

SriTLIN

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi, My Indian Passport had my village name printed in "Place of Birth" field, where as my Canada passport has City name (filled in City name in Canada passport application, since CANADA Passport form was asking for city name).
And my COPR has part of my village name, since it was very long

In this case, should i get my Canada passport 'Place of Birth' corrected with the details on my INDIA passport (to be in sync with COPR) or should I get a Notarized Affidavit for my OCI application ? Please help, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

a1_gaurav

Jun 3, 2024
Date Of Acknowledgment06-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-MAY-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn31-MAY-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn08-JUN-2024

BLS
Application Status
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Can I expect to receive the OCI by Thursday through courier. I have to travel on Friday. Will calling BLS help to expedite ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Date Of Acknowledgment06-MAY-2024
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn30-MAY-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn31-MAY-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn08-JUN-2024

BLS

Application Status
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Can I expect to receive the OCI by Thursday through courier. I have to travel on Friday. Will calling BLS help to expedite ?
Better to email BLS if they can provide you the tracking#
Also keep checking purolator's website using the application# (CANTxxxx)