+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Sorry to hear that. Looks like it was error from their side . In this case you can do anything besides submitting new applications. You have to refill forms with updating new information. You can’t submit application as your PNP nomination is expired. First step is you should submit Post nomination request to PNP office. For that you should email them and attach your application for PR is returned incomplete. They will extend your nomination certificate. It can take around 1-3 months. For meantime you can’t do anything besides waiting.
Thanks for the quick response, @Miss bee This is the second time I've resubmitted the application and the first application also had 'Not Applicable' for this section and they were OK with that then. I'm now skeptical as to what answer they expect in my 3rd re-submission as this would be my final attempt and I can't risk the application to be returned again.

If this was an error from their side, a webform kind of facility what have been better.

Kindly suggest on how/where to submit the post nomination request to the PNP office?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the quick response, @Miss bee This is the second time I've resubmitted the application and the first application also had 'Not Applicable' for this section and they were OK with that then. I'm now skeptical as to what answer they expect in my 3rd re-submission as this would be my final attempt and I can't risk the application to be returned again.

If this was an error from their side, a webform kind of facility what have been better.

Kindly suggest on how/where to submit the post nomination request to the PNP office?
To request a nomination extension, you must provide:
  • a letter of explanation describing the reason to extend your Nomination Certificate and/or
  • a copy of the incomplete letter from IRCC (if applicable)

Attached is link you need to submit to OINP . In that form there is option for extension of nomination. You have to select that . Also attach proof that your application was returned.
https://www.ontarioimmigration.gov.on.ca/oinp_index/resources/app/home/index.html#!/form

Tmmy

Mar 19, 2024
My non-express entry PR application was returned yesterday (after just over 3 months) for the following reason:

A completed Additional Family Information (IMM5406). Section B is incomplete.

I looked at the submitted application and noticed that the IMM5406 Section B is for the dependent children. I have marked this as 'Not Applicable' as per the suggestion in the form itself.

The form mentions "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. If a section does not apply, write “Not Applicable.

Dependent children in my case are less the 18 years of age and are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents, hence I marked the section as 'Not Applicable'.

They still returned my application. Is there a way I can dispute this and save some time by not resubmitting the application?

I can resubmit it but my provincial nomination has expired for which I have to send a request for extension and I don't know how much time it takes and in case they approve it, and then another 3 months or so of wait before I get an AOR.

@Miss bee and others: Any insights or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks for all the help and support so far.
My understanding is IMM5406 has 3 sections A, B, and C for both the principal applicant and the spouse. A is about the applicant, Mother & Father, B-Children, and C-Sibling, and the same goes for dependent (spouse) to declare A, B, and C.

kirby97

Sep 13, 2018
Sorry to hear that. Looks like it was error from their side . In this case you can do anything besides submitting new applications. You have to refill forms with updating new information. You can’t submit application as your PNP nomination is expired. First step is you should submit Post nomination request to PNP office. For that you should email them and attach your application for PR is returned incomplete. They will extend your nomination certificate. It can take around 1-3 months. For meantime you can’t do anything besides waiting.
In my IMM5406 form, I left section B ( children ) and relationship empty as I don’t have children or in a relationship. I didn’t type “Not Applicable”. I can’t remember if there was a checkbox to select “I don’t have children/spouse”.

Do you think this could cause them to return my application before AOR? Should I send a web form and update the form?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
In my IMM5406 form, I left section B ( children ) and relationship empty as I don’t have children or in a relationship. I didn’t type “Not Applicable”. I can’t remember if there was a checkbox to select “I don’t have children/spouse”.

Do you think this could cause them to return my application before AOR? Should I send a web form and update the form?
You should have fille N/A or not applicable. Webform won’t work now . Unfortunately you have started everything from scratch.

kirby97

Sep 13, 2018
You should have fille N/A or not applicable. Webform won’t work now . Unfortunately you have started everything from scratch.
Are you sure about that??? I’m getting super stressed right now.

There is a downloadable IMM5406e from Canada.ca that I could fill it out. I’ll fill it out quickly and send a web form just in case.

You think I have to start from scratch because the imm5406 is filled in within the PR portal right?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Are you sure about that??? I’m getting super stressed right now.

There is a downloadable IMM5406e from Canada.ca that I could fill it out. I’ll fill it out quickly and send a web form just in case.

You think I have to start from scratch because the imm5406 is filled in within the PR portal right?
You should wait . If your application is not returned yet . It all depends on officer who check your application and upload in system. Some are really picky. Don’t panic.

kirby97

Sep 13, 2018
You should wait . If your application is not returned yet . It all depends on officer who check your application and upload in system. Some are really picky. Don’t panic.
I guess it's all based on luck at this point. They might not pay attention to it and get AOR.

But also if I had to submit a web form, it would bring them attention to it and return my application.

I guess it won't be a nice long weekend for me.

James_J

Aug 11, 2022
good morning all, quick question to this group, can someone pursue Express entry route to PR even if he's already in line for Non Express entry route ?

The_SantaHS

Jun 26, 2024
good morning all, quick question to this group, can someone pursue Express entry route to PR even if he's already in line for Non Express entry route ?
Yes, you can create a profile on EE and apply if you get invited. There is no problem in having two PR processes at the same time.

Neelam12

Jun 28, 2024
Category........
PNP
Inland Non-EE AB PNP
PVO: Sydney SVO: Ottawa
09 Oct 2023 - Application submission
24 Jan 2024 - AOR and biometric request
07 Feb 2024 - Biometrics provided
20 Feb 2024 - Medical requested
24 Feb 2024 - PAL
28 Feb 2024 - Medical provided and showed completed same day on tracker

Waiting for background check to be completed since then. Is there anyone with a similar timeline?

Reactions: Purv Patel