Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-04-2024
I have interview appointment at the USA embassy as I have applied to a B2 visa to visit USA back in 2022. I am afraid to get a rejection for whatever reason that might affect my PR process also now I am waiting for the background check and eligibility steps as all other things finished.

Should I just cancel my appointment or it is ok to go even If I got a rejection?

Also does anyone know if they stamp the passport with a rejection stamp or something that might cause problems later?
I will answer in detail about US Visa process, then answer about rejection with my knowledge.
Firstly, US B2 visa is 10 seconds interview process. Just be prepared with basic questions,
1. When did you reach Canada?
2. What is your Current Status?
3. When will you return to Home country? ( before expiry date of current permit)
4. Purpose of your Visit to US?
5. Do you have any family member in US( if you have mentioned yes in application submission, reply the same. if No, then it will be more smoother) ** very important question.
6. What is your financial backup ? (Job, Paystubs, bank statement).

They might reject your application for any wrong information, but I don't think there will be rejection stamp on your passport.
People got rejection in Study Permit, Work Permit and still got PR, which is Canada Visa's. This is US this shouldn't impact your PR by anyway.
In case of rejection, you might have issue in reapplying but not for immigration unless if any big false info highlighted and it was flagged.

I will say, if your information's were genuine, then go-ahead with the interview. good luck.

Please look for other's response too. :)

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have interview appointment at the USA embassy as I have applied to a B2 visa to visit USA back in 2022. I am afraid to get a rejection for whatever reason that might affect my PR process also now I am waiting for the background check and eligibility steps as all other things finished.

Should I just cancel my appointment or it is ok to go even If I got a rejection?

Also does anyone know if they stamp the passport with a rejection stamp or something that might cause problems later?
Not a big issue. Even if you get refusal for your US visa , your application won’t be cancelled or refused. It won’t have any negative impact. So work and go ahead for interview.

velnetik

Jun 27, 2024
Hey Folks,

Does anyone know if this timeline is out of ordinary or not?

21 Nov 2023 - Submitted
26 Feb 2024 - AOR
22 Mar 2024 - Biometrics Provided and completed
10 Apr 2024 - PAL
11 Apr 2024 - Ghost update on tracker

Background check in progress ever since. I got GCMS and GCMS suggests that Criminality is in progress, security not started, infosharing and background complete.

How long can criminality take? it's been a month and a half

Reactions: The_SantaHS

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
My non-express entry PR application was returned yesterday (after just over 3 months) for the following reason:

A completed Additional Family Information (IMM5406). Section B is incomplete.

I looked at the submitted application and noticed that the IMM5406 Section B is for the dependent children. I have marked this as 'Not Applicable' as per the suggestion in the form itself.

The form mentions "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. If a section does not apply, write “Not Applicable.

Dependent children in my case are less the 18 years of age and are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents, hence I marked the section as 'Not Applicable'.

They still returned my application. Is there a way I can dispute this and save some time by not resubmitting the application?

I can resubmit it but my provincial nomination has expired for which I have to send a request for extension and I don't know how much time it takes and in case they approve it, and then another 3 months or so of wait before I get an AOR.

@Miss bee and others: Any insights or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks for all the help and support so far.

Last edited:

dingkoy

Jun 18, 2024
Winnipeg MB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
26-08-2024
Nomination.....
24-01-2024
AOR Received.
01-05-2024
Hey Folks,

21 Nov 2023 - Submitted
26 Feb 2024 - AOR
10 Apr 2024 - PAL

Background check in progress ever since. I got GCMS and GCMS suggests that Criminality is in progress, security not started, infosharing and background complete.

How do you request gcms notes? do you have link i can apply. Thanks, i just wanna try .

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
My non-express entry PR application was returned yesterday (after just over 3 months) for the following reason:

A completed Additional Family Information (IMM5406). Section B is incomplete.

I looked at the submitted application and noticed that the IMM5406 Section B is for the dependent children. I have marked this as 'Not Applicable' as per the suggestion in the form itself.

The form mentions "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. If a section does not apply, write “Not Applicable.

Dependent children in my case are less the 18 years of age and are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents, hence I marked the section as 'Not Applicable'.

They still returned my application. Is there a way I can dispute this and save some time by not resubmitting the application?

I can resubmit it but my provincial nomination has expired for which I have to send a request for extension and I don't know how much time it takes and in case they approve it, and then another 3 months or so of wait before I get an AOR.

@Miss bee and others: Any insights or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks for all the help and support so far.
Sorry to hear that. Looks like it was error from their side . In this case you can do anything besides submitting new applications. You have to refill forms with updating new information. You can’t submit application as your PNP nomination is expired. First step is you should submit Post nomination request to PNP office. For that you should email them and attach your application for PR is returned incomplete. They will extend your nomination certificate. It can take around 1-3 months. For meantime you can’t do anything besides waiting.

velnetik

Jun 27, 2024
Hey Folks,

21 Nov 2023 - Submitted
26 Feb 2024 - AOR
10 Apr 2024 - PAL

Completely forgot to mention, my primary VO is winnipeg and secondary is CIO

Any insight would be appreciated. This is OINP international student stream