+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No Indian PCC even after 8 weeks

chanpreet09

Oct 1, 2012
Hi Everyone
i have reveived an email from the immigration which says the following

From each country/state (India) where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an ORIGINAL police clearance certificate for yourself.
Ø A set of ORIGINAL fingerprints for yourself.

Since the age of 18 i am living in Canada as i was 17 years and 10 months when i came to Canada, and i have been to India twice only for few weeks since i came here. So i am bit confused here as it says to provide a police clearance certificate since the age of 18.

What do i have to provide them so confused
Please help
Thanks

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hi Braveman,

Did you got your PCC done? how many days/weeks it took to complete. Please respond to this at earliest.

braveman said:
congrats gg!

hi friends,
my question is.....

Can I submit PR Application without Indian PCC??
Once I get Indian PCC (maybe after a month or two....donno how long this PCC process will take...god only knows) can I send it to visa officer?

yes, vfs is totally useless. they are not even replying properly. and lil rude people too.....

sukhi123

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help me m so much worried about this PCC, I applied on 19th OCt, still saying under process. I applied from VFS global brampton. No one is giving me answer, I am about to cry seriously..:-(

I am in canada from 3 years, I went to india before OCT 2012 from september to october. But before I go to india I applied for PCC from CGI toronto with Birth certificate and received within 10 days. As CCi said that it should not be older than 3 months and I need to apply for my file now in december. Please suggest me if I can use my old PCC which was issued 4 months earlier. or I can get it from India as well. Please suggetn m in big trouble..

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Sukhi123,

I do not think there is something to worry so much. We could get PCC within 04 to 05 days earlier but now the backlog has built up. Ones who had applied in mid Oct are getting their PCCs now. One of my friends got it just a day back. So if you had applied on 19th Oct, expect it next week (provided there is no hiccup of backlog jamming up again).

Alternatively you can very well go ahead and send your PR application without PCC. It will not delay your processing in any way in the initial phase. Once you receive you AOR (subject to other requirements completed), you can submit your PCC quoting the AOR.

Sending PCC 04 months older will not serve any purpose. CIC will not accept it.

sukhi123

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andy I am so much thankful to you! But if am in canada can I get it from INDIA as it will be more easy to get from there and my parents can courier to me...

and will it make any difference if I personally got to cgi and meet someone overthere? please suggest something

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
Sukhi, if my understanding is right, you cannot get a PCC from India (without you being physically present in India). You will have to apply (in person) with the State Police HQ or Passport Seva Kendra and get it. Your parents will not be able to get a PCC on your behalf provided you do not take a different route which Anna Hazare was recently fighting against ;)

Yes, if you can go to CGI in person and request, you might get it quickly coz it is more than 06 weeks that you have applied. Again, speaking to VFS is waste of time, they have no say in the matter.

sukhi123

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I realized the value that why my parents were pushing me to go canada but I always said to them i love inida as I was a kid. But eventhough I am having tears in my eyes while writing it that is it my fault that i born in india. Its so horrible to get work done from India Govt.... well thank you so much andy, God bless you!

Andy2109

Champion Member
May 7, 2012
London Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 Jan 13
AOR Received.
17 Feb 13
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23 Oct 13
We're waiting for the pendulum to swing back again, which I am absolutely confident it will.
- Don Bluth

gaurav18

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
28-11-2013
Med's Done....
3-12-2013
I went to Toronto Consulate yesterday and the officer gave me my passport with PCC right there. He was very helpful unlike 1st person when I met 2 weeks before. He said he will check basic thing with my passport and if there are no issues he will issue PCC right now. :D

This was amazing. I got PCC exactly after 2 months. These are few tips from me and not sure which worked. I too did apply using VFS.

1) Wait for 6 weeks time frame to over before you start to become paranoid. I personally dont think Indian counterpart should ever take so much time to clear file but they do...

2) Keep sending emails to Indian consulate asking about the status of you application - IMPORTANT be polite on email. You are sending emails to Vice-Consul and Consul ids and dont think they are peon types so please be polite when asking for status.
I sent at least 6 - 7 emails. Though they never replied back but at least i know it never bounced back so emails ids are working and someone must be reading it or getting recorded.

3) If you think you can provide itinerary for your trip that will help. In my case I have to travel to US next week but the officer actually didnt bother to check my ticket he just checked the date when I applied for PCC

4) If first time it doesnt work for you; please go again at Consulate after week to two based on your earlier interview with officer.

All tips above are assuming that you are like any ordinary law abiding person with no criminal background or offending activities on your name in the local Police Station in india.

Also VFS doesnt know shit so please dont bother calling them asking for status if you know you application is with Consulate.

Good luck
g

sukhi123

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gaurav

Thank you so much for this info. I just want to ask that did you meet with person who sit on windows? or some one with high authoroties.? I am willing to go as m in so short period of time.. please let me know..its been 8 weeks now

gaurav18

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
28-11-2013
Med's Done....
3-12-2013
No just the same window (i think its #2 for passports) but the person was different than other time i visited.

Good luck

sukhi123

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not have any ticket booked.. So can i just show them an iternary (can be canceled after 24hrs?) by booking from any other travel agent? will that work?

When you visited first time what did they said to you?

Moreover what time I need to go by tomorrow? what time they are willing to gve passport and PCC ?

gaurav18

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
28-11-2013
Med's Done....
3-12-2013
hi Sukhi - first time he vaguely said wait for a week and i actually waited for 2-3 weeks before i can go there. I didnt have time nor vacation to spare -

you can try with itinerary part, you can check the timings at their web site but earlier is better. i was there by 10:30

sukhi123

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you again gaurav :) i will go therte by tomorrow then ... :)

God bless you with your further process of aaplication..