None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Hopefulval said:
Our Dear Kollins,
I beg to differ a little on this. I am not very vast in knowledge about any of CIC or CIC Ghana's workings so I beg your pardon in advance for my ignorance or any seemingly misleading information. It is not my intention to mislead.
However, as I am not a fan of bank drafts at all, I have always preferred card payments which I can monitor to any other kind of payment. Besides, GTB's charges are quite high compared to most banks. So I found on the seniors' forum by Igbehinadara (at the bottom of page 1993) someone who had paid RPRF online. I researched this a while ago and these are my humble findings: You just need to register online at the CIC payment website (Not the local Ghana one), you also need 3 days clearing time after payment with your card to get your receipt and then upon receipt you send it in with your documents. However, this is a personal opinion. To be on the safe side, you can do as those who were quick to receive PPR have done.
Thank you for your audience.
Thanks my OGA at the top........you really flattered me oooooooooo.
I know the online payment is possible but we're just trying to play safe in guiding eachother especially since the guide we're presenting is actually what is generally accepted by Ghanian visa office.I know about the post you're talking about...just want us to be careful about it.Since you have starting a little bit of research,I'll do the same to see if it can be beneficial for the rest of us......possibly ,I'll try to get word from Accra visa office by sending a mail to them to ask if it is acceptable by them for the current stream.
Personally ,I'm not a fan of drafts but gtbank made me have issues with my credit card in my first application to CIC which resulted in the return of my application which is why I've always been careful on the online stuff payment especially with reference to FSW .
Thanks for hint up.....I'll see what finding i can check........your info isn't misleading,rather it's educating and an eye opener to better ways of doing it.
Thanks once again.
Cheers.

Hopefulval

Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Result & PCC sent
Nomination.....
PER 01/15/2014
kollins said:
Thanks my OGA at the top........you really flattered me oooooooooo.
I know the online payment is possible but we're just trying to play safe in guiding eachother especially since the guide we're presenting is actually what is generally accepted by Ghanian visa office.I know about the post you're talking about...just want us to be careful about it.Since you have starting a little bit of research,I'll do the same to see if it can be beneficial for the rest of us......possibly ,I'll try to get word from Accra visa office by sending a mail to them to ask if it is acceptable by them for the current stream.
Personally ,I'm not a fan of drafts but gtbank made me have issues with my credit card in my first application to CIC which resulted in the return of my application which is why I've always been careful on the online stuff payment especially with reference to FSW .
Thanks for hint up.....I'll see what finding i can check........your info isn't misleading,rather it's educating and an eye opener to better ways odd doing it.
Thanks once again.
Cheers.
No flattery intended at all. And I no be Oga oh! I beg put me down oh! Seriously sha! You are certainly a blessing to this forum moreso for your consistency even when some of us have been disillusioned in the past. Thank you for keeping things alive and for your prompt and helpful responses! You shall experience no delay with AVO IJN! Do I hear an Amen to that! :D ;)

Lol! Sorry I honestly try to be serious sometimes but I can't help myself. I wish you and all of us waiting speedy correspondence from AVO. God bless us all!

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
Hopefulval said:
No flattery intended at all. And I no be Oga oh! I beg put me down oh! Seriously sha! You are certainly a blessing to this forum moreso for your consistency even when some of us have been disillusioned in the past. Thank you for keeping things alive and for your prompt and helpful responses! You shall experience no delay with AVO IJN! Do I hear an Amen to that! :D ;)
Lol! Sorry I honestly try to be serious sometimes but I can't help myself. I wish you and all of us waiting speedy correspondence from AVO. God bless us all!
AMEN OOOOOOOOOO.
In my research ,I find the online payment to be very easy to use.Apart from the registration you will do on CIC site,no bottlenecks involved.
What I can't confirm is the acceptability by Accra visa office.The applicant who made mention of it on the thread you made mentioned of actually used gtbank draft to pay for his rprf fee despite advising fellow applicants on using the online portal .Why I am doubting the acceptability of Accra visa office on this mode of payment is in the instructions of the medical request been sent to applicants.This is apart from the fact that they even stated their preference of payment the on Accra visa office website.
I will like one of our earlier applicants to confirm the contents of medical request received to actually know if online payment for rprf is accepted.......with emphasis on the red colored comments by the visa office that sent this request.
I have a medical request of a buddy of to display here for comparison.......please see below.
"
The email received from email address
CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

Date: September 26, 2014

UCI: 911XXXXX
Application: E000XXXXX

Email: XXXX @ gmail.com

XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

• Medical examination for you and your family (Medical Instructions will be sent separately via email within the next 48 hours)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF will be refunded if the application is refused, if you withdraw your application or if you choose not to use your visa. Please follow these steps:

• Go to the website: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
• Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
• Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Right of Permanent Residence Fee”
• You must pay this fee once for yourself as principal applicant and your spouse
• Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the fee of $490
• Click “Submit”
• Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with a credit card
Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. You must send the receipt to CPP-O.

Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:
Attention: Program Assistant CL01871 – CPP-O
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this e-mail. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated above.

If we do not hear from you within 60 days, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file and your application may be refused.

All e-mail enquiries should be sent to the following address only:
cpc-ctd-ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement de Demandes - Ottawa – CL01871
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
E-mail I Courriel : cpc-ctd-ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca
Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

+++++++++++++++
Désistement : En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas"

Looking at the request above,the visa office specifically showed that rprf payment online is acceptable.Can we confirm if it's same for Accra ?
Just don't want to put any of us in bottle necks.
Cheers .

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Oreke on the receipt of your MR. More to come.

I have being pondering of late over a matter and i want us to share our knowledge about it.

Is it possible for a canadian permanent residence visa to be transferred from the old passport which is nearing expiration or has expired to a new one before leaving Nigeria for Canada. For example, ones passport will expire in August,2015 and let us say the person got his/her canadian permanent residence visa in January,2015.But the person wants to attend and all important function in september 2015; can the visa be transferred into the new passport if the person request for renewal before travelling?

How is the visa expiration for a passport that is about to expire worked out? I learnt that the date of expiration of the passport will be the date of expiration of the visa.How true is this?

tinnyfrontier

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Nomination.....
12-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
GENTLEANDREW said:

I have being pondering of late over a matter and i want us to share our knowledge about it.

Is it possible for a canadian permanent residence visa to be transferred from the old passport which is nearing expiration or has expired to a new one before leaving Nigeria for Canada. For example, ones passport will expire in August,2015 and let us say the person got his/her canadian permanent residence visa in January,2015.But the person wants to attend and all important function in september 2015; can the visa be transferred into the new passport if the person request for renewal before travelling?

How is the visa expiration for a passport that is about to expire worked out? I learnt that the date of expiration of the passport will be the date of expiration of the visa.How true is this?
That is a tight situation as the medical might have expired too, considering the fact that you can renew your passport within 6 months of its expiration. You might have to review what you have to do besides this is just a speculation of dates. It is well!

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinnyfrontier said:
That is a tight situation as the medical might have expired too, considering the fact that you can renew your passport within 6 months of its expiration. You might have to review what you have to do besides this is just a speculation of dates. It is well!

Tinnyfrontier,thanks for your comment. The date for the passport expiration is not speculated ; reality, though medicals have not been completed yet.

Digging up from the seniors achieve ; i found this :

Hi ginacom2003

Just to clarify, are you suggesting to get a new passport after the Visa has been stamped on to the 'about to expire passport', I will say to confirm from Accra again, I had a similar issue a while back and sent a mail, the response sent is copied below, the summary though is if you get a new passport after the visa has been issued, you must return to Accra again to have the Visa transferred to the new passport!

Hello,

In that case you must submit both the old and new passports and pay re-issuance fee (bank draft of GHC50.00) so that a new visa will be issued in the new passport.

Thank you,

Immigration Section - Section d'immigration (KAS)
Canadian High Commission
accra.immigration @ international.gc.ca

I hope it is true; if it is, i will be very very happy.

Gandalf

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
GENTLEANDREW said:

If you request for renewal of passport you dont necessarily get a new passport. They will stamp a renewal on the old one with a new expiration date. So it will be the old passport with all details except they will stamp and sign a new expiration date.

The expiration of visa is one year from the day of your medical or the date of ur passport expiration which ever comes first.

phunrae

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
Congratulations to all the new MR recipients and Congratulations in advance to all waitin g in line, though it tarries it shall surely come for it will not tarry for long, amen

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014 ; Passport Pick-up: 18-11-2014 ; Passport Delivery: 21-11-2014
LANDED..........
Next year, 2015. By God's grace
@ Floxzy. How long does it take, in your case, to receive medical information and forms after MR because its almost 24 hours I received my MR.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gandalf said:
If you request for renewal of passport you dont necessarily get a new passport. They will stamp a renewal on the old one with a new expiration date. So it will be the old passport with all details except they will stamp and sign a new expiration date.

The expiration of visa is one year from the day of your medical or the date of ur passport expiration which ever comes first.

Great information•That means that it is possible

Gandalf

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
GENTLEANDREW said:
Great information•That means that it is possible
Yes from my personal expirience, if your passport is being renewed it does not in anyway affect the visa that is stamped on it since it is still the old passport except for the new expiration date that is stamped on it so the question of whether it is possible to transfer to a new passport does not exist at all.

Having said that, I'll suggest that if ur passport has less than a year to expire you can just go to immigration to have it renewed b4 sending to accra so that when they stamp ur pr visa, it will not be based on the passport expiration date but ur medical except u dont mind if given a shorter time to use it.

Loofy

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
02-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Passport Req..
08-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
kit01 said:
@ Floxzy. How long does it take, in your case, to receive medical information and forms after MR because its almost 24 hours I received my MR.
Relax,
U will get it before close of business today

Hopefulval

Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Result & PCC sent
Nomination.....
PER 01/15/2014
GENTLEANDREW said:

I can confirm that I currently travel around with 2 passports. One old one containing a 10 year visa that expires in 2020 in a passport that expired in 2012 and my current passport which is valid for the date and contains other visas. It has never been a problem at any border. However, this is option 1. The second option is to Land and come back home and not return until you receive your permanent residency card as you PRV is a single entry visa. You then have all the time to renew your passport without any time constraint.

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
Gandalf said:

That was the old system I'm sure now you have to get a new passport all together. I just renewed mine and I had to do all the works. Necessary documents, forms and capturing. My passport will be expiring in December and I decided to get a new one so as to avoid this kind of situation. My old passport willstill be useful as I have all my valid visas on it. So for now they are both attached and that's how I intend to send it to Accra if I get PPR

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RonD75 said:
That was the old system I'm sure now you have to get a new passport all together. I just renewed mine and I had to do all the works. Necessary documents, forms and capturing. My passport will be expiring in December and I decided to get a new one so as to avoid this kind of situation. My old passport willstill be useful as I have all my valid visas on it. So for now they are both attached and that's how I intend to send it to Accra if I get PPR

Yes,it is really something one must try to avoid• I thought that it is 6 months before expiration? Is it now one year? This is the greatest of my concern because I am the one in question , if the PRV expiry date is august 2015 as per the date the passport will expire , if I renew my passport ,and inform Accra that my passport has been renewed and I am requesting that my PRV expiry change from the date of old passport expiry date to the one year of medical; is this feasible? This is majorly because I have a schedule for august 2015 which I really have to attend as the most important person•

Has anyone heard or read anything similar?