Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Hi guys, I read this on another thread and decided to share it. Hope it helps as we will soon be planing our landing by 2015

I landed in Calgary recently and I am very grateful to all the advise from the bros in this group, you guys are awesome , i found a job in customer service in a telecommunication company which pays $16 and hour, i can also work over time and get paid $24, good survival job

And i want to share with you something that i came across that i think each and everyone of us will consider very seriously.

As you all know, we have a problem when we move in Canada that we do not have job experience, so we have to start with a survival job , then try to upgrade our qualifications or work our way up. For people who need accreditation or licences, they have to do few extra stuff . However! I visited Mount Royal university in Calgary, and was asking about some courses, then found out they have a program starting in Jan 2015, its made specially for FSW. People who have education and experience, but lack Canadian experience. the difference between this program and lets say gov programs, that this one is only for experience FSW, who have the knowledge and the basic, but not aware of Canadian working culture and regulations. Or that's how i was told

they basically "educate" you on the Canadian industry in Oil&gas or engineering...etc they do not teach us the basics because as FSW we have job experience, that's why we got the PR, so they just tell us how Canada is " different" and what we needed to know in terms of regulations, job skills...etc, in an intensive manner, they introduce us to professional recruiters and headhunter, while we are still in class, we can hand them our CV and they will tell us about which opportunities they have. They told me which recruiting company is going to attend the program to meet the FSW, and it turned out to be the biggest recruiting company in Calgary!

I asked the Lady i spoke too about the fees and the details, she asked me to check the website in December. I do not know about you guys, but i see this is a great opportunity for me because
1- I will get a Canadian certificate which i can add to my CV
2- I will get interviewed by a professional recruiters, and get a job within my qualification
3- Rather than paying money just to get a certificate and learn what i already know, in this course i will know exactly what i want about the Canadian industry i want to work in (Oil & Gas). I checked some "Certificate" programs in Oil and gas, and they just teach the basics, just like any university. But i already know the basics i have 7 years experience!

As and when i get the information sent to me ( they said they will email me) i will post here for all the bros, if you are in Calgary, check this program out

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Debarge said:
All glory to Almighty God, my MR just arrived in my inbox. I was informed the forms will be sent tomorrow.Updated PCC and POF were also requested.
Congratulations n all the best

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
Congrats to Darams and Oreke. Looking forward to more MR rain

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
oreke said:
Glory be to the almighty! My sallah gift -MR
· RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee. For you and your spouse. For current fees and methods of payment, please see: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d

· Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature updated for all family members over 18 years.

· Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate.

· Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for yourself, and all family members. The information for this will follow by email shortly.

· Additional Family Information Form (IMM5406) fully complete by your spouse.
Fantastic gift :) Congratulations

Hopefulval

Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Result & PCC sent
Nomination.....
PER 01/15/2014
Chingy said:
Hi guys, I read this on another thread and decided to share it. Hope it helps as we will soon be planing our landing by 2015

I landed in Calgary recently and I am very grateful to all the advise from the bros in this group, you guys are awesome , i found a job in customer service in a telecommunication company which pays $16 and hour, i can also work over time and get paid $24, good survival job

And i want to share with you something that i came across that i think each and everyone of us will consider very seriously.

As you all know, we have a problem when we move in Canada that we do not have job experience, so we have to start with a survival job , then try to upgrade our qualifications or work our way up. For people who need accreditation or licences, they have to do few extra stuff . However! I visited Mount Royal university in Calgary, and was asking about some courses, then found out they have a program starting in Jan 2015, its made specially for FSW. People who have education and experience, but lack Canadian experience. the difference between this program and lets say gov programs, that this one is only for experience FSW, who have the knowledge and the basic, but not aware of Canadian working culture and regulations. Or that's how i was told

they basically "educate" you on the Canadian industry in Oil&gas or engineering...etc they do not teach us the basics because as FSW we have job experience, that's why we got the PR, so they just tell us how Canada is " different" and what we needed to know in terms of regulations, job skills...etc, in an intensive manner, they introduce us to professional recruiters and headhunter, while we are still in class, we can hand them our CV and they will tell us about which opportunities they have. They told me which recruiting company is going to attend the program to meet the FSW, and it turned out to be the biggest recruiting company in Calgary!

I asked the Lady i spoke too about the fees and the details, she asked me to check the website in December. I do not know about you guys, but i see this is a great opportunity for me because
2- I will get interviewed by a professional recruiters, and get a job within my qualification
3- Rather than paying money just to get a certificate and learn what i already know, in this course i will know exactly what i want about the Canadian industry i want to work in (Oil & Gas). I checked some "Certificate" programs in Oil and gas, and they just teach the basics, just like any university. But i already know the basics i have 7 years experience!

As and when i get the information sent to me ( they said they will email me) i will post here for all the bros, if you are in Calgary, check this program out

Thank you for this info Chingy.

Congrats to Debarge, Kit01 and Oreke! Here's wishing us all more MR rain.

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
nanonye said:
Congrats Debrage and Kit. I also saw on the other Naija page that Daramz also received MR today. So it was still an eventful day.

Get ready to receive yours Nwamarie, Pataki, Oreke, Don2263 and Gentleandrew.

At this rate,I see us all receiving our MR's before tuw end of November.

God be with us.
:) :) :) :) :)

NwaMarie

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-9-2013
AOR Received.
27-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
7/10/2014
Med's Done....
27/10/2014
Passport Req..
8/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2014
oreke said:
Glory be to the almighty! My sallah gift -MR
· RPRF: Pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee. For you and your spouse. For current fees and methods of payment, please see: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d

· Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature updated for all family members over 18 years.

· Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate.

· Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for yourself, and all family members. The information for this will follow by email shortly.

· Additional Family Information Form (IMM5406) fully complete by your spouse.
Congrats Oreke.

Hopefulval

Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Result & PCC sent
Nomination.....
PER 01/15/2014
kollins said:
Online payment for rprf isn't supported/allowed by Accra visa office.
Either 450USD or 490CAD or 1,565 GHC in draft or certified checquesare accepted......check link below for details.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ghana/visas/fees-frais.aspx
I'm sure you can raise the draft in Gtbank .
Cheers
Our Dear Kollins,

I beg to differ a little on this. I am not very vast in knowledge about any of CIC or CIC Ghana's workings so I beg your pardon in advance for my ignorance or any seemingly misleading information. It is not my intention to mislead.

However, as I am not a fan of bank drafts at all, I have always preferred card payments which I can monitor to any other kind of payment. Besides, GTB's charges are quite high compared to most banks. So I found on the seniors' forum by Igbehinadara (at the bottom of page 1993) someone who had paid RPRF online. I researched this a while ago and these are my humble findings: You just need to register online at the CIC payment website (Not the local Ghana one), you also need 3 days clearing time after payment with your card to get your receipt and then upon receipt you send it in with your documents. However, this is a personal opinion. To be on the safe side, you can do as those who were quick to receive PPR have done.

Thank you for your audience.

Floxzy

May 22, 2013
Lagos
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Chingy said:

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014 ; Passport Pick-up: 18-11-2014 ; Passport Delivery: 21-11-2014
LANDED..........
Next year, 2015. By God's grace
kollins said:
@ kit01,from the best of my knowledge,Kay_diwe is an FSW_2014/2015 applicants who's application was received in CIC on 26th May,2014 and got his PERS 17th Sept,2014.He belongs to the current stream of FSW and 2013/2014 stream.
There was an addition to the family which made the applicant to contact Accra to be able to add the new born to the application package.
Seems Accra just responded to the request which was shared for us....but because we are all caught up in MR happy mood,its confused for medical request......Its not and i'm sure the applicant will clarify this out.
Cheers.
OK. I was confused the way he wrote the stuff. Thanks for clarifying that,

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
thebaft said:
Congrats kay_diwe2014,

Just to add that there is no IMM008 Schedule A form. I guess it is just a typo. Please fill the IMM5669 Schedule A/ background declaration form. AVO sent the same thing to me and I almost went mad looking for the form.
Thanks a lot thebaft. Your assistance is always appreciated.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
kollins said:
@ kit01,from the best of my knowledge,Kay_diwe is an FSW_2014/2015 applicants who's application was received in CIC on 26th May,2014 and got his PERS 17th Sept,2014.He belongs to the current stream of FSW and 2013/2014 stream.
There was an addition to the family which made the applicant to contact Accra to be able to add the new born to the application package.
Seems Accra just responded to the request which was shared for us....but because we are all caught up in MR happy mood,its confused for medical request......Its not and i'm sure the applicant will clarify this out.
Cheers.
Kollins is right. I am a 2014/15 applicant with details above as posted by Kollins.

Thanks.

kay_diwe2014

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
kollins said:
Once again,Congrats on thr new addition in your family.
As you have been told,the IMM 0008 SCHEDULE A is just a typo error.
They actually meant IMM5669 Schedule A/ background declaration form.
Complete this form each for you and spouse and include it as part of the documents requested by Accra Visa office and send by courier to the address given to you.
Cheers.
Thanks kollins, Noted.

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Chingy said:
@ kit01, what was ur mode of POF, throw some light so dat others can hav an idea why u were not requested to update it, and was it enough for ur family size even after the increment??
So sorry for replying you this late. Well, all I can say is that it is God that did it. I actually submitted fixed deposit statement for myself of 3 months tenure and current account balance of 6 months for my spouse for a family of 4 to CIO which was well over the minimum requirement for family of 4 as at the time of submission to CIO and still is. Though I depleted the account after submitting the accounts and started building them up again in early august 2014 ever before floxzy got her MR back to initial sum submitted to CIO. As I write, I already have well above the minimum required funds as stipulated by CIC

I am also thinking that could it be that AVO have insider information into our accounts because some of this our big banks like zenith, Gtb, access, etc., have good representation in Ghana. Why i said this is because our accounts were already intact at last month ending and am very sure this was before AVO started reviewing my application.

Also a little bit over 2 months ago I renewed our expired passports (myself and daughter)and decided to inform them over CSE and seized the opportunity to inform them that my family composition remains same,

So it could be because of the info given them that they bothered not to ask but you also know that AVO is absolutely unpredictable. We have people that POF was requested even with excess POF.

But I will quickly add that I still have our POF intact and still building on it. We are very mindful of the fact that AVO can be very funny and ask after medicals-We pray they don't ask. We've read enough stories that they do ask after medicals and at the point of issuing PPR.

Its our sincere prayer and hope they don't ask. So I will seize this opportunity to advise all of us as I did some few days back to keep our POF intact. Its not over until you have your PPR, visa and COPR delivered to your doorstep. I am not pessimistic but trying to be on the safe side. You know AVO is full of surprises.

I hope have been able to answer you?

Cheers

kit01

Dec 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
Nomination.....
28-11-2013 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-10-2014
Interview........
None IJN
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I wish to thank everyone for your show of love on the receipt of my MR. May God grant us all speedy attention, positive accelerated hearing, and our hearts desire to land in Canada as PR from Accra in Jesus' name. Amen. No one will be left behind.