+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My ambitious attempt at trying to predict the number of ITAs for Jan. draw!!!

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
desertfox said:
Job match service will take some more time. But how to obtain LMIA for express entry is outlined at CIC website
There's hardly any detailed information on LMIA on the CIC website. Its just basic information. I even called service Canada the other day and the person Picking up the phone call couldn't properly answer my question on how to obtain LMIA for people already working on a PGWP. She gave me an email address and told me to email there. From my previous experience I would say that they will reply with giving me a link for LMIA application that I've already checked out and found incomplete. That's the kind of information gap that consultants utilize, more often than not, in a misleading way

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Monija said:
Does anyone know if there will be separate quotas for CEC FSW and others?
We are only guessing so far. But if I'd have to guess, I'd say they will use one single criteria for applicants from both streams.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Cause it was written on CIC page that after each draw they will let us know the lowest scores who got ITA and the streams that were the part of that draw. So I am assuming that there might be separate draws for different streams, right?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Draws are general for all programs normally. If there is a need to meet annual target of intakes in a specific program, CIC can do program-specific draws.

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
I think...
On the first draw, only those with job offers will be given an ITA.
What I want to know is who will get an ITA without a job offer. So I foresee that on the second draw, only the top 1 percent of those without job offers will be given an ITA. Because that will make people think "How can I make my points higher" so they'll spend to retake the General IELTS.

Or maybe the early months will be like a promo to attract customers, so they'll give a lot of ITA's, then the news will spread that it's easy to migrate to Canada so a lot of people will apply but by then it will be harder to get an ITA...

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Granadoespada said:
I think...
What I want to know is who will get an ITA without a job offer. So I foresee that on the second draw, only the top 1 percent of those without job offers will be given an ITA. Because that will make people think "How can I make my points higher" so they'll spend to retake the General IELTS.

Or maybe the early months will be like a promo to attract customers, so they'll give a lot of ITA's, then the news will spread that it's easy to migrate to Canada so a lot of people will apply but by then it will be harder to get an ITA...
Lol, so you're saying they did all these changes to make more money? Does it make sense to you? :)

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Granadoespada said:
I think...

ITAs are not walmart coupons

Ministerial Instructions regarding EE draw methods are laws that CIC bounds to follow. Every draws are going to be the same, at least until CIC announce changes. Even CIC admit the first couple draws are going to have less people with LMIA because no employer knows about it, then it will pick up down the road.

While CIC makes it sound friendly by naming it "Express entry", it's not an easier way to immigrate, rather, for some, it's much harder than before, if not impossible.

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
mf4361 said:
ITAs are not walmart coupons

Ministerial Instructions regarding EE draw methods are laws that CIC bounds to follow. Every draws are going to be the same, at least until CIC announce changes. Even CIC admit the first couple draws are going to have less people with LMIA because no employer knows about it, then it will pick up down the road.

While CIC makes it sound friendly by naming it "Express entry", it's not an easier way to immigrate, rather, for some, it's much harder than before, if not impossible.
Yes I know it's not like walmart coupons.

Yes... I think naming it Express Entry makes it sound like if I join, then I can enter, but it's actually not a guarantee that I can enter... So maybe call it express selection

sdv

Jan 16, 2015
I read an official CIC website about the EE draw and it gave me an idea of what to expect (of course, it's my personal opinion):

"These instructions will include:

the date and time of the draw,
the number of candidates that will get an ITA, and
if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) will be included in the draw

If the instructions do not specify which immigration program the candidates must be eligible for, the draw will be based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score"

This last sentence indicate that CIC should make two kinds of draws, one for Programs such as FSW, CEC and another for the top scorers in the EE pool.

I believe we'll have a list of NOCs for the FSW and a CAP for each NOC. So CIC will draw from the pool according to NOC experience and the 67 FSW 2014 points, otherwise they will draw the top ranked among the pool.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
sdv said:
I read an official CIC website about the EE draw and it gave me an idea of what to expect (of course, it's my personal opinion):

"These instructions will include:

the date and time of the draw,
the number of candidates that will get an ITA, and
if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) will be included in the draw

If the instructions do not specify which immigration program the candidates must be eligible for, the draw will be based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score"

This last sentence indicate that CIC should make two kinds of draws, one for Programs such as FSW, CEC and another for the top scorers in the EE pool.

I believe we'll have a list of NOCs for the FSW and a CAP for each NOC. So CIC will draw from the pool according to NOC experience and the 67 FSW 2014 points, otherwise they will draw the top ranked among the pool.
Stream specific-selection will still be based on the CRS.

They will not select FSW based on the 67 point system or whatever, all it means is that by default, they will issue say 1000 ITAs, these will go to the top 1000 candidates in the pool regardless of which programs they qualify for, NOC etc.

The other situation for example, is they say they will take 500 CEC, so they select the top CRS scores of candidates that qualify for CEC.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Granadoespada said:
I think...

I don't agree with you at all. You are way too pessimistic because you are afraid of something that you (or anybody) don't understand yet.

1st: almost nobody has a valid LMIA right now. If on the first draw they only call for applicants with job offer, they will make a draw of 50 people? Why would they have spent millions of dollars on a new program to get.. 50 immigrants? Almost everybody that had a LMIA on 2014 already applied for FSW - no caps either.

2nd: there aren't many applicants yet on EE. 5.000? 10.000? 15.000? I'm sure it's not more than that. If they only call 1% ... the second draw will have up to 150 people. So, again: they spend several million dollars to call 50 immigrants on the first draw and 150 on the second? 200 immigrants? Way to expensive.

3rd: yes! they want immigrants that speak English very well. That's the lead cause of unemployment among immigrants. They only search for immigrants that can really get adapted to Canada.

4th: Canada doesn't get a dime if everybody on Earth takes IELTS. They are only interested on applicants that speak English well.

5th: Promo? Are you kidding? Should they do a Fidelity Card like American Airlines or Hilton Honors? Why on earth would they say it's easy to go to Canada? What they want is to attract the best immigrants, period. And that those that are truly qualified should able to get there very fast.

6th: They should call about 25.000 applicants for FSW this year. They will have to call a lot of people and the draws will be large enough to accommodate that.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
doubleym said:
Stream specific-selection will still be based on the CRS.

They will not select FSW based on the 67 point system or whatever, all it means is that by default, they will issue say 1000 ITAs, these will go to the top 1000 candidates in the pool regardless of which programs they qualify for, NOC etc.

The other situation for example, is they say they will take 500 CEC, so they select the top CRS scores of candidates that qualify for CEC.
I agree with you 100%. That's the only way to see it.

I don't believe there will be a NOC list for FSW. Not for the first few months at least.