+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My ambitious attempt at trying to predict the number of ITAs for Jan. draw!!!

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
doubleym said:
Yup this is exactly the case. You only stand to lose points with a spouse, you cannot gain additional points.
It's hard to gain - but I did.

My wife has CLB 9+ on all skills + a bachelor's degree (and we had done her ECA for FSW).

Without her I would have 480 points. With her I got 482 points. Small difference, but possible nonetheless.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
idefix said:
It's hard to gain - but I did.

My wife has CLB 9+ on all skills + a bachelor's degree (and we had done her ECA for FSW).

Without her I would have 480 points. With her I got 482 points. Small difference, but possible nonetheless.
both of you should open EE profile if your spouse has skilled experience

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
desertfox said:
both of you should open EE profile if your spouse has skilled experience
We thought about it, but I have more points as principal applicant than she does. So what's the point on creating two profiles?

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
idefix said:
We thought about it, but I have more points as principal applicant than she does. So what's the point on creating two profiles?
in the unlikely event u don't get invites in first few draws, then u need to wait for employers or provinces to pick you. Two profile for the couple, two different noc, more chance of getting picked. I hope u understand now.

newGirl_sk

Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Saskatchewan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2015
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
R-9,L-9,S-8,W-7.5
Med's Done....
15-04-2016
idefix said:
how about double the chances of getting picked?!!

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
desertfox said:
in the unlikely event u don't get invites in first few draws, then u need to wait for employers or provinces to pick you. Two profile for the couple, two different noc, more chance of getting picked. I hope u understand now.
newGirl_sk said:
how about double the chances of getting picked?!!
I do understand what you mean. But I'll wait for the first two draws first. If I'm not picked, we'll probably create profile for her as well.

I think there won't be many nominations by Provinces on the first months. And the job bank is not even working yet...

Thanks you guys :)

praneet87

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idefix said:
I do understand what you mean. But I'll wait for the first two draws first. If I'm not picked, we'll probably create profile for her as well.

I think there won't be many nominations by Provinces on the first months. And the job bank is not even working yet...

Thanks you guys :)
You have 482 without Canadian experience? Thats mighty impressive. Didn't even know that was possible.

Froze950

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Hello,

The average score right now ( from spread sheet ) is 412. I think they will be picking people with above average scores. 450 + should be okay.

Just my thought.

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
based on our spreadsheet if we ignore people with Canadian experience, the average score is 374 and median score is 369. But this information is not useful because out data is highly left skewed. I think the percentile distribution of scores gives more information. The percentile or Quantile distribution is given below.
Quantile Estimate
100% 482
99% 481
95% 464
90% 446
75% 412
50% 369
25% 345
10% 316
5% 301
I hope this clarifies some questions. 482 is highest score. If your score is 446 or more you are in top 10%, if it is more than 464 you are in top 5%, if more than 425 in top 15%, if it more than 412 you are in top 25%.
1% 206
0% Min 102

hedonist10

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Dear friends,
I have a question about PCC. I am from India and currently in USA on study permit. Do I need PCC from India or USA or from both in case I receive ITA.
Help is really appreciated

Core2

Jul 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Froze950 said:
Hello,

The average score right now ( from spread sheet ) is 412. I think they will be picking people with above average scores. 450 + should be okay.

Just my thought.

I think they will still go by NOC and skill set. We can not predict draw on the basis of high points only. what if only computer programmers are in majority of high score? will they call all computer guys. I dont think it is possible. They will balance the ratio on skill set. So in some NOCs there will be a fair chance for people who are less then 400 points. Even guys who score 320-350 can make it if there is not competition in there skill set. lets wait and see the trend of draws.

aravindkumarh

Jan 3, 2015
hedonist10 said:
Dear friends,
I have a question about PCC. I am from India and currently in USA on study permit. Do I need PCC from India or USA or from both in case I receive ITA.
Help is really appreciated
Hedonist, you have to get PCC from every country you stayed for more than continuous 6 months after your 18 years of age

insouciant

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Core2 said:
I think they will still go by NOC and skill set. We can not predict draw on the basis of high points only. what if only computer programmers are in majority of high score? will they call all computer guys. I dont think it is possible. They will balance the ratio on skill set. So in some NOCs there will be a fair chance for people who are less then 400 points. Even guys who score 320-350 can make it if there is not competition in there skill set. lets wait and see the trend of draws.
totally agree with you buddy.
But most of the guys here are not considering this important factor.

anishsm

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting....
Nomination.....
Waiting....
AOR Received.
Waiting....
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Core2 said:
That's my opinion too it will be evenly or at least close to evenly distributed by NOC and programme. As usual hence in the hot NOCs the stakes are always higher. And that's why I am a bit pessimistic. If the draw count is huge, then there would be something in it for the likes of me (2173 NOc)