+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My ambitious attempt at trying to predict the number of ITAs for Jan. draw!!!

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
GurmanS said:
I got 343 points in ee and profile got selected under cec. My english proficiency is really high ? how r my chances ?
You should sit for IELTS to increase your score.

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
Dear

Your analysis is very good. But i am confused about total number of applicant for first draw. Until today (2015.1.25), I saw there are 550 applicants in the spreadsheet. Hope within this week another 50 applicants will be included in the spreadsheet.
If 80% of the forum members who have an active EE profile are in the SS, so the total applications will be (600/80)X100 = 750

if total EE applicant is 5 times that spreadsheet , then the total EE applicants for first draw is 750X5=3750

As per CIC information, since job bank service is not available , CIC will pick more applicant in first draw than any other draw. So i am hoping 350 point will be the minimum selection point.

what do you think?

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
miltoncsekuet said:
Dear

Your analysis is very good. But i am confused about total number of applicant for first draw. Until today (2015.1.25), I saw there are 550 applicants in the spreadsheet. Hope within this week another 50 applicants will be included in the spreadsheet.
If 80% of the forum members who have an active EE profile are in the SS, so the total applications will be (600/80)X100 = 750

if total EE applicant is 5 times that spreadsheet , then the total EE applicants for first draw is 750X5=3750

As per CIC information, since job bank service is not available , CIC will pick more applicant in first draw than any other draw. So i am hoping 350 point will be the minimum selection point.

what do you think?
We are only speculating right now. In the next week we'll be sure.

But I would be astonished if CIC sets 350 points as minimum (and therefore calls over 70% of the pool). And I feel there will be more applicants as well - 3.750 feels a little low.

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
FSW2014 applicants bouncing off on the noc cap and those who applied late (November and December) are most likely be participating in express entry pool.

So number of candidates in pool(in January) should be around 10 thousand.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
desertfox said:
FSW2014 applicants bouncing off on the noc cap and those who applied late (November and December) are most likely be participating in express entry pool.

So number of candidates in pool(in January) should be around 10 thousand.
I agree - that would be my guess as well.

dp143

Jan 14, 2015
desertfox said:
Job match service will take some more time. But how to obtain LMIA for express entry is outlined at CIC website

Can you please share the weblink of this process of getting LMIA ?

NOC4162

Jan 23, 2015
hedonist10 said:
Dear friends,
I have a question about PCC. I am from India and currently in USA on study permit. Do I need PCC from India or USA or from both in case I receive ITA.
Help is really appreciated
You need to have a pcc from all countries where you have spent continuous 6 months or more of your life!

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
dp143 said:
Can you please share the weblink of this process of getting LMIA ?
Here is the link for LMIA process
http://www.edsc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml

patreya

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I don't like the PCC rule. I mean, I can do and get the Police certificate, but I do not want to bother until I know if I will be selected or not. I just hope that once and if selected, I will be able to do it within 60 days of time.

Btw, do I still need certificate if I have not spent a continuous 6 month in a country, but have done so over a period of many years. NO harm in getting one I guess, being on a safe side.

Granadoespada

Jan 14, 2015
Well, maybe tomorrow Monday they will announce? Been looking everyday in this forum but still no announcement. Getting tired of waiting... Am I in or out

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
patreya said:
I don't like the PCC rule. I mean, I can do and get the Police certificate, but I do not want to bother until I know if I will be selected or not. I just hope that once and if selected, I will be able to do it within 60 days of time.

Btw, do I still need certificate if I have not spent a continuous 6 month in a country, but have done so over a period of many years. NO harm in getting one I guess, being on a safe side.
You don't need pcc for other countries if u haven't stayed there for six months continuously.

Dor home country, apply for pcc after getting invitation to apply from CIC

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
Granadoespada said:
Well, maybe tomorrow Monday they will announce? Been looking everyday in this forum but still no announcement. Getting tired of waiting... Am I in or out
If you applied under express entry you are in the pool of candidates.

In the first few draws may be high scoring only, but at later stage, average scorers should also get invitations.