+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My ambitious attempt at trying to predict the number of ITAs for Jan. draw!!!

kolman

Jul 30, 2011
100% would be a cap for IT and computer nocs.canada needs labors in varied occupations other than IT.minimum point may be 350-370

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
kolman said:
100% would be a cap for IT and computer nocs.canada needs labors in varied occupations other than IT.minimum point may be 350-370
If this were the case, why would CIC explicitly announce there will be no NOC-based caps under Express Entry?

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
fl_pie said:
If this were the case, why would CIC explicitly announce there will be no NOC-based caps under Express Entry?
I guess eventually over large numbers all noc will balance themselves out

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
dukhi said:
I guess eventually over large numbers all noc will balance themselves out
Exactly right, if there is a shortage of a particular NOC in Canada, then employers would easily be able to obtain LMIAs for employees, meaning they would gain large point advantages in EE and be drawn ahead of the more popular NOCs where employers would have a hard time obtaining an LMIA.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
doubleym said:
Exactly right, if there is a shortage of a particular NOC in Canada, then employers would easily be able to obtain LMIAs for employees, meaning they would gain large point advantages in EE and be drawn ahead of the more popular NOCs where employers would have a hard time obtaining an LMIA.
Agreed too. In fact I think this is the main reason CIC moves to EE system. It leaves the decision of composition of occupation to the job market, instead of CIC/ESDC do their research and create a list of eligible NOC, thus reacts to changes in job market faster.

Sounds great, but we will see if it actually works

soniceamon

Aug 19, 2014
dude I agree with some part of your comments. I don't know if CIC want more money or what, but i know, in FSW14 my wife don't need a WES report and right now I have to spend extra hundreds bucks to apply for her WES as few extra points from my wife might be helpful and nothing was in a certain just yet.

Granadoespada said:
Your analysis made me think...
So they want the best immigrants, period...OK. Just the best.
I reread the news release, and it said they want the highest ranking... Is second place the best, no, right?
So they might just choose the best, which is the top 1 percent... 2nd place is not the best.
(Of course, they can just say the top ten percent)

So now, I think they will just choose the top ten percent, not 1 percent, that's my guess.

As for the reason why they might imply that it's easy to go to Canada, like how entering now is express, it's to create buzz. Awareness will make a lot of people apply...

I think that a part of the pool of applicants will be from people who were part of the 200 thousand backlogged applications.
So that's a big pool. But to actually have the energy to apply again after having been let down before might impact EE application numbers. Because that's how I felt when I applied for FSW 2014, what a let-down. But I still applied, this time with less expectations.

GurmanS

May 17, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12 Aug 2015
desertfox said:
You should sit for IELTS to increase your score.
I already scored 122 when it comes to language. I have 2 years of education in canada and one year of skilled work experience but the problem is that i did not get the 40 points for 1 yr experience .

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
soniceamon said:
dude I agree with some part of your comments. I don't know if CIC want more money or what, but i know, in FSW14 my wife don't need a WES report and right now I have to spend extra hundreds bucks to apply for her WES as few extra points from my wife might be helpful and nothing was in a certain just yet.
Why would CIC gain more money with your wife WES? CIC doesn't have any relationship with WES, and doesn't gain one cent per ECA report issued.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idefix said:
Why would CIC gain more money with your wife WES? CIC doesn't have any relationship with WES, and doesn't gain one cent per ECA report issued.
Absolutely right buddy....I don't know why people make these kind of predictions which have no sense at all....

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
Granadoespada said:
Because before, there was no ECA, then suddenly ECA is required
ECA was always required for FSW.

The reason it's required for EE is because you gain points for your education, you have to be able to prove that those points are valid and if your credential isn't obtained in Canada, the only way for them to do that is with an ECA.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Granadoespada said:
Because before, there was no ECA, then suddenly ECA is required
ECA is not only a requirement but it is mandatory for some high class jobs & for higher Education here in Canada, Think if you & your's wife have ECA done how easy it will be for you & for your wife to get a job in Canada. But once you come here in Canada without ECA it will be very difficult to get have your ECA done from your home country and getting jobs in Canada also.

Secondly ECA was always a requirement for FSW.

soniceamon

Aug 19, 2014
"Secondly ECA was always a requirement for FSW ??!!??!!" - I dont see that. in FSW14 there's no option for Spouse's education, only Canada experience and IELTS can gain you more points.

chevy said:
ECA is not only a requirement but it is mandatory for some high class jobs & for higher Education here in Canada, Think if you & your's wife have ECA done how easy it will be for you & for your wife to get a job in Canada. But once you come here in Canada without ECA it will be very difficult to get have your ECA done from your home country and getting jobs in Canada also.

Secondly ECA was always a requirement for FSW.

soniceamon

Aug 19, 2014
I don't say that. I am just doubt why they require this now. is it too late for my wife to get her WES when we actually ARRIVE Canada? oh, I know, I will get anything required as I have no option left and complain is not fair too.

idefix said: