+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Saiv

Aug 17, 2024
Hey Guys, hope you are well. I have given my citizenship test and got 18/20, also have an email confirmation. It's been a week and no updates on the completion. When can I expect an update any idea ? here are my timelines...

Applied - May 17th
AOR - May 23rd
Tracker created - May 30th
Ghost updates - May 30th and June 6th
Test invite - July 29th
Test attended - August 10th
Office Location - Niagara Falls

Only background check status says completed so far.

Reactions: hssrp

Saiv

Aug 17, 2024
Hey Guys, hope you are well. I have given my citizenship test and got 18/20, also have an email confirmation. It's been a week and no updates on the completion. When can I expect an update any idea ? here are my timelines...

Applied - May 17th
AOR - May 23rd
Test invite - July 29th

Can someone update this in the spreadsheet for me please.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Citizenship Test Given -11 Aug; Status updated to "Completed" on 15 Aug. Tracker updated 17 Aug
BG Completed on 8th July.
They haven't asked for Fingerprints so far. Possibly coz I gave my FP when I applied for PGWP, and that's valid for 10 years?
When can I expect the Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions to be completed? How is Prohibitions different from BG?
Spreadsheet updated. Not everyone is asked for FP, only if it flags the RCMP database due to partial match of name, dob etc, then they as FP to clear that you are not that person and sometimes for QA.
Since your BG is completed, you won't be asked for FP.

Reactions: komalmonga123

Ann01

May 8, 2024
I got my "e-certificate download" email today Aug 17.

It has steps to create an ircc portal to download the e-certificate. Either you can use your ircc account from temporary visas or you can create a new one with the invitation code in the email.

Hopefully I will get the oath ceremony invitation next week got confused seeing e-certificate dowload email before the invitation

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA

Applied - May 17th
AOR - May 23rd
Test invite - July 29th

Added your data to the spreadsheet, could you please share the below missing info to update.

Location (City applied from):
Physical Presence Days:
Application: Single/Family(number of family members):
Background completed date. :

Don't worry about the test, generally they take between 2-10 business days to update the status. Mostly you would see it updated next week.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I got my "e-certificate download" email today Aug 17.

It has steps to create an ircc portal to download the e-certificate. Either you can use your ircc account from temporary visas or you can create a new one with the invitation code in the email.

Hopefully I will get the oath ceremony invitation next week got confused seeing e-certificate dowload email before the invitation
Yes, many offices send this email before the oath invite email. This is unnecessary confusion but I guess different teams work on them and are not in Sync. You can follow the steps to create the portal account if you don't have it already so that you are ready to download the certificate after the Oath and sending oath forms.

Reactions: Ann01

Saiv

Aug 17, 2024
Added your data to the spreadsheet, could you please share the below missing info to update.

Physical Presence Days:
Background completed date. :

Don't worry about the test, generally they take between 2-10 business days to update the status. Mostly you would see it updated next week.
Thanks for the response! Also a quick question, I am thinking of a vacation outside Canada from November 1st week to December 1st week. You think it is safe to book the tickets and plan the everything, hoping that my oath ceremony will be done by then ? what you feel?

Here are rest of the details.

Location (City applied from): Waterloo
Physical Presence Days: 1185
Application: Single
Background completed date. : June 20

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Thanks for the response! Also a quick question, I am thinking of a vacation outside Canada from November 1st week to December 1st week. You think it is safe to book the tickets and plan the everything, hoping that my oath ceremony will be done by then ? what you feel?

Here are rest of the details.

Location (City applied from): Waterloo
Physical Presence Days: 1185
Application: Single
Background completed date. : June 20
Thank you, spreadsheet updated

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi, Please Update :

Finger Print Received : 12 Aug 2024
Background complete : 13 Aug 2024

Thanks
Hi, I don't find your data in the May spreadsheet. Could you please share the below info so that I can add it for you.

Type: Online application/Paper application
Physical Presence Days:
Application sent:
Delivered:
AOR:
Ghost Update:
Fingerprint Request Date:
Fingerprint Received Date : 12 Aug 2024
Background complete: 13 Aug 2024
Test invite date :