+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I an online interview coming up on August 28, and below is the details. Any idea, and is this related to to BG check as well?

You will be interviewed by a citizenship officer or agent to verify your identity and the originals of the
documents you provided at the time you applied. You will also be asked to answer any concerns we may
have about your application in order to help determine if you meet all the requirements for citizenship.

During the interview, your knowledge of English or French will be verified, if applicable. For more
information on the official language requirement for citizenship, please consult your application package
or visit the Help Centre.
It is mainly for verifying your identity and also clear any specific questions they may have regarding your application or travel history.

ms2237

Oct 21, 2021
LPP completed on August 14th for me and my daughter. Niagara office.
But for my minor son (13 years), I see only Prohibitions was marked Completed. Is that normal? when will others get completed for him?

Reactions: hssrp

Ann01

May 8, 2024
I got update today

LPP completed on Aug 14
Citizenship oath on Aug 14
Scheduled for Oath ceremony on Aug 28

I havent got the email yet!

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
LPP completed on August 14th for me and my daughter. Niagara office.
But for my minor son (13 years), I see only Prohibitions was marked Completed. Is that normal? when will others get completed for him?
Congratulations!
Yes, minor children are exempt from both Physical Presence and Language. So you would see your son's next status update as Oath scheduled along with yours.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I got update today

LPP completed on Aug 14
Citizenship oath on Aug 14
Scheduled for Oath ceremony on Aug 28

I havent got the email yet!
Congratulations, so happy for you!
You will get the email most probably next week with all the details.

Reactions: Ann01

chachacanada

Apr 29, 2024
Once a day in the morning is good as it doesn't update during the day.

Tracker updates once a day from Tuesday to Saturday at around 5-5:30 AM EST.
Sorry I am just circling back on this. Since there is a delay of 2 days on the tracker, won’t I have to check on Sundays for any updates that were done on Friday? Or do I have this wrong?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Sorry I am just circling back on this. Since there is a delay of 2 days on the tracker, won’t I have to check on Sundays for any updates that were done on Friday? Or do I have this wrong?
Here is how the tracker delay works., (It is 2 business days delay).

IRCC update --> Visible on tracker
Monday --> Wednesday
Tuesday --> Thursday
Wednesday --> Friday
Thursday --> Saturday
Friday --> Tuesday

Reactions: chachacanada

chachacanada

Apr 29, 2024
Here is how the tracker delay works., (It is 2 business days delay).

IRCC update --> Visible on tracker
Monday --> Wednesday
Tuesday --> Thursday
Wednesday --> Friday
Thursday --> Saturday
Friday --> Tuesday
Thanks for this! I did not know of the Friday updates only showing up on Tuesdays.

komalmonga123

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Citizenship Test Given -11 Aug; Status updated to "Completed" on 15 Aug. Tracker updated 17 Aug
BG Completed on 8th July.
They haven't asked for Fingerprints so far. Possibly coz I gave my FP when I applied for PGWP, and that's valid for 10 years?
When can I expect the Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions to be completed? How is Prohibitions different from BG?