Hi Guys yesterday I passed my test
My Time line

Application Filed - 8 May 2024
AoR - 11 May
Back Ground Completed -25 July
Schedule for test - 6 August
Test passed - 19 August

when Oath can expected ?

This is group Application , two adult one minor .

Thanks
Spreadsheet updated, you need to wait for it to be marked as completed in the tracker, then LPP and then Oath.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
@hssrp : Today I called up IRCC to check on my status and they confirmed that everything is complete except for Prohibition which is pending from my processing office Scarborough. I am assuming that officer missed to mark prohibition completed post my interview as after the fingerprint and background there are no reason prohibition is kept on hold.

Let me know your thoughts as if this is the case I am stuck for a long time here.
Yes, your officer most like missed to update the prohibitions after FP and BG, hope he completes it soon!

Honeybadger27

Mar 11, 2019
Hi All - I have a new update. I took the test on August 13. Test completed status update on August 21. I gave my FP on July 15 but Background is still not complete.

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi All - I have a new update. I took the test on August 13. Test completed status update on August 21. I gave my FP on July 15 but Background is still not complete.
Thank you spreadsheet updated. When did you receive the FP request and when did you give the FP? You can call RCMP and check when they sent it to IRCC and call IRCC to check if they received it already.

komalmonga123

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Need Urgent Advise Please!!!
  1. I might have to travel outside Canada for 2-3 weeks anytime around 2nd Week of September for FAMILY Reasons.
  2. My background check was completed on 10 July and Test was completed on 17 Aug.
  3. I am worried I might be asked to give FP while I am outside Canada. I have been told repeatedly that I would not be asked for FP since my background is already completed, but my Prohibitions is not. I am just trying to ask for advise in a worst case scenario where IRCC might ask for them. How is requirement for fingerprints communicated? Via Email? Phone Call? Or Official Letter by Post?
  4. What if the oath ceremony is scheduled during this time? How is the decision and oath ceremony date communicated? Via Email? Phone Call? Or Official Letter by Post?
  5. I stay by myself so I don't have anyone to receive/check for a postal letter if I am not in the country.
Please I really need the help of this group and our experts to figure out the next steps!

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Need Urgent Advise Please!!!
  1. I might have to travel outside Canada for 2-3 weeks anytime around 2nd Week of September for FAMILY Reasons.
  2. My background check was completed on 10 July and Test was completed on 17 Aug.
  3. I am worried I might be asked to give FP while I am outside Canada. I have been told repeatedly that I would not be asked for FP since my background is already completed, but my Prohibitions is not. I am just trying to ask for advise in a worst case scenario where IRCC might ask for them. How is requirement for fingerprints communicated? Via Email? Phone Call? Or Official Letter by Post?
  4. What if the oath ceremony is scheduled during this time? How is the decision and oath ceremony date communicated? Via Email? Phone Call? Or Official Letter by Post?
  5. I stay by myself so I don't have anyone to receive/check for a postal letter if I am not in the country.
Please I really need the help of this group and our experts to figure out the next steps!
Here are my 2 cents on this,

1. As per IRCC, if your absence from Canada is more than 2 weeks, you are supposed to notify them via a webform about the absence and the date of return to Canada.
2. It is good that your BG and test are completed.
3. You will NOT be asked for FP as your BG is completed as FP are for criminality checks which are part of BG and not Prohibitions. However, you MAY be asked for an in-person or virtual interview before your LPP is marked completed. Like FP, it is also not for everyone, but few of the May applicants were called for the interview either for ID verification, travel history verification or to answer some questions the officer has regarding the application in general or around Prohibitions. All communications from IRCC (whether FP or interview request) are sent via email tot he email ID you gave in the application. For FP request, they give 30 days to complete the request, however the interview is on a specific date and the email will have the date you need to attend the interview.
4. At this point of time, Vancouver office is very slow and are scheduling Oath for March and April applicants with an Oath date in September so mostly unlikely that you would get the Oath scheduled in September, but you never know! They will send the Oath invite via Email. If it is scheduled for you in September during your absence, you can respond to the email asking for reschedule of the oath ceremony due to your absence and give them your return date. However, please note that it can delay your oath and some got a new date within an few weeks of returning and few are waiting for months, so rescheduling should be avoided as much as possible unless absolutely necessary.
5. Don't worry, ALL communications from IRCC would be via EMAIL to the email ID you provided on the application.

Reactions: komalmonga123