+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

komalmonga123

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Here are my 2 cents on this,

1. As per IRCC, if your absence from Canada is more than 2 weeks, you are supposed to notify them via a webform about the absence and the date of return to Canada.
2. It is good that your BG and test are completed.
3. You will NOT be asked for FP as your BG is completed as FP are for criminality checks which are part of BG and not Prohibitions. However, you MAY be asked for an in-person or virtual interview before your LPP is marked completed. Like FP, it is also not for everyone, but few of the May applicants were called for the interview either for ID verification, travel history verification or to answer some questions the officer has regarding the application in general or around Prohibitions. All communications from IRCC (whether FP or interview request) are sent via email tot he email ID you gave in the application. For FP request, they give 30 days to complete the request, however the interview is on a specific date and the email will have the date you need to attend the interview.
4. At this point of time, Vancouver office is very slow and are scheduling Oath for March and April applicants with an Oath date in September so mostly unlikely that you would get the Oath scheduled in September, but you never know! They will send the Oath invite via Email. If it is scheduled for you in September during your absence, you can respond to the email asking for reschedule of the oath ceremony due to your absence and give them your return date. However, please note that it can delay your oath and some got a new date within an few weeks of returning and few are waiting for months, so rescheduling should be avoided as much as possible unless absolutely necessary.
5. Don't worry, ALL communications from IRCC would be via EMAIL to the email ID you provided on the application.
Thank You so much. This is really helpful :)

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
LPP completed today on the tracker but actually completed on the 21st

Waiting for the oath ceremony
Do you know your processing office? If it is Scarborough, then you might see Oath scheduled status as early as tomorrow or by early next week.

madrazi

Apr 27, 2017
I took my citizenship test on Aug10th and passed (received a confirmation email). But the tracker isn't updated yet. Is this usual?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I took my citizenship test on Aug10th and passed (received a confirmation email). But the tracker isn't updated yet. Is this usual?
Most likely, it is the same officer as mine :p
Based on the trends in the May WhatsApp group you might most likely see it updated to completed in the tracker tomorrow.
I did my test on Aug 8th and was marked as completed yesterday, another user did on Aug 9th was marked today, so you can expect next!
Vancouver officers are generally slow with everything!

If you would like to join the WhatsApp group for May 2024 applicants, here is the link to the group - https://chat.whatsapp.com/JlML7i8YuSD2eo5rEP89sU

Reactions: madrazi

Petzold

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Do you know your processing office? If it is Scarborough, then you might see Oath scheduled status as early as tomorrow or by early next week.
It's Scarborough based on the test invite email unless there's somewhere else to look at

Lufees

Oct 10, 2017
Does anyone have an idea how long it takes for fingerprints to reach IRCC Vancouver. Fingerprints were requested on July 22, gave the fingerprints on 25 July. Language and Physical presence got completed on 21st August.

Called IRCC and they say they have not received the fingerprints yet. Also, they asked me to fax the receipt of the payment and an letter explaining the fingerprints were sent.

DRAJPUT

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Does anyone have an idea how long it takes for fingerprints to reach IRCC Vancouver. Fingerprints were requested on July 22, gave the fingerprints on 25 July. Language and Physical presence got completed on 21st August.

Called IRCC and they say they have not received the fingerprints yet. Also, they asked me to fax the receipt of the payment and an letter explaining the fingerprints were sent.
I got FP request from Vancouver office.
FP request date: 15th July
FP submitted : 19th July.
I waited till 13th August and there was no update on tracker.
I raised a webform on 13th August and uploaded the receipt of FP submitted.
I got update on tracker on 14th August that FP was received on 12th August.

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called them (IRCC) yesterday regarding why my BG still says in In progress even though they received my FP results almost three weeks ago.
The lady told me that, everything is on track and that, I should wait a couple more days and an update.
She did remind me of my upcoming interview by saying DONT MISS THAT INTERVIEW.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019
I submitted my application to Vancouver office. They seem to be dead slow. Test invite date Aug 6th . Gave my test on August 8th and passed. It is almost 3 weeks now and yet no updates on tracker yet :(