25-04-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
Darque said:
I'm still waiting to be approved as sponsor in Quebec though, and London will need a copy my husbands's CSQ to proceed with his permanent residence application.

Fingers crossed!
If you don't mind I ask, when did you submitted your CSQ reuest? I'm on the same boat, my wife is awaiting to receive my CSQ so Buffalo can continue processing my application, I figure because of the whole Canada Post mess, it will take more than the 20 business days they have as a processing time.

My request was received on June 3rd and my credit card was charged on June 15, so I'm assuming now that the postal service is back to work my wife should receive it any time soon, too bad tomorrow is a holiday, best of luck!

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
NYQUE said:
If you don't mind I ask, when did you submitted your CSQ reuest? I'm on the same boat, my wife is awaiting to receive my CSQ so Buffalo can continue processing my application, I figure because of the whole Canada Post mess, it will take more than the 20 business days they have as a processing time. My request was received on June 3rd and my credit card was charged on June 15, so I'm assuming now that the postal service is back to work my wife should receive it any time soon, too bad tomorrow is a holiday, best of luck!
MICC received my application on 21 June so I've still got a few weeks to wait. Twenty working days means I should hear something around the 18 July or soon thereafter. I paid with a foreign bank draft as I wasn't to keen in giving them my card details!

Good luck with your CSQ and let me know how you get on :D

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sponsorship - Mississauga; PR Application - Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
British_Bulldog said:
Hiya Spicy,

No news for me still :(. I really don't understand what the big hold up is? There has been no contact whatsoever from them, everything I know is what I've gained from calling the call centre. I'm so effin' frustrated. Trust me to be the one who gets the idiot working on my file.

But great news for you spicy! I bet you're over the moon, I'm so happy for you and mittens too! :D
Hey British_Bulldog,
What exactly is the Call Centre saying now? I think I read somewhere that they has asked you to wait/call them back after about 30 days or so. (I stand corrected). Are they still saying that? I hope not; surely they understand that the 40 days they have stated as "processing timeline" will be clearly up and they will need to tell U something.

I cant imagine how you are feeling. I am feeling quite frustrated for you, right now. :mad:

I am not sure I am helping, so Im just going to shut up.
Fingers crossed, this should all be sorted out soon. I HOPE, maybe, someone just forgot to send out your "sponsorship approved" email and Ur file has been transfered to the relevant visa office.

I hope...I hope for good news. Nothing but good news.
Com'on CIC!
:'(

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
karish1978 said:
Anyone here used lawyers for their application
I believe Dair did.

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
sthomas said:
uh oh I am from the province ... hmmmm, needs to use my brainpower I guess for it to arrive on time ;) ok make it in two weeks time!!! hahahhahahah .. good luck to both of us :)
Whats this PPR? Does everyone get it?
I am afraid, I suck at acronymns (sp?) :(

Also, I am not 100% sure of the next steps now.

1. Please what is the next communication to be expected from CIC after sponsorship approval?
2. Will this communication be via email, letter or phone call?
3. Who gets this communication: The sponsor or the person being sponsored?
4. I would also like to know how soon to expect this communication, but I am guessing that depends on the visa office, right?

Thanks!!

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Ok, Im not sure what I am doing wrong.
Trying to track our application status using the CAS thing and it cant find our application. I heard pple say thay can find their application on CAS one day after sponsorship approval.

Am I just entering the wrong information??
Its supposed to be the sponsored person information, right?
???

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
To log into E-Cas, I have been using my details (sponsor) and Client ID No. from the sponsor approval email from CIC.

Once logged in, I am able to view information / status on both applications (sponsorship & permanent residence)

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Darque said:
E-Cas. 5 days after my sponsor approval email on the 13th, I got a permanent residence update to say they had received it.

We received XXXX's application for permanent residence on June 17, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

:D
that was fast!

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@spicy

ppr is PassPort Request :)

I am not sure what to expect next. As far as the Manila visa office is concerned, the next letter is the passport request and, if applicable, additional documents. they usually send it in 3 weeks time after file transfer.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
spicymum said:
Whats this PPR? Does everyone get it?
I am afraid, I suck at acronymns (sp?) :(

Also, I am not 100% sure of the next steps now.

1. Please what is the next communication to be expected from CIC after sponsorship approval?
2. Will this communication be via email, letter or phone call?
3. Who gets this communication: The sponsor or the person being sponsored?
4. I would also like to know how soon to expect this communication, but I am guessing that depends on the visa office, right?

Thanks!!
PPR = passport request, when the visa office asks for the applicant's visa. This does not mean the applicant is approved in all cases, some offices (especially in Asia) request the passport as part of processing, NOT when they are ready to issue a visa.
1. After the sponsor is approved, the file is transferred to the local office. Some offices used to send an AOR - acknowledgement of receipt- to the applicant to advise their file was received at the local office and tell them their file number. I haven't seen any reports of this since they started using the new system at the embassies. Nowadays, eCAS is being updated more often with this info.
2. Depends on the visa office. Some use snail mail, some use email, others use the phone.
3. Unless the sponsor has been assigned as the applicant's representative, communication is with the applicant once the file is at the local office.
4. Correct. Lots of things depend on the office you are going through, don't compare your process with others', down that road lies madness. :)

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
Not sure if anyone else has seen this. I got this info from another thread and found it quite interesting and useful :D

The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage]
Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS
Qualitative Check
Issue of AOR+120 days Letter

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards]
Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office
File on Queue
e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office"
Eligibility Check+PSDEC
Issue of 2nd AOR
Background Check
Issue of Additional docs Request [if any]
1st BF'D
e-Cas: "In Process"
Send Addnl. Docs
Issue of Med Request
2nd BF'D

Stage-3:
Meds Sent
e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd."
Issue of PPR
Send Passport/s
Security Check
Visa/s Stamped
e-Cas: "Decision Made"
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4:
Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR
Landing at the POE
e-Cas: "Completed".

Also, for anyone who's not too sure what acronyms stand for, I found this list very helpful

http://immipedia.ca/Acronyms

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
spicymum said:
Thanks dair. :)

Any update on Ur package? Have U received it by any chance? If its just the NA missing, U can probably send it back the same day U get it, right?

U know, that U have raised Ur daughter alone for ten years is outstanding! I have raised mine for only 2 years and I know how difficult it is. Keep it up! I am sure Ur husband is very proud of U and soon, there will be no need for us to keep up with these long-distance relationships. :D
And raise U r glass to all the independent women across the word! ;D
Nope, nothing yet. For sure I will send it back the same day.

Well, I am a woman of faith and in all my prayers for many years I was just instructed to take care of my daughter. So I did. I have been extremely blessed in this time with a job, a car and affordable housing. When I met my husband it was strictly on a friends basis because I had chatted with many people but it had never progressed into anything. So this is my first long term relationship since my ex and I feel sometimes really out of the loop of how to deal with certain things. But everything is a learning journey in this life. I just have to give it up to the one I believe in for guidance.

Great... now I am craving Pina Colada... :p ::)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Thanks Darque that is interesting and helpful :D

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
Darque said:
To log into E-Cas, I have been using my details (sponsor) and Client ID No. from the sponsor approval email from CIC.

Once logged in, I am able to view information / status on both applications (sponsorship & permanent residence)
O gosh!
I will try that.

Thanks Darque!

spicymum

Jun 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
28-06-2011
Med's Done....
**-03-2011
Interview........
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2011
LANDED..........
29-10-2011
CharlieD10 said:
PPR = passport request, when the visa office asks for the applicant's visa. This does not mean the applicant is approved in all cases, some offices (especially in Asia) request the passport as part of processing, NOT when they are ready to issue a visa.
1. After the sponsor is approved, the file is transferred to the local office. Some offices used to send an AOR - acknowledgement of receipt- to the applicant to advise their file was received at the local office and tell them their file number. I haven't seen any reports of this since they started using the new system at the embassies. Nowadays, eCAS is being updated more often with this info.
2. Depends on the visa office. Some use snail mail, some use email, others use the phone.
3. Unless the sponsor has been assigned as the applicant's representative, communication is with the applicant once the file is at the local office.
4. Correct. Lots of things depend on the office you are going through, don't compare your process with others', down that road lies madness. :)
Thanks A LOT for the info. :)

Especially for the explanation on PPR. I was just reading blestcheche's response saying that their visa office usually send PPR like 3 weeks after file transfer and I am like "Waaaaaatttt! :eek: :eek:". But that only was cos when I hear Passport Request, I think: "Whoo Hooo!! Visa Time!!!" :p

Im totally clueless as to what Accra office procedure is inc what they usually do or do not send, but will look into that soon.

From the reputation Accra seems to have made for themselves, they will probably use snail mail.
Better not! :mad:
lol. :D