+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**** MAY 2010 APPLICANTS ****

beely

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Guys,

I have a question , for proof of residency for my aunt, is it a must to get all the things with her name?

As you know some times may be the bill will come with her husband's name or her son ( My cousin )

Or any proof it must be with her name only

Appreciate your clarifications

T

Tegnus

beely said:
Guys,

I have a question , for proof of residency for my aunt, is it a must to get all the things with her name?

As you know some times may be the bill will come with her husband's name or her son ( My cousin )

Or any proof it must be with her name only

Appreciate your clarifications
If you think proof of relationship in Canada. Then you should look in your VO specific manual, in my case it was copy of PR card.

No bills would not do. It's only official documents like PR card, passport for citizens etc.

beely

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Tegnus said:
If you think proof of relationship in Canada. Then you should look in your VO specific manual, in my case it was copy of PR card.

No bills would not do. It's only official documents like PR card, passport for citizens etc.
r u sure? r u the same case and they didn't ask for proof of residency ????

because my VO is the same like urs, asking for proof of relationship and proof of citizienship only , nothing mentioned about proof of residency

miksee

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 June 2009
Doc's Request.
28 Sept 2009
Med's Request
23 Mar 2010
Med's Done....
26 Mar 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
navali said:
Why r u tense with that link? we all are together in the same boat.....

in that link, time line is mentioned "in Months" which is wrong i am sure. There could be a typo error.....I THINK, the given time line is "in Weeks"....u can then match it with CIO website timelines as well...
Relax. The table shown in Cohen's site is for old applications BEFORE Feb 28, 2008. That is in months! So, everyone should be happy because those applicants have been waiting 5-7 years!

miksee

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 June 2009
Doc's Request.
28 Sept 2009
Med's Request
23 Mar 2010
Med's Done....
26 Mar 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
Tegnus said:
I got answer from VO. It looks realy good:
Congratulations, Tegnus! You're done! When I got my notice for medical, I went in the following week, and in 2 months, my agent called me to ask for my passport. You don't get a request for medical unless you've passed all the paper and background checks.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Payal

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Guys, I have been a silent observer of this thread as I am also a May 2010 applicant. I saw some table somewhere where my name was also mentioned..
I am getting worried now,, a lot worried ,, because all of you guys are talking about some kind of file number or reference number.. I dont have anything at all. I sent my money in form of DD so cant figure out if it was encashed or not,, never ever heard anything back from CIC.. so my last update is that I sent my application to CIC on 14th May 2010.. what should I do :'( :-[ :-[

miksee

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 June 2009
Doc's Request.
28 Sept 2009
Med's Request
23 Mar 2010
Med's Done....
26 Mar 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
Payal said:
Guys, I have been a silent observer of this thread as I am also a May 2010 applicant. I saw some table somewhere where my name was also mentioned..
I am getting worried now,, a lot worried ,, because all of you guys are talking about some kind of file number or reference number.. I dont have anything at all. I sent my money in form of DD so cant figure out if it was encashed or not,, never ever heard anything back from CIC.. so my last update is that I sent my application to CIC on 14th May 2010.. what should I do :'( :-[ :-[
Since you sent your payment as a DD, you should be able to contact your bank and ask whether the DD was transacted and on what date.

Just relax, most people don't know their file numbers yet. There are actually only 2 (I think?) ... those who have received their 1st AORs, and another person who received a file number because s/he called CIC and requested for it.

The normal process is basically that you wait for your 1st AOR, which is when the CIC informs you of your file number. I received my 1st AOR by post and it was only in that letter that I was given my file number.

So, no need to worry.

iateapple

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
All those waiting for their CIO AORs, here is the actual reason of delay

http://ceiu-seic.ca/en/cic/pushing-back-pays-off-sydney-processing-centre-to-hire-up-to-160-more-staff/

JPMA

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
AOR Received.
PER received 11-03-11
brabus_ said:
JPMA, I am very appreciated to you for your info.
Did you receive your file number even in case it is just an ID :) ?
hi brabus! i did not get my file number anymore because i don't need it anyway. actually the reason why i called is to get my client number for my request for police certificate from canada. but, she told me that we are obliged to get pcc from other countries aside from canada so no need for the client number. she also pointed out that i do not have a client number yet, only file number at the moment.

JPMA

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
AOR Received.
PER received 11-03-11
MACJ said:
Tegnus I want to ask you something, What did you write in the email for receiving that answer. I would like to know what is going on with my process, but the problem is that I made my process with a law firm and I do not know my file number, so I call to cic, at 16139444000 and then I selected options in this sequence 1...2...1...2....1 after that the computer ask me about my file number and I had to hang up because I dont have the file number.

How I could to do in orther to know if they are procesing my case. Could I send and email or call and give other data such as my bith day and my names?

I ask for someone give me advise how I could find out about it?

Thank for you lend attention.
hi mac! i also had that experience before. yesterday i tried calling again. when it started asking me regarding my file number i pressed 0 and it redirected me to the customer care. that's when i was able to talk to the personnel.

T

Tegnus

beely said:
r u sure? r u the same case and they didn't ask for proof of residency ????

because my VO is the same like urs, asking for proof of relationship and proof of citizienship only , nothing mentioned about proof of residency
Quoting from E37059 Visa Office Specific Instructions for Warsaw 5.point:

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP IN CANADA (IF APPLICABLE)
•Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada, such as birth, marriage or adoption certificates.
•If your close relative is a permanent resident of Canada: photocopy of his or her Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Permanent Resident Card.
•If your close relative is a Canadian citizen: proof of Canadian citizenship, such as a photocopy of pages of a Canadian passport or Canadian citizenship card.

poonam

Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2010
AOR Received.
1st : 29 Sep 2010, 2nd Aor : 20.01.2011
IELTS Request
already sent
Has anybody got AOR??
Please update asap

sadika

Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 may,2010
Doc's Request.
28sept.2010
AOR Received.
2nd aor dated: 18 november2010
IELTS Request
Bandscore--8
I SENT EMAIL ENQUIRY TO DELHI VISA OFFICE MENTIONING MY FILE NUMBER WHICH I GOT FROM NOVA SCOTIA. THEY ANSWERED TODAY WITH A LONG E MAIL .THEY DIDNT FOUND ANY INFORMATION IN THEIR DATA BASE YET.

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIO....the answer i got is the same as expected " WE R PROCESSING APPLICATIONS TILL 3RD MAY" and refused to provide any other detail and did not check any status of my file for client ID....

I hung up and called again....this time the lady told again that 3rd may story but checked my application status with date of birth and first/last name and told that they have no record for my file (I am May 19 applicant and CC was charged on 17 Aug :-[ ). She asked to call after 4 weeks to check if there is any other update...

Both the ladies told that there is no time line...they cannot provide any information how long it gonna take....

So just disappointment.... cant do anything except praying and waiting..... ::)