+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**** MAY 2010 APPLICANTS ****

T

Tegnus

sadika said:
TEGNUS AND OTTHERS---------What is the use of file number they gave me yesterday?AOR FILE NUMBER WILL BE THE SAME?usually they give file number after eligibility review completion,so what is the importance of this file number?they mention for future correspondance .,, but for what and with whom?
Please read brabus_ post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/may-2010-applicants-t40510.0.html;msg421656#msg421656
If money were charged - FILE will be definitely created.
If you receive AOR, it is ok, application is transferred to VO.
If you receive deny, file will be closed, and appropriate TAG will be placed in it. Money will be refunded.
If you ask again for status of your application you can already provide them with case #. Number will probably be the same if AOR will be sent to you!

a11k22a33

May 29, 2010
navali said:
Why r u tense with that link? we all are together in the same boat.....

in that link, time line is mentioned "in Months" which is wrong i am sure. There could be a typo error.....I THINK, the given time line is "in Weeks"....u can then match it with CIO website timelines as well...
Hi Navali and Others

The timeline in that link is for pre, FEB.,2008 applicants. It is really a misleading the way they have written. If you see on CIC's website, those numbers are matching for pre,FEB.2008 applications.
For pre Jun.,2010 applicants, surely it will be faster than that.

Thanks

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lakhvinder.kaur said:
Hi tegnus,
this could not be true as you have not received 2nd AOR yet how could they take decision on your app so early. as i saw at the forum that E cas status sometime shows misleading info but it will change soon. if it happens within 'in process' stage than u shud need to worry. this is definitely a wrong update. Dont worry have faith and keep us updated.
Wish you good luck.
It seems CIO hired Aliens to process our cases....they are updating status on ECAS without sending 2nd AOR....they are sending file numbers without issuing 1st AOR....they stopped all regular AORs for MAY onward....it seems several more bugs/blunders will keep going on until these aliens get fully trained on new rules.....disappointedddddddd :-X

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a11k22a33 said:
Hi Navali and Others

The timeline in that link is for pre, FEB.,2008 applicants. It is really a misleading the way they have written. If you see on CIC's website, those numbers are matching for pre,FEB.2008 applications.
For pre Jun.,2010 applicants, surely it will be faster than that.

Thanks
Yes exactly....Agreed...coz even i know several people (who applied in 2009) personally who got thier visas in 8 to 10 months....

JPMA

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
AOR Received.
PER received 11-03-11
hello people! I called CIO today and I asked them regarding my file number. She made it clear to me that the file number is just an ID for the client. Also, I asked when i can receive my assessment letter and how come they are delayed in releasing these letters. She said they are still on track. On the average, it would take 10 weeks after charging the credit card. As for me, my credit card was charged aug.6. So i should expect my email mid Oct.

Perhaps, there is really no need to panic now. We will get our AORs in time.

brabus_

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
JPMA said:
hello people! I called CIO today and I asked them regarding my file number. She made it clear to me that the file number is just an ID for the client. Also, I asked when i can receive my assessment letter and how come they are delayed in releasing these letters. She said they are still on track. On the average, it would take 10 weeks after charging the credit card. As for me, my credit card was charged aug.6. So i should expect my email mid Oct.

Perhaps, there is really no need to panic now. We will get our AORs in time.
JPMA, I am very appreciated to you for your info.
Did you receive your file number even in case it is just an ID :) ?

T

Tegnus

I got answer from VO. It looks realy good:

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that your case has been reviewed by Immigration Officer and as a result, medical forms and instructions will be forwarded to you soon.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tegnus said:
Congrats Tegnus. This is the beginning of good news for some of us in the queue for AORs and the whole process.

Considering that you submitted on September 01, 2010 and you got this response, things are looking up.

Best of luck to everyone.

Cheers
Olabisi

MACJ

Aug 11, 2010
Tegnus said:
Tegnus I want to ask you something, What did you write in the email for receiving that answer. I would like to know what is going on with my process, but the problem is that I made my process with a law firm and I do not know my file number, so I call to cic, at 16139444000 and then I selected options in this sequence 1...2...1...2....1 after that the computer ask me about my file number and I had to hang up because I dont have the file number.

How I could to do in orther to know if they are procesing my case. Could I send and email or call and give other data such as my bith day and my names?

I ask for someone give me advise how I could find out about it?

Thank for you lend attention.

D

David Alexander

Let it ask you for file number 3 times and then it puts you through to an Agent. They will tell you ten weeks from your money being taken before email.

a11k22a33

May 29, 2010
****AOR DELAY MAY BE POSSIBLY BECAUSE OF THIS REASON****

SandR and Tengus got the AOR in the 02nd week of August. Canada had unexpected situation that week as 1 migrant ship with 490 onboards arrived at Canadian Boarder (in British Columbia). This may be possible that some of the immigration officers (probably those who were responsible to send AOR) had been shifted over there to process those refugee claims application. For more detailed information about this news, please open the following link....

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2010/08/13/bc-tamil-ship-migrants-esquimalt.html

Again, i am not perfect and this is just an openion on the basis of the situation which could be a potential reason for the delay in AOR.

SAC

NeedAChange

Star Member
May 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-May-2010
Doc's Request.
6-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
14-Jan-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
5-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
13-Jul-2013, RPRF encashed on 13-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
5-Jul-2013, Passport reached on 8-Aug-2013
Tegnus said:
Congrats Tenus. Really nice to see some success for at least one of the May applicants. Good luck.

brabus_

Star Member
Aug 6, 2010
I will have to repeat again the very simple fact I am stating almost every week here - there is nothing increase in resources can do to eliminate backlogs. Backlogs are not caused by poor management, low resources or incompetence of processing officers - backlogs are a direct result of the difference between number of applications being submitted every year and the annual immigration targets approved by our Parliament. No matter how much money and people you will throw into processing - if you have 3 to 6+ times more applications than the number of visas to be granted per year then you have a backlog.
http://www.ambassadorlondon.ca/cicimmigration.php

I think it is the answer to all delays happenned ever, though it is agent's opinion from several years ago.

INDIANAJONES

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR Received : 09-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
DOCS Submitted : 03-FEB-2011
AOR Received.
ECAS : Medical Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Score With 1st Application Package
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Received : 09-MAY-2011
Med's Request
11-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
20-NOV-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
06-DEC-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-2013 Valid Till 31-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
01 AUG 2013
Tegnus said:
It's your immigration case #. This e-mail basically means they have received your application (which is good) and they will process it some time.

Be patient and it will pay back! :)
I agree with u tegnus. It seems they are also aware of our getting late in their operational procedure. So they are trying to inform sadika exactly at which stage sadika's application is now. Hopefully, Insha'Allah she will get the AOR soon.

U

umair81

@sadika

Dear Sadika u faxed asking about the AOR status so VO sent u the reference Number . this will become ur aor immigration file number when its approved. for now its just application id..

now why they gave it to you. well u go here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/enquiries.asp

choose VO not CIO responcible for ur app. mention ur case id. and ur question. within 2..3 days they will ans u.

i applied for study visa in august. after one week asked via email about status they gave me similar email like u, with id starting with SXXXXX

then in due time thats my visa no but after processing.