+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Powder2020

Jan 21, 2020
I was watching the live presser, and that question was specifically asked to the minister, does this only apply to USA and he replied yes. Unless he was confused himself. (i hope, but not hopeful)

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
I was watching the live presser, and that question was specifically asked to the minister, does this only apply to USA and he replied yes. Unless he was confused himself. (i hope, but not hopeful)
Time will tell but my gut says it will be changed if it's just usa (though it does make me and my wife exempt now)

Powder2020

Jan 21, 2020
Reading that link. It says nothing about USA only, I hope the minister just made a mistake in the question! (fingers crossed)

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
True. Thing about working from home is that there might be others around. Can't risk having anyone see/hear anything personal.

If they were smart, they'd be scanning in all the applications as they come in, rather them having them pile up in a mail room. There's no saying this isn't occurring either. Amazing they don't have an online process for submitting applications. Would make it much easier.
Well given the right hardware a lot can be done at home Ether through a VPN or through custom work tablets it's not hard to securely work

remotely on most if not all of the app process except for a few small things like initial scanning of apps

In fact I suspect that from a privacy standpoint the it actually is more secure to work from home on apps instead of everything being done in one spot (less centralized means more of a hard time for any hackers to get into systems)
Yeah, you're probably right. I work for the govt. and we're still waiting for notification about going back to the office (% of staff returning etc.). My guess is around 30-40% return to the office (depending on the office layout, and the social distancing you measure etc.). Now, this doesn't mean that they'll only do 30-40% of the work. It's possible that they will change how they process, and only do the stuff in the office that *has* to be done there. I'm sure some things can be done from home, but it would make sense that they are very careful with that one, considering that they're dealing personal data.
I called the call centre today and spoke with a lady. Part of the call I could hear a dog barking. It was obvious she was working from home. Thus, it looks like IRCC has implemented policies and protocols to enable work-from-home. This means they are not at full capacity. However, enabling working from home means more production vice agents at home not working and 0 production.

Reactions: lovely89

Andre5

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Whether a call centre rep is working from home doesn't say much about whether there's people opening and processing our applications.

Until this happens and biometrics places open, most of us are still screwed.

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
Reading that link. It says nothing about USA only, I hope the minister just made a mistake in the question! (fingers crossed)
I agree. "The Canada Border Services Agency is announcing that as of June 8, 2020 23:59 EDT, foreign nationals who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents, and who do not have COVID-19 or exhibit any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or who do not have reason to believe they have COVID-19, will be exempt from the prohibition on entry to Canada if entering to be with an immediate family member for a period of at least 15 days. "

"An immediate family member refers to a person’s:

a) spouse or common-law partner;

b) dependent child, as defined in section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, or a dependent child of the person’s spouse or common-law partner;

c) dependent child, as defined in section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, of a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b):

d) parent or step-parent or the parent or step-parent of the person’s spouse or common-law partner;

e) guardian or tutor."

So, this means that it's not just limited to people in the United States.

Jul 18, 2017
I agree. "The Canada Border Services Agency is announcing that as of June 8, 2020 23:59 EDT, foreign nationals who are immediate family members of Canadian citizens and permanent residents, and who do not have COVID-19 or exhibit any signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or who do not have reason to believe they have COVID-19, will be exempt from the prohibition on entry to Canada if entering to be with an immediate family member for a period of at least 15 days. "

"An immediate family member refers to a person’s:

a) spouse or common-law partner;

b) dependent child, as defined in section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, or a dependent child of the person’s spouse or common-law partner;

c) dependent child, as defined in section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, of a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b):

d) parent or step-parent or the parent or step-parent of the person’s spouse or common-law partner;

e) guardian or tutor."

So, this means that it's not just limited to people in the United States.
Yes it is not only limited to US but we need IRCC to process our applications. They are exempt but until they get the visa, they cannot come.

Reactions: Gam14

Colinhsn

Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton, AB
Yes it is not only limited to US but we need IRCC to process our applications. They are exempt but until they get the visa, they cannot come.
I called IRCC. If they are coming on an ETA they can still come (as long as the CBSA agent admits them).

Since they'd be allowed in the country for up to 90 days on visit (if from a Schengen country), that exceeds the 15 day minimum requirement.

At least, that's what IRCC told me. Hopefully it's true. While 90 days may not be long in this extended processing time, it's better than nothing!

Gam14

Mar 18, 2020
this is correct, they still need the proper paperwork to be able to enter. Non visa exempt foreign nationals still need the "visa".
So for me I still must wait. :(

Reactions: rrss13

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
I was thinking of bringing the wife here on a visitor visa, which can be renewed after six months. 12 months is *hopefully* enough to finish PR. Some questions though:

1) Is it possible for her to be in Canada while doing an outland sponsorship?
2) If so, how does she 'land' here in Canada (let's say she's here)?
3) What's the likelihood of getting a visitor visa with a pending PR application?

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
I was thinking of bringing the wife here on a visitor visa, which can be renewed after six months. 12 months is *hopefully* enough to finish PR. Some questions though:

1) Is it possible for her to be in Canada while doing an outland sponsorship?
2) If so, how does she 'land' here in Canada (let's say she's here)?
3) What's the likelihood of getting a visitor visa with a pending PR application?
1Yes she can come and stay during Outland sponsorship as guest

2 she would have to leave and renter Canada if I'm not mistaken

3 depends on the agent duel intent isn't illegal and provided you show the recpit for the pr app and can satisfy there desire for her to leave country if apps denied then you should be able to you just have to try and see what happens

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
Since Canada has resumed processing TRVs and are prioritizing applicants who are currently exempt from travel restrictions, like spouse.

Is anyone planning to apply TRV? Or should we wait for AOR?