MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

sarabmago

Sep 26, 2017
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
hello all seniors,

I am sending this message for urgent advise.
I applied for spousal outland 2nd march through Canada post.

Now my wife's family is threatening to put a dowry case, on my family . ( I am not asking anyone to trust me)

Now they are saying that just let our daughter get PR and go to Canada and this shall pass peacefully. Once she is there they ( me and my so called wife) can stay separately.

I am worried and in confusion. Am I legally bound to bring my wife to Canada.

any Advise is appreciated.

Thank you for your time and kind consideration.
As far as Canadian law is concerned you're not bounded to bring her here but since you have already applied there is still a chance you can explain your situation to IRCC and withdraw your application if that's what you want. Raise a webform to do the same.

Important for you to keep in mind that you have signed and sent the Sponsorship undertaking with your application and be aware that no matter you're together or not after she comes here you're financially responsible for her for next three years. Note you're responsible even if you separate after she comes to Canada. I hope it works out for you but do take into consideration the obligations as a Sponsor in case you decide to go ahead, bring her here and thereafter live separately. Refer to this info on IRCC website below

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355&top=14

Reactions: jinnjinn12345

sarabmago

Sep 26, 2017
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
hello all seniors,

Now my wife's family is threatening to put a dowry case, on my family . ( I am not asking anyone to trust me)

Now they are saying that just let our daughter get PR and go to Canada and this shall pass peacefully. Once she is there they ( me and my so called wife) can stay separately.

How to withdraw application - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=732&top=14

Reactions: jinnjinn12345

jinnjinn12345

Sep 29, 2014
As far as Canadian law is concerned you're not bounded to bring her here but since you have already applied there is still a chance you can explain your situation to IRCC and withdraw your application if that's what you want. Raise a webform to do the same.

Important for you to keep in mind that you have signed and sent the Sponsorship undertaking with your application and be aware that no matter you're together or not after she comes here you're financially responsible for her for next three years. Note you're responsible even if you separate after she comes to Canada. I hope it works out for you but do take into consideration the obligations as a Sponsor in case you decide to go ahead, bring her here and thereafter live separately. Refer to this info on IRCC website below

Thank you sir

Reactions: sarabmago

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020

Technicly his marriage sounds like it fell apart unless it's fixed he should withdrawal app or it be considered marriage fraud if I'm not mistaken

Reactions: canuck78

Sarman Mago

Apr 10, 2019
Minimum 2 months and maximum 3 months currently.
Hi my husband is a Canadian PR and he has submitted my application on March 4 as per the courier status it has reached NS however still we haven’t got our file number.. any idea how long will it take? Please help it’s already been 7 months we are living apart

maxayma

May 11, 2020
Hi my husband is a Canadian PR and he has submitted my application on March 4 as per the courier status it has reached NS however still we haven’t got our file number.. any idea how long will it take? Please help it’s already been 7 months we are living apart
Unfortunately no clear answer anywhere for that even at IRCC web what we all know is that the regular time to receive AOR is from 2 to 3 months however by the the end of last year and the beginning of this year before Covid 19 it was way shorter it was around 2 to 3 weeks. But now because of the Covid 19 it seems no AOR was sent after Mid-March. On the other hand IRCC is working and accepting applications and as everybody knows processing time is negatively affected.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

If the marriage has already fallen Apart he is obliged to withdraw the sponsorship application. You are told to make CIC aware of any changes in your relationship. During landing interviews you are asked if you are still together as a married couple. The wife could not arrive and live separately while not in a relationship. They would have committed Immigration fraud.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello all seniors,

Your in-laws are threatenning you. You are under no obligation to sponsor her. The Family can not do anything to you in Canada if you don’t sponsor their child. You are actually not allowed to sponsor her if the marriage has broken down. Unfortunately the marriage seems to be based on immigration. I am sure that it is very hard to accept but we see similar cases and her family and perhaps your family will likely put a lot of pressure on you to move forward with the sponsorship. I assume the next step will be your wife, her and even your family may pressure you to get back together and work out any problems. Based on the current reaction it is pretty clear that immigration is the major concern. Legally if the marriage has fallen apart you should not sponsor. Many families will put a lot of pressure on you by saying it isn’t a big deal and you’ll just separate once you arrive but there are actually numerous consequences. You are financially responsible for your spouse for 3 years. You also can’t sponsor another spouse for 3 years after she lands if you do go ahead with the sponsorship although you shouldn’t. There will be a lot more scrutiny of any future sponsorship when it becomes clear that you separated very soon after landing and there may have been immigration fraud. It is very hard to get someone deported and prove that someone has committed immigration fraud. You can report the marriage once the person is in Canada but CIC determines whether they will pursue the cases and most aren’t pursued.

I am very sorry that you find yourself in the situation and I’m sure you will face a tremendous amount of pressure to go through with the sponsorship. Please stay strong. There may be organizations in Canada who can offer you support if you need help dealing with the pressure being put on you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Wasn't IRCC deemed essential? So reopening of the province isn't relevant? I am confused as they have had months to implement physical distancing within their office and operate. I also understand AOR can take 90 days so we are still within that window. The AORs in 10-14 days was a new metric and would have been nice, but certainly not what was the usual time frame.
I can also understand delays for medical and biometric requests as most of those services are closed.
That all being said to know the application was received and is in line for processing would be a huge stress reliever in light of everything, and i think this step is relatively simple.
I am also curious why a couple of March applicants have AOR but some February applicants do not, I guess because the tracker is 100% reliable on people entering accurate information, or any info at all - some may enter some dates but not all.
I haven't emailed them to ask if they received my package as I did get a signature to document delivery. I will be calling/ emailing after 90 days.
A friend of mine had her file sit on a desk for 6 months with no movement and it took her MP chasing it down. Once they found it, it took only 3 months for approval. This was last year, so we do have to be aware mismanagement of files does happen.
IRCC has to remain open in some capacity to deal with any emergencies not standard processing..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Lies.
I am late Jan. Applicant and no movement since Quarantine began.
There is very little that can be done remotely when it comes to processing immigration applications for privacy reasons. Now that offices have started opening up processing but at a slower pace. Processing immigration files depends on being able to contact government departments throughout Canada and abroad. some countries are tough to reach without covid so delays may also be due to the inability to contact foreign government organizations. Although frustrating there are a number of pieces that have to come together to get approval.

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think we should all be worried exspiealy if no one in the March group doesn't get aor by July 1st I Mean I can understand closing it for a few months to sort out covid 19 but anything past July feels more like they are doing It not out of safety for workers but out of wanting to stop I'mmgreation
Think it is quite a stretch to say they are actively trying to prevent processing of spousal sponsorship. There is a likelihood that Canada will not be rushing to meet their general immigration targets given that the unemployment rate is high and that hiring has been frozen in many industries. Many people still haven’t returned to work and are still receiving EI or CERB. Canada has made processing of skills in demand faster to try to make sure the economy is not stalling because a company is missing select specialized workers. Certain workers that are in high demand in Canada will be processed faster so definitely not actively preventing immigration.

Although I understand you’re frustrated everything in Canada has essentially stopped for 3 months and many things will not return to normal for many more months. There is no point trying to protest because you think CIC is being unfair. There are many people who have had very serious surgeries cancelled due to covid. Some have unfortunately died waiting. It is all about perspective. Not being with your spouse for a few extra month is not the end of the world. Not getting surgery to remove a cancerous mass or have a bypass surgery for your heart are much bigger issues. The government is focused on not having our economy implode and trying to get people back to work while minimizing the amount of bankruptcies and permanent job losses. These are unprecedented times and everyone needs to be patient and anticipate that things won’t go smoothly. Hopefully you and your spouse have not had covid and remain healthy which is most important. Many have not been as lucky.

Reactions: Usr1997 and MalekM

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Nova Scotia is opening slowly with some restrictions lifted on 5th June and more getting lifted by 15th June : https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/restriction-updates/

Hoping that immigration office will open soon as well with full staff and they will start processing the unprocessed apps asap.
I doubt it will be full staff not sure what the conditions where previrus in terms of cramped quarters( but I do expect em to have maybe 20-50% staff like restaurants in most us states as a guide they will have to do 6 foot social distancing etc most likely) I do expect some aors later this month but I don't expect it to be as fast in terms of processing as it was pre virus

sh33p

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
I doubt it will be full staff not sure what the conditions where previrus in terms of cramped quarters( but I do expect em to have maybe 20-50% staff like restaurants in most us states as a guide they will have to do 6 foot social distancing etc most likely) I do expect some aors later this month but I don't expect it to be as fast in terms of processing as it was pre virus
Yeah, you're probably right. I work for the govt. and we're still waiting for notification about going back to the office (% of staff returning etc.). My guess is around 30-40% return to the office (depending on the office layout, and the social distancing you measure etc.). Now, this doesn't mean that they'll only do 30-40% of the work. It's possible that they will change how they process, and only do the stuff in the office that *has* to be done there. I'm sure some things can be done from home, but it would make sense that they are very careful with that one, considering that they're dealing personal data.