+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2020 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your application and it will be processed according to the date it was received.

Once your application is found to be complete and ready for review, the responsible office will send you an acknowledgement of receipt with your application number and instructions to link your application so that you can view the status and messages online. If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.”
So this means they opened your envelope and put you in the system. Good for ya.

When was your app received at CPC Sydney, if you don’t mind me asking?

Reactions: Brownbeauty

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Wasn't IRCC deemed essential? So reopening of the province isn't relevant? I am confused as they have had months to implement physical distancing within their office and operate. I also understand AOR can take 90 days so we are still within that window. The AORs in 10-14 days was a new metric and would have been nice, but certainly not what was the usual time frame.
I can also understand delays for medical and biometric requests as most of those services are closed.
That all being said to know the application was received and is in line for processing would be a huge stress reliever in light of everything, and i think this step is relatively simple.
I am also curious why a couple of March applicants have AOR but some February applicants do not, I guess because the tracker is 100% reliable on people entering accurate information, or any info at all - some may enter some dates but not all.
I haven't emailed them to ask if they received my package as I did get a signature to document delivery. I will be calling/ emailing after 90 days.
A friend of mine had her file sit on a desk for 6 months with no movement and it took her MP chasing it down. Once they found it, it took only 3 months for approval. This was last year, so we do have to be aware mismanagement of files does happen.
Its not essiantial tbh I mean legaly they can close it but I'd prefer if they close it for later then June they do so by changing the acutauly laws on the book make it require more money or fees etc(outside of work to bring candians home)

By law they are required to review one's app though and at this stage I would be happy to have it sent back so I know what's wrong with my app if anything (I don't think anything is wrong with it)

Shn05

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
So this means they opened your envelope and put you in the system. Good for ya.

When was your app received at CPC Sydney, if you don’t mind me asking?
I don’t think that they have open it cuz whenever I’m trying to put sponsor’s/P.A’s info on ecas it always say try again.

AR was on March 13, almost 3 months already

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Are you in Canada, free to work and be with your spouse? People are frustrated. It's really, really aggravating that people can go cough all over each other at Marshalls in Ontario now but it's not possible to visit your close relatives as it's "non-essential" with virtually zero being done for months and the official line is that "they're still processing applications".

I received my AOR almost three months ago and filed my outland application at first in mid-January (it was then RETURNED by mistake as they claimed I didn't include my marriage certificate when I had, I literally added a cover letter to the marriage certificate and mailed the same stuff and it was accepted!) and haven't heard ANYTHING yet after that.

I could get a delay of a month or two, but honestly, this is getting absurd. I don't expect life to proceed as normal in the coming months/year, but I would like to just be able to properly live with my spouse. And if they're going to keep things shut down, the least they could do is be more transparent with the amount of staff and the delays people should expect. Being in the dark sucks when your entire future life plan depends on PR.
it was your choice.
we must play by their rules.
if you open tracker 2019 you can be surprised that very many people have long imm process without covid

Reactions: canuck78

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Maybe someone should suggest to the ircc a covid 19 fee? To help them find ways to increase processing time/resources ? All apps received on or after a certain date will have to pay it? And put it towereds processing I think that is what makes sense and will most likely happen (someone will have to pay for covid 19 in terms of its cost on I'mmgreation and fees will likely go up etherway)

My. Local dentist is charging a 20$ covid clean fee each visit

A 300-400$ covid processing fee would not be unreasonable to cover ppe etc for the people working apps

Rushie38

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Excellent news there my friend. But why they never mention about Spousal Sponsorship?
Maybe bcz spousal sponsorship does nit help in the economy that much as compared to others ( correct me if i am wrong). And they surely can't ignore spousal sponsirship while rest of the applications are processed. Moreover, they also announced few months back that new family applications are being accepted even if it is incomplete. So i dnt think they have a plan to just sit on a pile of family applications. Let's hope for the best and we should twitter immigration minister as well.

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
Maybe bcz spousal sponsorship does nit help in the economy that much as compared to others ( correct me if i am wrong). And they surely can't ignore spousal sponsirship while rest of the applications are processed. Moreover, they also announced few months back that new family applications are being accepted even if it is incomplete. So i dnt think they have a plan to just sit on a pile of family applications. Let's hope for the best and we should twitter immigration minister as well.
They can't ignore it tbh it's in the word of the law while no one is gurenteed the right to pr they have to legally review all applications for it

Plus I don't think having a pile of apps sitting around is practical not only that I think it would just make the work of those reviewing apps more complicated if one app was priotised over another

Purely from economic gain standpoint though immigration is a bit of a hit or miss I mean it depends on who the sponser is? Would them leaving Canada to go live with there spouse harm Canadas economy? Many who sponser spouses are those who came to canada through other programs

Also another question is who pays the cost if the immigrants get on welfare? On a net basis there are to many veriables to say for sure what the economic impact of someone coming to Canada will be on Canada

Last edited:

jinnjinn12345

Sep 29, 2014
hello all seniors,

I am sending this message for urgent advise.
I applied for spousal outland 2nd march through Canada post.

Now my wife's family is threatening to put a dowry case, on my family . ( I am not asking anyone to trust me)

Now they are saying that just let our daughter get PR and go to Canada and this shall pass peacefully. Once she is there they ( me and my so called wife) can stay separately.

I am worried and in confusion. Am I legally bound to bring my wife to Canada.

any Advise is appreciated.

Thank you for your time and kind consideration.

Gabrielmorrow

Apr 9, 2020
hello all seniors,

I am sending this message for urgent advise.
I applied for spousal outland 2nd march through Canada post.

Now my wife's family is threatening to put a dowry case, on my family . ( I am not asking anyone to trust me)

Now they are saying that just let our daughter get PR and go to Canada and this shall pass peacefully. Once she is there they ( me and my so called wife) can stay separately.

I am worried and in confusion. Am I legally bound to bring my wife to Canada.

any Advise is appreciated.

Thank you for your time and kind consideration.
You don't have to bring her your have to withdrawal app and report to ircc