+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Luckyman said:
At this point I'm willing to be extorted....haha

I've got funds that I'm willing to give to anyone who can get my wife here the fastest!

I just want to start our lives.....but rest assured that after the process is done I'll go through the proper channels to voice my concerns/complaints.

Tagum....I'm sorry to say this, but if your stated methodology for getting results is true.....I'd push your file to the back of the line too. I hope your just venting.
Its not the point of the cost of the money its just that its an obvious scam. I hate being scammed. I want my wife here as well so we can get on with our lives but this is not a 3rd world country where you expect to be bullied and intimidated. No where on the CIC website does it indicate that redoing documents is an ongoing part of the process. Someone is making a lot of money here. $150 per remed. How many remeds get sent out? How much goes back to the embassy?

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Steph C said:
It's what is known around these parts as the Rooster Block ::)

The email that seems to get a quick response (and 3 re-med forms last night) is:

RE-MANIL.IMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca

** keep in mind they have seen all our photos.. i was a lot cuter 7 years ago when we began this process... cough cough they don't know they are dealing with a withered old sailor now .. like Patty and Selma **
You look like Patty AND Selma? That is pretty scary. Or do you mean you look like one and the rooster looks like the other? Hmmm, that's pretty scary too...

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Its not the point of the cost of the money its just that its an obvious scam. I hate being scammed. I want my wife here as well so we can get on with our lives but this is not a 3rd world country where you expect to be bullied and intimidated. No where on the CIC website does it indicate that redoing documents is an ongoing part of the process. Someone is making a lot of money here. $150 per remed. How many remeds get sent out? How much goes back to the embassy?
I totally agree...but the fact is we are...

and I sure don't want to risk making it worse while our application is being processed

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Luckyman said:
I totally agree...but the fact is we are...

and I sure don't want to risk making it worse while our application is being processed
I understand that but I think once you have made your complaints any delay to your application now would appear malicious. Though you may be right. This could drag out the process. I guess I just believed that when you are right you have an obligation to make your stand. Complaining after the fact can be easily ignored.

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
Hello everyone.... as I read on It just seems that the ones on this chat room are having problems.... I would like to ask is why did you get your meds done so quickly... I told my wife to get her med done just before we got our NSO which took 4 months.. if we had got them done right after we we married our meds would have expired May 7/13....and we were also lucky to be able to fill out the IM0008 papers and remove dependents.... she has no chidren....I,m also going crazy waiting since our ann is may 7/13 but it seems the more we talk on this site the PPR,s get longer.... What Do you think????

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
gortandmugs said:
Hello everyone.... as I read on It just seems that the ones on this chat room are having problems.... I would like to ask is why did you get your meds done so quickly... I told my wife to get her med done just before we got our NSO which took 4 months.. if we had got them done right after we we married our meds would have expired May 7/13....and we were also lucky to be able to fill out the IM0008 papers and remove dependents.... she has no chidren....I,m also going crazy waiting since our ann is may 7/13 but it seems the more we talk on this site the PPR,s get longer.... What Do you think????
My wife got hers around August of 2011 (for the second time, first was in 2010) because we were getting ready to finally submit our app in Sept 2011. But then we found out about some other things we were missing (and much of it we found out here, CIC was useless). Then we had to wait for forms at one point. Then near the beginning of 2012 we were ready to submit but needed the Option C (and some extra stuff for self-employment) and that was taking time. By the time we were ready again it was around June. That's when we found out all the forms we had filled out were now obsolete and we had to redo the application and get them mailed here again, etc.

Finally around July we were ready but our meds were going to expire. We had tried to get remeds but were told we couldn't until the original meds expired (in late August). So we could either go with our existing meds or wait and get new ones. I called CIC and asked about it and they said to just send the application because they would probably just extend the meds. Considering how long the wait was at the time we decided to get it in, so August 1st we put it in.

We haven't heard a peep about meds since. Nothing on ECAS either. When I called and asked if we could get the remed and send the new form to the embassy I was told no. I had to wait until they sent me an IMM1017. Besides, they might decide to extend the meds. Considering what I have seen here since, I really doubt that.

We've been on this fun ride since late 2009 and everything that can get misdirected, mislaid, lost, or delayed has happened. The only thing positive that can be said is that we are still committed to each other even with all the separation and annoyances. But whatever patience and "positive thinking" we had is pretty much gone.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
scos said:
My wife got hers around August of 2011 (for the second time, first was in 2010) because we were getting ready to finally submit our app in Sept 2011. But then we found out about some other things we were missing (and much of it we found out here, CIC was useless). Then we had to wait for forms at one point. Then near the beginning of 2012 we were ready to submit but needed the Option C (and some extra stuff for self-employment) and that was taking time. By the time we were ready again it was around June. That's when we found out all the forms we had filled out were now obsolete and we had to redo the application and get them mailed here again, etc.

Finally around July we were ready but our meds were going to expire. We had tried to get remeds but were told we couldn't until the original meds expired (in late August). So we could either go with our existing meds or wait and get new ones. I called CIC and asked about it and they said to just send the application because they would probably just extend the meds. Considering how long the wait was at the time we decided to get it in, so August 1st we put it in.

We haven't heard a peep about meds since. Nothing on ECAS either. When I called and asked if we could get the remed and send the new form to the embassy I was told no. I had to wait until they sent me an IMM1017. Besides, they might decide to extend the meds. Considering what I have seen here since, I really doubt that.

We've been on this fun ride since late 2009 and everything that can get misdirected, mislaid, lost, or delayed has happened. The only thing positive that can be said is that we are still committed to each other even with all the separation and annoyances. But whatever patience and "positive thinking" we had is pretty much gone.
It's funny, we have been on the same ride since about 2009.. I kept worrying if they would approve us, reading the forum, paranioa, more delays because I had to make the perfect app.. waiting for an annulment that never came through, thinking we were doing the right thing. I wonder if I threw a hasty application together in 2009 he might have been here for a few years already. It's so sad.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Steph C said:
It's funny, we have been on the same ride since about 2009.. I kept worrying if they would approve us, reading the forum, paranioa, more delays because I had to make the perfect app.. waiting for an annulment that never came through, thinking we were doing the right thing. I wonder if I threw a hasty application together in 2009 he might have been here for a few years already. It's so sad.
I have thought the same thing. When I saw the statement "incomplete applications will be returned" I took that to heart and made VERY sure I had everything. But hearing of all the apps here it would seem most of them have been submitted without full documentation. It makes me wonder if my wife could have been here already. But dwelling too long on that isn't good for the blood pressure...

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
manila 20-03-2012 in process july1, 2013
IELTS Request
remeds request july11 remed complete july17-aug 1
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I understand that but I think once you have made your complaints any delay to your application now would appear malicious. Though you may be right. This could drag out the process. I guess I just believed that when you are right you have an obligation to make your stand. Complaining after the fact can be easily ignored.
YES HOW CAN I COMPLAIN IT WAS US THAT DIDNT SEND IN THE AOM WITH A FILE # ON IT, THEY WERE WAITING FOR ME FOR 10 MONTHS TO SEND IT

gortandmugs

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
File Transfer...
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
04/07/2012
Passport Req..
29/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/05/2013
LANDED..........
13/06/2013
scos said:
I have thought the same thing. When I saw the statement "incomplete applications will be returned" I took that to heart and made VERY sure I had everything. But hearing of all the apps here it would seem most of them have been submitted without full documentation. It makes me wonder if my wife could have been here already. But dwelling too long on that isn't good for the blood pressure...
your applications are difficult.... I,m now just worried that since they may have opened our application they know our med are good till Aug so just make us wait....at 1040.00 a pop .. what kills me is if it can take under 30 days now to approve a application in Mississauga why can,t they do it in Canada then tell the CEM in Manila to approve and ask them to send her passport... would be alot faster and cheaper but hey!!!! people that go to school for a long time can,t figure that out ....they just get a job with the Gov,t...

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
scos said:

AMEN, HOW CAN THIS SIMPLE ENDEAVOUR GET SO SCREWED

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE DECISION MADE THAT DONT GIVE VISA BECAUSE OF FRAUDULENT MARRAIGE ETC, WHAT % OF APPLICATIONS GET A NO, I HAvent noticed any, except for the delays to our lives being held up, maybe its part of the process is to see if our marraige can handle the stress of being apart and never knowing when we are allowed to be togehter

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
gortandmugs said:
My wife and I were married in October of 2011. I was aiming to get our application in by december but she was delayed in getting her passport changed so we delayed until february. Unfortunately her medical and police checks were done relatively quickly. I was about to send it in then but a call to CIC said they required an income statement from the most recent year so I had to delay it until I got my taxes done. I was able to send them in for May. The processing time then was 7 months which still gave us ample time to get approved prior to her meds expiring but alas CIC lost a portion of my sponsorship application and that delayed stage 1 by 2.5 months. During my many calls to CIC I was assured that the medicals can be extended. This of course is a lie.

Tagum-N.B.

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 31.2013
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 25, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
My wife and I were married in October of 2011. I was aiming to get our application in by december but she was delayed in getting her passport changed so we delayed until february. Unfortunately her medical and police checks were done relatively quickly. I was about to send it in then but a call to CIC said they required an income statement from the most recent year so I had to delay it until I got my taxes done. I was able to send them in for May. The processing time then was 7 months which still gave us ample time to get approved prior to her meds expiring but alas CIC lost a portion of my sponsorship application and that delayed stage 1 by 2.5 months. During my many calls to CIC I was assured that the medicals can be extended. This of course is a lie.
i think they lied about the income statement too unless ur bringing dependant inlaws, maybe i forgot something i think i remember getting a letter from my employer stating my work history and salary, but i know i didnt send in my income tax statement

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16